Liverpool Vs Wigan

Let's just agree that Liverpool will finish Top 6 at least and that's all that matters, and that Hodgson knew nothing :p ;)

Oh, and how did United do against Wolves? Yeh, I can troll too (K) (kidding, no beginning of an argument intended here XD)

You will finish in the top 6 agree there... Woy signed todays goal scorer and the guy who has 5 in 6.. ;)

I dno about wolves.... How have you got on against them this year, at anfield..! ;)

I honestly wasnt trolling, i just thought it was lols how it kinda repeated it self twice in a season...

not trolling, just pointing out FACTS.... which are all true.

You are. You're making out as if Woy > Kenny, when we all know it isn't the case, you're trying to make a Liverpool fan have an argument with you, or make us get worked up after a poor result.

You will finish in the top 6 agree there... Woy signed todays goal scorer and the guy who has 5 in 6.. ;)

I dno about wolves.... How have you got on against them this year, at anfield..! ;)

I honestly wasnt trolling, i just thought it was lols how it kinda repeated it self twice in a season...

How many goals did he score under Woy? ;) (Think this conversation has happened about 20 times over the last week)

Under Hodgson :p We also beat them 3-0 at Wolves, under... Dalglish! ;)

And fair enough, forgiven (K)

So all in all Hodgson > Kenny

Bottom half > 6th place

hoof ball > good football.

No No No... Your clearly a better side now... But i think it is more because players like Meireles have settled( no one can deny his contribuation.) I think you would of finished in the top 6 under Woy. But we shall never know that... I was never trying to dis credit Kenny here. I think it was just very very funny how it repeated it selfs. you come of a 4 match winning streak, beat chelsea and wigan hold you to the same result.

Yes, Roy signed him, he also played him on the wing, and said he didn't know where to play him.

You are. You're making out as if Woy > Kenny, when we all know it isn't the case, you're trying to make a Liverpool fan have an argument with you, or make us get worked up after a poor result.

No No No... Your clearly a better side now... But i think it is more because players like Meireles have settled( no one can deny his contribuation.) I think you would of finished in the top 6 under Woy. But we shall never know that... I was never trying to dis credit Kenny here. I think it was just very very funny how it repeated it selfs. you come of a 4 match winning streak, beat chelsea and wigan hold you to the same result.

By settled you mean, he is getting played in the right position? We'd have finished mid-table under Woy. What is with the Woy love anyway? He was a clueless old git.

Luis Suarez made his first start for Liverpool as the Reds were held to a 1-1 draw by Wigan Athletic at Anfield on Saturday afternoon.

Raul Meireles opened the scoring midway through the first half, latching onto a half-cleared cross and fizzing a volley into the back of the net to secure his fifth goal in six matches.

Wigan restored parity on 65 minutes when Steve Gohouri converted at close range after reaching Charles N'Zogbia's deep centre.

Suarez rattled the crossbar with a free-kick late on as the Reds searched for a winner, though ultimately they were forced to settle for a point.

The result, however, does see Liverpool extend their unbeaten run to six matches and consolidates their position of sixth in the table.

The home side went into the contest hoping to extend their four-match winning run in the Barclays Premier League - a sequence achieved with the aid of a quartet of clean sheets and that have elevated them up to sixth in the table ahead of kick-off.

And Kenny Dalglish further enhanced the feel-good factor currently reverberating around Anfield by handing Luis Suarez his first Reds start in attack alongside Dirk Kuyt.

Meanwhile, it was a landmark afternoon for Lucas Leiva with the Brazilian making his 100th league appearance for the club.

It total, two changes were made to the team that had emerged victorious at Stamford Bridge last weekend. However, Liverpool were without the services of Steven Gerrard and Daniel Agger for the visit of the Latics.

Dalglish's charges kicked off knowing that a win would take them to within three points of Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur, both of whom don't play until later this weekend.

Interestingly, this was only the third time in the last 12 months a Liverpool home match in the league had kicked off at the traditional time of 3pm on a Saturday afternoon.

The Reds certainly made an enterprising start to the contest and new boy Suarez was appealing for a penalty inside three minutes after going down under the challenge of Gary Caldwell as he attempted to play a one-two with Kuyt inside the box.

Those appeals were waved away by referee Kevin Friend and his assistants, and Wigan took their chance to threaten - though the danger was quickly snuffed out by Carragher as Hugo Rodallega lurked.

The hosts quickly reasserted themselves, with Suarez a central figure in everything the Reds did in an attacking capacity early on.

It was what is seemingly fast becoming a trademark deft flick from the Uruguayan that carved open a shooting chance for Kuyt on 18 minutes, but his stinging drive from the edge of the area was collected by Ali Al Habsi at the second attempt.

But Liverpool did take the lead on 23 minutes - and the identity of the goalscorer came as little surprise to anyone inside Anfield.

Sterling work from Fabio Aurelio created space for a left-wing cross, which was headed away by Gohouri. However, it only succeeded in falling for Meireles just inside the box, and the Portuguese star required no second invitation to dispatch a typically composed volleyed finish beyond Al Habsi.

That strike took the former Porto midfielder's tally to an astonishing five goals in his last six appearances.

It was nearly two instantly as Suarez cut in from the left and danced away from Caldwell before clipping an effort against the base of the far post.

But Wigan were proving they were far from being pushovers and after a spell of concerted pressure from the visitors, Pepe Reina was called into action just before half-time to repel a skimming free-kick from N'Zogbia.

The Latics threatened again seconds after the restart when only a last-ditch block from Martin Skrtel prevented Rodallega from sweeping home N'Zogbia's dangerous centre.

Back came Liverpool and Suarez stung the palms of Al Habsi with a strike from 20 yards after Antolin Alcaraz has misjudged his headed clearance.

Dalglish made a change on 54 minutes, introducing David Ngog for Meireles, who departed straight down the Anfield tunnel suggesting he had sustained a knock.

Aurelio then lofted a free-kick over the Wigan bar prior to Kuyt drawing a low stop out of Al Habsi as Liverpool attempted to enhance their advantage.

However, the Latics levelled on 65 minutes when a half-cleared set piece was worked out to N'Zogbia on the right. His deep in-swinging cross somehow made its way to the back post and allowed Gohouri to prod past Reina.

Liverpool's response saw Suarez crash a free-kick against the bar from 20 yards, but only after Rodallega had headed over for Wigan moments prior.

With time ticking away on the Anfield scoreboard, the hosts poured forward in search of a winner and a well-worked moved involving Glen Johnson and Maxi fashioned another opportunity for Suarez, but he could only lash over.

Aurelio then went agonisingly close with a long-range strike and Skrtel powered a header over, but the two sides had to settle for a point apiece.

From lfc.tv :)

By settled you mean, he is getting played in the right position? We'd have finished mid-table under Woy. What is with the Woy love anyway? He was a clueless old git.

As i said, settled in, i think his performance have shown that... You cant say that for sure, hence why i said, we shall never know... I just thought Woy was a good manager, and more faith was needed, but him leaving summed up modern day football....

As i said, settled in, i think his performance have shown that... You cant say that for sure, hence why i said, we shall never know... I just thought Woy was a good manager, and more faith was needed, but him leaving summed up modern day football....

If Sir Alex Ferguson retired after finishing 5th in the league (poor for United), and, say, Ian Holloway was to take over, and you found yourselves lying in 12th halfway through the season only a few points above relegation, are you saying you'd want to stick with him?

If Sir Alex Ferguson retired after finishing 5th in the league (poor for United), and, say, Ian Holloway was to take over, and you found yourselves lying in 12th halfway through the season only a few points above relegation, are you saying you'd want to stick with him?

I would say, give him at least until the end of the season... And lets say you finished 7th.. and was down to 12th. with the top 6 well with in your sights... I would of said, give him atleast until the end of the season.

Scott would have a point if the performances leading to the results weren't ******* awful until Gerrard saved us.

We were unlucky today and maybe deserved more, but I accept today's result.

I would say, give him at least until the end of the season... And lets say you finished 7th.. and was down to 12th. with the top 6 well with in your sights... I would of said, give him atleast until the end of the season.

BOOM! United just got relegated after signing Grandin and Gilks in January ;) ;)

Hardly. He got more time than he deserved, he constantly slated the fans and the players, when he, in-fact, was the problem. He would not adapt to Liverpool, he was stuck in his own ways. We kept Souness on, and look what happened there. We're a club who gives people chances, Woy had a chance and was absolutely awful, from his brand of football, to his press conferences.

Kenny coming in is exactly what we needed for the benefit of the club.

Meireles is being played in his favourite position, hence the reason it looks like he's 'settled in'. Take a look at Lee's article from a few pages back.

Happy with this result. I think we'll drop points ourselves today, so it is nice to have the chasing team miss out too.

BOOM! United just got relegated after signing Grandin and Gilks in January ;) ;)

dont think they did mate... I might be mistaken, but i see them top of the league.. ;)

Hardly. He got more time than he deserved, he constantly slated the fans and the players, when he, in-fact, was the problem. He would not adapt to Liverpool, he was stuck in his own ways. We kept Souness on, and look what happened there. We're a club who gives people chances, Woy had a chance and was absolutely awful, from his brand of football, to his press conferences.

Kenny coming in is exactly what we needed for the benefit of the club.

Meireles is being played in his favourite position, hence the reason it looks like he's 'settled in'. Take a look at Lee's article from a few pages back.

6 months isnt a chance, And he was never given support by the board or fans for that matter...77

I did read lees article, and it started with something a long these lines. that meirleles was a good thing from woys reign.

6 months isnt a chance, And he was never given support by the board or fans for that matter...77

I did read lees article, and it started with something a long these lines. that meirleles was a good thing from woys reign.

Yes it is. In that time he had a chance to adopt to Liverpool and the way things are done here. Did he? No, and there were not signs he was going to do so.

Indeed, it went on to say, he didn't have a clue where to play him, even though he claimed to sign him, when in-fact it was probably our ex-chief scout Eduardo Macia... He was never the right man for Liverpool anyone who isn't blinded due to rivalry can see that.

Uhh, just one of those days really. The ref had a pretty poor match, but Suarez was excellent, the spark in all our attacks, hit the post and crossbar.
Stupid mid week friendlies.

Uhh, just one of those days really. The ref had a pretty poor match, but Suarez was excellent, the spark in all our attacks, hit the post and crossbar.
Stupid mid week friendlies.

Agreed. Never played like that under Hodgy...

Was it me or was that goal a shade of offside?

All over them. Had Meireles been able to finish the match and/or Gerrard/Kuyt played 90 it would've been a win. Picture that performance with Carroll, Suarez, Meireles and Gerrard on the pitch. The odds on 4th are worth it.