LOKITO - 4-3-3 Breaking Bad ( POSSESSION & BEAUTIFUL FOOTBALL) 14.1.4

• Thread starter Thread starter Lok1to
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 384
  • Views Views 182K
I will take some new pictures when season is done, but there will be no 4th place on that pic. My team started to show its real quality in january. If I remember correctly 4w 1d 5l of the 10 league games I have played after those pictures, but still at 6th with 9 games to go, that is good enough for me.
Hopefully I get a lot better wage and transferbudget for next season.

I d like to try this tactic for PSG but Zlatan like F9....impossible.

Do u think your tactic could work if i change the F9 position to Complete Forward in a S role?

I will take some new pictures when season is done, but there will be no 4th place on that pic. My team started to show its real quality in january. If I remember correctly 4w 1d 5l of the 10 league games I have played after those pictures, but still at 6th with 9 games to go, that is good enough for me.
Hopefully I get a lot better wage and transferbudget for next season.

Great m8, u can dream with the Euro League ! Good luck, try to motivate your players in that final phase, praise the players that have 8+ in game !!! ;)

xavirubio

I don?t think its impossible, Ibra has good attributes for the F9 position, lacks the Teamwork and Workrate but i think he can do it !!! Why dont you try ?

Last edited:
FC PORTO SUCCESS

Winning everything there is to win as FC Porto (1st. season):
I literally won everything that was possible to win as FC Porto, in my first season; making only a 4 signings to the club. The only club that poses a challenge in the Portugese league is Benfica, so I'm not gonna say winning the league was a big challenge. But winning the Champions League, beating Chelsea, Barcelona (convincingly) and Real Madrid on my way to glory was quite a pleasant surprise.

How the tactic worked for my team:
1. Your team will always score at least one goal.
2. Beautiful football. Full backs are veeeery important as the OP states, arguably the most important position. They have to be attacking in order for this tactic to work. Lucky for me, I had Danilo and Alex Sandro in the team. Those two guys made more assists than what anyone else did.
3. My top goal scorer was Insigne, followed by Martinez and Lacazetti.
4. The only teams that would end up with a higher percentage of possession than me, was Real Madrid, Manchester City and Barcelona.

Players I added to the team:
- Insigne (Napoli)
- Lacazette (Monaco)
- K. Honda (Zenit), loan
- Anderson (Man United), loan

Alterations made to the tactic:

None. I did everything as recommended for my main tactic, even the corner adjustments. However, for my defensive tactic I did make a copy of this tactic, and edit it for cynical defending. Instead of control or counter as the OP recommended, I added such instructions as: 1) ultra defensive, 2) deep defensive line, 3) play safe, 4) waste time. Without this I don't believe I could've won the Champions League in my first season.

Screenshots:
I hope you guys don't mind that I'm playing FM in Norwegian. I didn't think about the language when I first made the screenshots.

Winning the Portugese-league:

Benfica fought with me head to head all the way till' the end. Perhaps I could've won more convincingly, but it wasn't until late november that the tactic got fluid for me. I guess one of the reasons it took this much time was because I sold 7 players and brought in 4, pretty late during the transfer window:
View attachment 448133

Winning the Champions League:
I made it out on top, being in the same group as Manchester City, Dortmund and AC Milan. Drawing away against City and Dortmund, and winning convincingly at home. In the knockout-stages, the teams I defeated in the correct order was Celtic, Barcelona, Chelsea and Real Madrid. I was an underdog in all of the games, except from the games against Celtic.
View attachment 448125

Winning the two Portugese cups:
Won't comment so much on this, because I was a favourite anyway. But I can mention that I was usually resting my 1st team whenever I played in the less glorifying cup tournaments:

Taca de Portugal cup (equal with the FA-cup in the EPL):
View attachment 448124
The league cup:
View attachment 448123

Thank you so much for sharing this brilliant tactic with us, Lokito!

Last edited:
FC PORTO SUCCESS

Winning everything there is to win as FC Porto (1st. season):
I literally won everything that was possible to win as FC Porto, in my first season; making only a 4 signings to the club. The only club that poses a challenge in the Portugese league is Benfica, so I'm not gonna say winning the league was a big challenge. But winning the Champions League, beating Chelsea, Barcelona (convincingly) and Real Madrid on my way to glory was quite a pleasant surprise.

How the tactic worked for my team:
1. Your team will always score at least one goal.
2. Beautiful football. Full backs are veeeery important as the OP states, arguably the most important position. They have to be attacking in order for this tactic to work. Lucky for me, I had Danilo and Alex Sandro in the team. Those two guys made more assists than what anyone else did.
3. My top goal scorer was Insigne, followed by Martinez and Lacazetti.
4. The only teams that would end up with a higher percentage of possession than me, was Real Madrid, Manchester City and Barcelona.

Players I added to the team:
- Insigne (Napoli)
- Lacazette (Monaco)
- K. Honda (Zenit), loan
- Anderson (Man United), loan

Alterations made to the tactic:

None. I did everything as recommended for my main tactic, even the corner adjustments. However, for my defensive tactic I did make a copy of this tactic, and edit it for cynical defending. Instead of control or counter as the OP recommended, I added such instructions as: 1) ultra defensive, 2) deep defensive line, 3) play safe, 4) waste time. Without this I don't believe I could've won the Champions League in my first season.

Screenshots:
I hope you guys don't mind that I'm playing FM in Norwegian. I didn't think about the language when I first made the screenshots.

Winning the Portugese-league:

Benfica fought with me head to head all the way till' the end. Perhaps I could've won more convincingly, but it wasn't until late november that the tactic got fluid for me. I guess one of the reasons it took this much time was because I sold 7 players and brought in 4, pretty late during the transfer window:
View attachment 433931

Winning the Champions League:
I made it out on top, being in the same group as Manchester City, Dortmund and AC Milan. Drawing away against City and Dortmund, and winning convincingly at home. In the knockout-stages, the teams I defeated in the correct order was Celtic, Barcelona, Chelsea and Real Madrid. I was an underdog in all of the games, except from the games against Celtic.
View attachment 433946

Winning the two Portugese cups:
Won't comment so much on this, because I was a favourite anyway. But I can mention that I was usually resting my 1st team whenever I played in the less glorifying cup tournaments:

Taca de Portugal cup (equal with the FA-cup in the EPL):
View attachment 433947
The league cup:
View attachment 433948

Thank you so much for sharing this brilliant tactic with us, Lokito!

Im glad you liked it m8 !!! Really great season u did there, and the more defensive approach is very interesting, to keep the score.
Indeed those Alex Sandro and Danilo, two of the best Wing Backs available in FM2014 !!!
Thank you for your feedback !!! ;)

View attachment 434166View attachment 434168View attachment 434169

Lost the Euro Cup spot in the last round, losing 1-0 to Swansea in the last round was a bit anoying. Hopefulle they give me some money to spend now, I rally need a better F9 and maybe 3-4 others to strengthen the first 11. So now the search starts. Also added pic of two academy players, expect a lot from them in the future.

Nice job bro, yet u finished in front of City !!! Really nice now that u have money, dont forget the CWB if u see quality ones at a good price in transfer market, dont hesitate as they are the key to this tactic !!! The F9 u must choose wisely !!!But dont change much, only in the sectors that u feel you have less quality. Good luck

Hello I m new here. I m big fan of Football Manager.
I have tried this tactic in football manager with patch 14.1.14 and with team Bayern Munchen European Champions, but the tactic does not work with Bayern and I was crushed by dortmund in super cup,league and in european super cup by Chelsea. You said its similar to Bayerns Tiki Taken but with Bayern does not work. On goal is Neuer, on cwbs are lahm and alaba, cd defend duty Boateng, cd cover duty Dante, HB Javi Martinez ,cm defend duty Schweinstiger, Cm support duty Kroos, IF Left Ribery, IF right Robben an F9 Muller. I have started the game with no transfer in first transfer period. What do I need to change to be successful whith this tactic with Bayern? Sorry for bad English

Cheers

Last edited:
Hello I m new here. I m big fan of Football Manager.
I have tried this tactic in football manager with patch 14.1.14 and with team Bayern Munchen European Champions, but the tactic does not work with Bayern and I was crushed by dortmund in super cup,league and in european super cup by Chelsea. You said its similar to Bayerns Tiki Taken but with Bayern does not work. On goal is Neuer, on cwbs are lahm and alaba, cd defend duty Boateng, cd cover duty Dante, HB Javi Martinez ,cm defend duty Schweinstiger, Cm support duty Kroos, IF Left Ribery, IF right Robben an F9 Muller. I have started the game with no transfer in first transfer period. What do I need to change to be successful whith this tactic with Bayern? Sorry for bad English

Cheers

Dont need to sorry, i totally understood your message and my english isnt also perfect. :)
About the tactic, hmmm dont know whats failing there m8, as u can see a lot of people had some sucess with the tactic, as i said when the tactic performs well and fluid, its really similar to tiki taken because in many games, not all of them, keeps possession but with more direct passes and pragmatic approach.
My idea wasnt to create 1, or 2, or 3 PLUG & PLAY tactics, my intention was simply to give a balanced system with quality football and sucess, that you users can leave it as it is or modify, with simple tweaks to your needs.
There are lots of things that are important to increase this and all tactics effectiveness, such as, MORALE, TRAINING, TEAM TALKS, TEAM REUNIONS, PRAISING + CRITICIZING PLAYERS, SQUAD ROTATION, and other minor things !
Im not saying u did all wrong, but if u dont use this more often, try to focus more in this aspects and im sure u will get results !
Let me know how ur doing, good luck !!! ;)

Hey mate! i am willing to give your Tactic a go on my dortmund save (started save on 14.1.3 patch but i updated now to new 14.1.4 so i guess my save is considered 14.1.4).

Btw i have 1 question.. i have many quality playmakers(deeplying or advanced) in Midfield, like Verratti, Gundogan, Wughes and some quality BWM as well like Bender and Wanyama. Would be proper to play them in their natural positions in your tactic..Like
change CM(S)---> DLP(S) and CM(D)---> BWM(D)?

OR if i stick with CM-S and CM-D default roles who should i play in each role?

Please help me cheers!

Last edited:
Hey mate! i am willing to give your Tactic a go on my dortmund save (started save on 14.1.3 patch but i updated now to new 14.1.4 so i guess my save is considered 14.1.4).

Btw i have 1 question.. i have many quality playmakers(deeplying or advanced) in Midfield, like Verratti, Gundogan, Wughes and some quality BWM as well like Bender and Wanyama. Would be proper to play them in their natural positions in your tactic..Like
change CM(S)---> DLP(S) and CM(D)---> BWM(D)?

OR if i stick with CM-S and CM-D default roles who should i play in each role?

Please help me cheers!

I think Verrati, Gundogan are completely suitable to the MC position, perhaps Gundogan in the left and Verrati in the rigth, im not seeing their statisticas but knowing the 2 players in real life i assume that they are balanced between attack and defense.
About Wanyama and Bender, Bender will do the HB work with quality, wanyama i think is more suitable for the MCR role, but you can try it in the HB role, he is very strong and agressive !!!
I advise you no to change the ROLES, because it was made like this to give the team some defensive balance, and changing it might ruin the system as we dont know what instructions are given by default for each roles and if we know, simply cant change it !!!
Good Luck !!!

Absolutely loving this tactic, I'm Atletico Madrid, if anyone is looking for a monster inside forward for this tactic look no further than Shaqiri. He is unreal. I've seen a few people asking if they can change the cm roles, i've found that playmakers thrive in the cm role regardless, especially if they have decent tackling. So I don't think there is any need to change any roles. This is the best tactic i've used on this years game by a mile (and i've used A LOT) I beat Barca 3-0 in the first leg of the super cup at home, then for the away game I changed the mentality to counter and got a 0-0 draw to win the cup. I really cant speak highly enough of this tactic, the football is beautiful and the attacking movement is clinical and brutal. If anyone is looking for versatile player for this tactic go for Koke, he can play cm support, cm defend, half back, inside forward on left and also inside forward on the right, he has been priceless for me. Once again, fantastic tactic, its brought the love of this game back to me so i am very grateful :)

Absolutely loving this tactic, I'm Atletico Madrid, if anyone is looking for a monster inside forward for this tactic look no further than Shaqiri. He is unreal. I've seen a few people asking if they can change the cm roles, i've found that playmakers thrive in the cm role regardless, especially if they have decent tackling. So I don't think there is any need to change any roles. This is the best tactic i've used on this years game by a mile (and i've used A LOT) I beat Barca 3-0 in the first leg of the super cup at home, then for the away game I changed the mentality to counter and got a 0-0 draw to win the cup. I really cant speak highly enough of this tactic, the football is beautiful and the attacking movement is clinical and brutal. If anyone is looking for versatile player for this tactic go for Koke, he can play cm support, cm defend, half back, inside forward on left and also inside forward on the right, he has been priceless for me. Once again, fantastic tactic, its brought the love of this game back to me so i am very grateful :)

Ty for your feedback, im really happy to see that a lot of people are having sucess and enjoying the quality football ! Keep going bro !!! ;)

In my first season with Liverpool I started to use this tactic in 26-12 and from then I only lost 2 games draw 5 games.
I won the CAP cup and I won the PL. I love this tactic so thanks for the amazing tactic.

Being playing 2 games with the tactic with my dortmund side so far and i am speechless!
Tactic isn't even fully fluid (at about 80%) yet and the results are:
First match won on home 3-1 with some remarkable goals and assists ..
Second match and while i was thinking first game might be lucky i won 4-0 and also my IFs that were rating an average 6.8 ( through most games with my old tactic ) they had 8.5 and 9 rating .Also Mitrovic that until then was struggling to score , did the thing.
Scored 2 fantastic goals!
Well done when i get time i will post a ss too with my results!
Most important thing for me is that i enjoy my games now ...
With my last tactic my football was boring and predictable...I am happy now !

Last edited:
Back