Liverpool vs Chelsea 7/11/10

i think if they go 4-2-3-1 and the midfield is lucas merieles and gerrard amc, liverpool have a chance, because that will put gerrard one on one with mikel, and gerrard is more likely to win that battle on current form, so it will drag essien back giving lucas and merieles space to work into. if poulsen plays liverpool are in trouble, they really need a mobile midfield against chelsea

Gerrard doesn't struggle against Chelsea FFS. Or Essien. He's a better player.

I never said Essien was better i said he can keep hit quiet. And Gerrard has never had a stand out performance against Chelsea thats all im basing it on.

i think if they go 4-2-3-1 and the midfield is lucas merieles and gerrard amc, liverpool have a chance, because that will put gerrard one on one with mikel, and gerrard is more likely to win that battle on current form, so it will drag essien back giving lucas and merieles space to work into. if poulsen plays liverpool are in trouble, they really need a mobile midfield against chelsea

Yes Gerrard is in good form but you totally brush aside the fact that Mikel has been Chelsea's most improved player this season and is a totally changed player. If it comes down to a Gerrard-Mikel battle i have total belief and confidence in Mikel.

I never said Essien was better i said he can keep hit quiet. And Gerrard has never had a stand out performance against Chelsea thats all im basing it on.

Yes Gerrard is in good form but you totally brush aside the fact that Mikel has been Chelsea's most improved player this season and is a totally changed player. If it comes down to a Gerrard-Mikel battle i have total belief and confidence in Mikel.
i didnt brush it aside,you know my thoughts on mikel, but gerrard is likely to get the better of him if they go with that set up, which is no crying shame in fairness. gerrard vs essien would be a different matter

i didnt brush it aside,you know my thoughts on mikel, but gerrard is likely to get the better of him if they go with that set up, which is no crying shame in fairness. gerrard vs essien would be a different matter

I think Chelsea will try and work their syetem so it is Essien vs Gerrard. Mikel is better at picking up the loose balls and spraying them all over the park. Also Zhirkov runs around like a headless chicken and finds himself very defensive at times which is good cover for us. I just think matching the possible teams up i think we might have too much for them and they might struggle to break down our defence, and even if they do they have to beat a keeper who is arguably on his best form since joining the club.

I think Chelsea will try and work their syetem so it is Essien vs Gerrard. Mikel is better at picking up the loose balls and spraying them all over the park. Also Zhirkov runs around like a headless chicken and finds himself very defensive at times which is good cover for us. I just think matching the possible teams up i think we might have too much for them and they might struggle to break down our defence, and even if they do they have to beat a keeper who is arguably on his best form since joining the club.
mmm it depends on what the match up is. most of the match ups are definitely in chelsea's favour though. if its gerrard vs essien, i think liverpool could possily exploit that with lucas merieles making intelligent runs from deep ,especially if zhirkov is playing. But i feel any midfield that contains poulsen immediately concedes the midfield battle to chelsea

If it comes down to Mikel-Gerrard then I am confident in Gerrard to outplay him.

Chelsea don't really use Mikel in man-mark situations, he usally sits deep and wins the ball and uses it well so if Essien starts(i ******* hope he does)then i expect it to be The Bison vs Stevie G and if you think we have seen fireworks last night.

I genuinely think that Liverpool are the team that Chelsea could destroy by the way they play. This is my thoughts on it but i could be wrong

I genuinely think that Liverpool are the team that Chelsea could destroy by the way they play. This is my thoughts on it but i could be wrong
agreed, this is why liverpool must get their setup right, they must look to put the pressure on chelsea, if they go to contain them, game over

Can't see anything other than a Chelsea win unfortunately. Praying for Liverpool to do us a favour though.

Gerrard doesn't struggle against Chelsea FFS. Or Essien. He's a better player.

if your saying Gerrard has never struggled against Essien you obviously never watched the game when we beat you 3-1 at anfield in the champions league. Essien had Gerrard in his back pocket the whole 90.

The one Liverpool player I am worried about is Fernando Torres. Yes he has been on bad form but if there is one team to get him form back again against that is Chelsea. He loves playing against the blus and has a good goal scoring record against them.

The one Liverpool player I am worried about is Fernando Torres. Yes he has been on bad form but if there is one team to get him form back again against that is Chelsea. He loves playing against the blus and has a good goal scoring record against them.
even a half fit torres is more than enough to trouble JT, if he gets the service.

Normally i would be ******** myself about him but i think either JT, Alex or Brana will leave their mark on him early on and he will fade from the game(obviously i hope).

Got a feeling Mr.Hodgson is going to try and get a draw tomorrow. Don't think he'll try for the win because he knows it will be more likely it turns into a loss if they can't convert.

Got a feeling they will line up -

Reina
Carragher Skrtel Kyrgiakos (sp) Konchesky
Lucas Poulsen
Meireles Gerrard Maxi
Torres

I hope not though, because then it pretty much ensures a Chelsea win. I hope they come out and make a game of it..

Normally i would be ******** myself about him but i think either JT, Alex or Brana will leave their mark on him early on and he will fade from the game(obviously i hope).
not a smart idea to do that at anfield, you dont want terry on an early yellow there,

And people wonder why Torres is injured so much.

Back