Liverpool Vs. Manchester United Sunday 6th 13:30 KO

• Thread starter Thread starter *JK*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 43K

What will the outcome of this match be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
this is the thing, if he was the type of player to consistently on his feet beforehand. when carra makes tackle, plenty of refs might give that as a red. his own acting has gone against him

Yer thats exacly it, if that tackle was on Giggs then Liverpool would be down to 10men now.

At the end of the day we can all agree that both tackles should have been red cards. But atleast Dowd has shown consistancy for booking them both and not sending one off and booking the other etc etc.
agreed. dowd to be fair is having a really good game, even though the players are making it very hard for him

I think what has annoyed most Liverpool fans is Nani's reaction. Running straight over to the ref to get Carra sent off and falling over dramatically when Stevie G touches him.

If he is badly injured, he should have just stayed down and waited for the med staff, instead of risking making it worse

Now thats a twist in the tale, Nani didn't fell when Stevie Me touched him. He was injured and he went down.

Both tackles could have been red. Referee gave both tacklers yellows, which shows consistency and manages to keep 11 players on each side. No complaints about the refereeing so far - he's handled it well for such an important game.

Im looking forward to a Carroll debut goal to finish them off, never thought i'd say that..

Yer thats exacly it, if that tackle was on Giggs then Liverpool would be down to 10men now.
agreed. see gerrard on carrick last time round, bad tackle, but might not have been given red against nani,or villa's ashley young etc, players known to go over

Opinion: Carragher's tackle was horrendous, as was Rafael's. Both could and probably should've been sent off. Nani did himself no favours by getting up, then falling to the floor again.

Conclusion: Dowd has handled himself and the game very well. He can't book Carragher for a reckless challenge, then send Rafael off - we ask for consistency and that's exactly what we got. He also handled the handbags that followed both challenged very well. So, Fergie can't moan about anything (other than his sides defending).

On top of that. We deserve to be 2 up - Rafael and Evra have been nowhere and we've exploited that.
I do feel we need a 3rd though.

agreed. dowd to be fair is having a really good game, even though the players are making it very hard for him

Couldnt agree more. Its easy to see where Utd have been poor and thats when Liverpool attack them with pace.

I don't think he is, but we'll see when it comes to the aftermath of the game.

Though obviously there is no way either of us can be sure if he is or not.

It's real great that we've had to push Rooney out left and lost our main attacking threat of the season, just so he can feign an injury.

I personally think we should cash in on Rooney in the summer, he hasnt been up to it this season and we need to strenghten alot of positions. Maybe buy in Sniejder in the summer (He has already said he wants to join)
i agree there mate squad looks waffer thin now we have few injuries saf must spend in summer!

Surely Nani made a cockup. If you have any injury such as one to calf, the last thing you want to do is get up go the ref and push him. Simply because you risk aggravating the injury, and you're showing disrespect to a ref who has hardly had a lot of help from anybody. But both tackles were pretty horrendous. I'd rather the match finished with 22 players on the pitch. Wouldnt like to be a teacup in the Man Utd dressing room either

There is no severity. There is no injury. That's the news.

Second half, let's get a third.

Yeah. It was play acting and went off in the important game to shift Rooney to left..

Back