Ljungberg on trial at Celtic

this smells like robbie keane all over again brought into to sell shirts and hide the fact that your not going to win the league ,

a 33 year old who will know doubt be on big wages for SPL standard and will not deliver when it matters

He has been injury prone and hiding in the MLS takin home a big paycheak

No offense but that is all bullshit :)

Keane and ljungberg where both brought in to help challenge for the title oO)

he was injured at west ham but has been fit the majority of the time in the mls ;)

Ummm...neither do we, hence why we've conceded less oO)

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

That has nothing to do with it. And we shall see anyway.

My point is that Celtic have given away many more soft goals than Rangers :)

I think It's a good signing for Celtic, if he can re-kindle some of his old form, I really don't see why he can't be a huge success in Scotland.

My point is that Celtic have given away many more soft goals than Rangers :)

That doesn't matter, because we've scored just as many but conceded, my point being the recent criticism of our defence is very harsh.

Robbie keane was 100% to hide the cracks! 60k a week and didnt help challenge at all , done nothing in the old firm game he played!

He is Injury prone

" He had to fight with constant injury problems and occasionally severe bouts with migraines; in 2005 a mysterious persistent hip injury led to fears he may have contracted cancer, which were unfounded. It transpired that he was suffering from blood poisoning caused by his large tattoo "

" Despite a persistent ankle injury, Ljungberg played for Arsenal in the 2-1 defeat by Barcelona in the Champions League Final in Paris on 17 May 2006. "

" It was speculated in January 2007 that Ljungberg was being forced to leave Arsenal, after bosses became tired of a run of injuries restricting his play."

and he was injured for the full of 2008

so not sure how that is bullshit!

also he has scored 4 goals in the mls in over 50 games ???doesnt exactly sound like a signed to inspire to me

Robbie keane was 100% to hide the cracks! 60k a week and didnt help challenge at all , done nothing in the old firm game he played!

He is Injury prone

" He had to fight with constant injury problems and occasionally severe bouts with migraines; in 2005 a mysterious persistent hip injury led to fears he may have contracted cancer, which were unfounded. It transpired that he was suffering from blood poisoning caused by his large tattoo "

" Despite a persistent ankle injury, Ljungberg played for Arsenal in the 2-1 defeat by Barcelona in the Champions League Final in Paris on 17 May 2006. "

" It was speculated in January 2007 that Ljungberg was being forced to leave Arsenal, after bosses became tired of a run of injuries restricting his play."

also he has scored 4 goals in the mls in over 50 games ???doesnt exactly sound like a signed to inspire to me

He is a midfielder, he hasn't been signed to score constantly. He is more of a setting up player. And Keane did help, scoring almost a goal a game, just a pity most of the players around him weren't up to it. And because you didn't perform in an OF game doesn't mean you were ****.

He is Injury prone

yes we would give up on the title on January and just sign keane to look good *faceplam*

yes a injury prone player could rack up 50 game in about 2 seasons*facepalm*

he was injured at west but isnt now ;)

ohh sorry ill re phrase it .... he has a history of being injury prone

50 apps in the MLS i could to that its a retirement home with the most slow paced football you will ever watch

and i didnt say that keane was a bad signing he was brought into cover cracks and he did that!

i said ljungberg was a silly signing buy neil but im sure it was mowbary that brought keane in!

if you look at lennons signing only really gary hooper and stokes have done the buisness!

That doesn't matter, because we've scored just as many but conceded, my point being the recent criticism of our defence is very harsh.

True, but you may have won more games instead of a loss/draw, if you didn't give these soft goals away :)

Ljungberg is a free transfer and it's a gamble signing him. If he plays well then it is great business by Lennon to bring him in. If he doesn't play well then the negatives are pretty low. No money has been wasted on transfer fee and the club has had to pay his wages (whatever they may be) for a few months. Signing him is worth the gamble imo

ohh sorry ill re phrase it .... he has a history of being injury prone

50 apps in the MLS i could to that its a retirement home with the most slow paced football you will ever watch

and i didnt say that keane was a bad signing he was brought into cover cracks and he did that!

i said ljungberg was a silly signing buy neil but im sure it was mowbary that brought keane in!

if you look at lennons signing only really gary hooper and stokes have done the buisness!
he was injured for a season or 2 before and after that he was fine.

50 games is 50 games, if you exclud the old firm the mls has more quality than the spl

i dont get what you mean"cover the cracks" keane was brought in to help us challenge for the spl

ki, kayal, hopper, stokes, kapo and izzy all look like pretty good signing to me

Nonsense. Hooper and Stokes have both been very good. Forster in goals has been consistent and made only one or two wee errors here and there. He has saved us on countless occasions and has been great. Izaguirre has proven his worth both defensively and offensively, Cha Du Ri has played very well and been consistent, Biram Kayal has been very good and creative when he's been fit and Efrain Juarez was very good when he first came in, although his form has dropped a bit recently.

Ljungberg had an injury pronce career even with arsenal!

the mls is barely better than the spl considering how much money is invested in it and its just a retirement home for players bar landon donavan

"Cover the cracks " was actually a phrase a celtic fan from my work used about keane because it was obvious it wasnt working under mowbary he spent a lot of money and got nothing back for it! which will be the same with ljungberg

And ill give you izzaguire as well sorry!

Cha du ri can not defend to save himself! he gets caught of position all the time because he wants to play as a right winger!

Kayal barely gets a game anymore!

Juarez played well for around about two months and hasnt played well since

Ledley - ill be honest i was worried about him signing but has been a massive flop!

Masjtorvic is a 100 bomb scare

Forester is not convincing either! i watched a few celtic games on sky and he looks very dodgy with crosses!

Kapo has played 2 games in over a month and got injured the other day so jury is out!

Murphy apart from the odd peno what has this guy actually done?

Last edited:
darryl Murphy , Cha Du Ri , Ledley , Juarez , Mulgrew , Mastortivc , Forster ( im a newcaslte fan and even i think he is dreadful )

That was a big post and it deleted it ahhh!

Daryl Murphy has been poor
Cha Du Ri? He's been very good, that is not a good example
Ledley hasn't lived up to his expectations, but hasn't been poor
Juarez? He's been good
Mulgrew has played decently well and couldn't get a look in due to Izaguirre's good form
Majstorovic has been largely good, just recently he's been mistake prone
Forster dreadful? Are you joking?

Cha du ri cant defend to save himself!
Ledley has not had one performance that has been anything other than mundane!
if Juarez has been good why has he not played in ages???
Majstorovic is a shambles of a defender
Forster the games i remember watching celtic vs kilmarnock at rugby park he was very shaky for cross balls , and i think it st mirren the same again

Cha du ri cant defend to save himself!
Ledley has not had one performance that has been anything other than mundane!
if Juarez has been good why has he not played in ages???
Majstorovic is a shambles of a defender
Forster the games i remember watching celtic vs kilmarnock at rugby park he was very shaky for cross balls , and i think it st mirren the same again

Cha is a pretty solid defender, he is a very good player.
Ledley has played well on a number of occasions, mundane is very harsh.
Juarez has not played for ages, and when he has played he's been very good.
Majstorovic is hardly a shambles, he's error prone and in bad form. By that logic, Didier Drogba is a shambles of a striker.
Forster was solid against Killie, I remember one time vs St Mirren where he was a bit shaky coming out for a ball.

Cha du ri - he is a winger, he played there most of his career

Kayal - is quality

Juarez - is inconsistent but defiantly has ability

Ledley - he is a passenger and i agree a flop

Masjtorvic - is pants

Forester - is alright

Kapo - defiantly can play, he has looked good so far + it was a free transfer

Murphy - is ****

if Cha is a right winger why is he being played as a rb surely thats mis management ? because im not making it up or being byist he cant defend!

if Cha is a right winger why is he being played as a rb surely thats mis management ? because im not making it up or being byist he cant defend!

He can defend, he is not as good as other RBs but he is a decent enough defender! Hhe is also versatile in that he can play RB, RM or as a winger, so no it's not mismanagement.