Liverpool Vs ManUtd | Oct 15th | Premier League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god L'pool has no defense. I would be satisfied with a draw.

Kenny Dalglish has said he has a fully fit squad to choose from for Saturday's game including Daniel Agger and Martin Kelly.

"Everbody's fine for Saturday."

Johnson/Kelly-Carragher-Agger-Enrique.

That's a great defence.

I'll go for 0-0/1-1
Kelly - no pace
Carra - no pace at all
Johnson - can't defend
Agger - Ok, he is good, but injury prone. I'm questioning his fitness.
Enrique - Also good.

Hoping Pool win for the sole reason that it gives Chelsea an opportunity to catch up with Manc Clubs

Kelly - no pace

Have you ever seen him run? I'd really like to know what you're basing that on, he's very quick.

Hoping for:

Reina
Kelly- Carra - Agger - Enrique
Lucas - Adam
Kuyt - Gerrard - Downing
Suarez
Can see a lot of goals, Liverpool 3-2 United.​

I saw hi couple of times, and every time he looked slow. If you compare his pace with Rooneys, Hernandezs/Welbecks, Nanis or Youngs, he could be in trouble. However, Neville never had great pace, but his reading/positioning was great. So, if Kelly can read game right, he should be OK.

Have you ever seen him run? I'd really like to know what you're basing that on, he's very quick.

Hoping for:

Reina
Kelly- Carra - Agger - Enrique
Lucas - Adam
Kuyt - Gerrard - Downing
Suarez

Can see a lot of goals, Liverpool 3-2 United.​
kelly isnt that quick, quck compared to carragher but thats not saying much

I saw hi couple of times, and every time he looked slow. If you compare his pace with Rooneys, Hernandezs/Welbecks, Nanis or Youngs, he could be in trouble. However, Neville never had great pace, but his reading/positioning was great. So, if Kelly can read game right, he should be OK.

He has pace though...

Martin Kelly run against Everton - YouTube

kelly isnt that quick, quck compared to carragher but thats not saying much

He's as quick as Johnson.

I dont think so, certainly isnt as quick as Young or Nani, so his positioning among others will need to be great. Enrique has enough about him to actually get forwards and pin back his winger, provided he gets the cover

Kelly - no pace
Carra - no pace at all
Johnson - can't defend
Agger - Ok, he is good, but injury prone. I'm questioning his fitness.
Enrique - Also good.

Football isn't just about pace.

And "Enrique - Also good"? He's been one of the best LB's in the league this season, 'good' is an understatement.

I dont think so, certainly isnt as quick as Young or Nani, so his positioning among others will need to be great. Enrique has enough about him to actually get forwards and pin back his winger, provided he gets the cover

Maybe his height makes him look slower than he actually is? He is quick. There is a very small minority in the premier league who are actually quicker than Young or Nani though, Enrique isn't as quick as them that's for sure. Honestly don't think Kelly will have too many problems if Kuyt is played ahead of him.

Never said it was all about pace, which is why i quite obviously mentioned positioning among others being important, especially when you do lack pace (which is important in a full back).

Yes, i know, hence why i said good enough, since he also up against two of the best wingers in the league this season. Like i said he is good enough to turn his battle into an offensive one rather than a defensive one. Whereas all things being equal i couldnt say the same thing about Kelly

I daren't go anywhere near a bookies for this. So so difficult to predict, and probably my favourite Premier League match. I fancy a Liverpool win at Anfield, but it will be tight either way and anything can happen IMO.

1-0 Liverpool.

Football isn't just about pace.

And "Enrique - Also good"? He's been one of the best LB's in the league this season, 'good' is an understatement.

I divide players on utter ****, bad, good and world class. So, good is good. And read my second post about pace.

Ben, I doubt he is quick as Johnson. As Agger, maybe, faster than Carra, yep.

I divide players on utter ****, bad, good and world class. So, good is good. And read my second post about pace.

Ben, I doubt he is quick as Johnson. As Agger, maybe, faster than Carra, yep.

Certainly quicker than Agger, as quick as Johnson imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.