LOKITO - 4-3-3 Breaking Bad ( POSSESSION & BEAUTIFUL FOOTBALL) 14.1.4

• Thread starter Thread starter Lok1to
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 384
  • Views Views 182K
Hey Lokito, I'd like to thank you for the great tactics! I'm currently on my first season playing as Slask Wroclaw in Polish Ekstraklasa (or well, not exactly how it's called on my save, since I'm playing on a tweaked database lol) and it works wonders. The only change I've made to my team is signing Carlos Fierro (he's been my favorite striker since FM12 and I just had to have him from the first season, I know shame on me XD) and I made him play as trequartista, since he's got perfect stats for that role (he's currently rocking with 28 goals after 26 matches (that's including pre-season) , and I managed to beat Sevilla 5;0 home and 1;0 away (!) in Europa league qualifiers, losing only 1 match to FC Basel in group stage (2:1 and they scored the winning goal in 94th minute lol) and currently sitting at the top of my league table with only 1 loss after first half of the season. The thing is, my defenders and midfielders are being booked left and right. I've read that this is some kind of bug with game engine, that players are getting too many yellow/red cards when playing certain tactics and this is really troubling, because in my edited data suspensions are cummulative, i.e. after 3 cards 1 match suspension, then 1 more yellow = 3 matches, after next one 4 and so on. I've decided to use FMRTE to fix the issue, after I had no players to play with next match, but I'd rather not use editor throughout entire save, and I also don't want to start a new game with edited rules. I already set cautious tackling for individual players as well no sliding tackles for the team, but it's not working unfortunately. Any idea what I could do to fix that issue?

Below is my SS from my latest games starting using this tactic..
As you can see with my old tactic my results were stable but i was playing crappy football, with odd ties/loses every now and then..

It may be early to be super happy but as far as i 've played i win comfortable with AMAZING football.. and i am getting some big results too.. like beating 2 times bayern and destroying Barca in CL semi final home game..(while on my old tactic i would 100% struggle against those teams!).
Even my only tie there against Gladbach was because i rotated my squad for like 80% at that game, and even then, i lost around 3 clear cut chances to score 1 more goal to win the game :P

I will post later on my progress to it as it will be more fluid(now formation is about 86% fluid too lol, Rest areas are 100% fluid though).
Thanks once more LOKITO ... !

PS: Double open image for larger and clearer scale.

Last edited:
I've been using this tactic for the last, maybe, 15 games with Vejle in Danish SuperLiga (3rd season). Results are good but I'm not particularly dominant yet (tactic is fluid though). The main problems for me have been:

- rotating the squad (I tend to change players out regularly cause I can't decide on regular 11!)

- injuries. Yeah, well, not much you can do about that

- playing players in unfamiliar roles. None of my 4 wingers are natural inside forwards. I've been training them to be and so games they are outstanding. Other games they go missing. Same with the F9 and the CWBs.

I'm doing well but am going to consider blowing up the squad next season and look for players that can already play the roles required. Bit of a risk but might give me better results eventually. We'll see ;)

Thanks Lokito for a great tactic. Can't wait to see what happens when I have the right players!!

GaxxD

Im afraid that changing the agression too much might ruin the entire system, this patch 14.1.4 has lots of problems, and one of them is PRESSING ( when u see defenders running side by side with oposition without pressing) .
I dont know what you can do more, try to be more harsh with the sent off player.

Vaggi

Nice bro, your doing fine, keep going and let me now about that season, im thinking in starting a German League, but not with Dortmund or Bayern, maybe Schalke 04 !!! ;)

spitfire

Hi m8, yes playing with the "wrong" players seems to crack the system a bit but you can try something, continue to adapt players to roles and in the end of the season, look at statististics and see who really done the job, and give them a chance, in order to avoid a "bus" of new players !!! :)
Keep going !!

Hi, do you think this will work with Liverpool? I have signed Lodeiro,Herrera,Dzemalili and Lucas Romero and sold Skrtel and Allen. Thanks!

Hi, do you think this will work with Liverpool? I have signed Lodeiro,Herrera,Dzemalili and Lucas Romero and sold Skrtel and Allen. Thanks!

There is a user in previous posts, that playing with Liverpool, won the Premier League and Capital cup with this tactic in the first season, so i think you should try it !!!

Okay, so i finished the season playing as Liverpool. Managed to grab 3rd place (got 2nd) last year. however i was very close to winning it, i only needed to win my last game at home, vs west ham, but i cocked up and got a draw... I did however win the champions league, where i had tough competition all the way, so that is a huge achievemnt. The only thing i dont like is the fact that the team usually does bad in games we really should dominate, and i also feel like i concede very early in every match :/ However this could very much just be my team and not the tactic.
Conclusion: Did i like the tactic, at times they play beautiful football but also alot of crosses so in theory someone like Mitrovic would be perfect as the false nine. Did the tactic work? I won the champions league so i would say yes.
Will i use it next season? I will keep it as backup, but i want to use my own tactics as i feel more acomplished winning using my own tactics, only problem with that is whenever i try making tactics this year is what i believe should work ends up making my players look like demented chickens, hence why i downloaded this. Here is the team i primarly used :)
GK: Ter Stegen
CWB: Shaw
CB: Balanta
CB: Sakho
CWB: Carvajal
HB: Lucas
CM(D): Lucas Romero
CM(S): Will Hughes
IF: Coutinho
IF: Sterling
F9: Suarez

PS: Sorry for a big clusterfuck of words and long sentences :P

Hello Lokito.

First of all, I love this tactic!
The combination play is amazing to watch and I love how the wingbacks are such a big part of the attack.
I win almost every underdog game when playing away, although when playing smaller teams away I usually lose..
Any advice for that?

Cheers.

Hey lokito mate still have a question for your tactic.
It might be answered already but i want to be sure.
Concerning midfielders/strikers individual training.
Is it better to train them to the actual tactic positions we use them in games, like CM for all the midfielders?
or follow their coaches reports and put them where they are more suited ?
Like playmaker individual training for CML(s) and BWM individual training for CMR(d) roles ?
(Same with striker train him as CF for example even if you use him as F9 in games ?
If i remember correctly you said you let your *** manager do the individual training but what you suggest between these 2 options ?
I am asking cause i think if i train a mid as CM for example (regardless if he is more suited as a playmaker) he can drop some already high attributes/ or even don't develop them to their prime and thus confine their adjustability for playing in different roles in different tactics....
I don't know if i was clear in my question if not excuse me ..

Last edited:
Similar thing happened to me as well earlier in my Porto save (a save you can look at in the first post that the OP has quoted). We would win comfortably against Man City away 2-0 and then draw against a mid-table Portugese club at home, 5 days later with the strongest eleven-starter we had. This happened quite often to my frustration.

So two things that did the magic for me:
1. As Lok1to mentions; be assertive when they play against equal or better opponents, and be aggressive when playing against weaker.
2. This one is not confirmed, but I don't think it's a coincidence; if you attend press conferences (which I do) - don't give your team too much praise. Try to stay as much down to earth as possible. Never predict that the next game is going to be easy, and never confirm that the morale or confidence of the team is high.

UPDATE FROM MY PORTO SAVE:
In my second season as Porto FC manager, I lost 1 game, which was unfortunately a semi-final game in the UCL because we were 2 men down with 30minutes to play (lost one guy to a red card, the other one got injured).. :( So, it's safe to say that the tactic is quite solid. After 2 successfull seasons at FC Porto I received a job offer from Tottenham Hotspurs. Let's see how this will go.

Hey lokito mate still have a question for your tactic.
It might be answered already but i want to be sure.
Concerning midfielders/strikers individual training.
Is it better to train them to the actual tactic positions we use them in games, like CM for all the midfielders?
or follow their coaches reports and put them where they are more suited ?
Like playmaker individual training for CML(s) and BWM individual training for CMR(d) roles ?
(Same with striker train him as CF for example even if you use him as F9 in games ?
If i remember correctly you said you let your *** manager do the individual training but what you suggest between these 2 options ?
I am asking cause i think if i train a mid as CM for example (regardless if he is more suited as a playmaker) he can drop some already high attributes/ or even don't develop them to their prime and thus confine their adjustability playing in different roles in different tactics....
I don't know if i was clear in my question if not excuse me ..

Hmmm the CM roles are for balanced players, with balanced attributes and natural / effective to the positions.
So my opinion is to train the attributes, not the roles.
All weeks i tell *** man to change individual training but sometimes i change them manually, to "naturalize" a player to a position or when i feel some player needs improvement.

Ex. U have a youth striker with 17 finishing and 8 composure, you feel he fails too many ccc, what do you do ?
Train him in composure, balancing with other training !!!
But like i said, u can do all this or let you *** man to do the work, he needs to work too you know !? :D

Gannicus

Nice job Gannicus, keep giving news about your new adventure !!! :D

Last edited:
But like i said, u can do all this or let you *** man to do the work, he needs to work too you know !? :D
I understand your way of thinking.
Btw how often do you ask you *** manager for individual trainings ?
Lets say once per month or once per week ?
Cheers!

iMpulsivE

Bro, its simple just look the the ROLES, CWB - FAST and BALANCED, CB - STRONG and FAST, HB - Defensive type, MC - BALANCED
IF - U can use Wingers or FW (with at lest effective in position), F9 - A good striker can do the work or a more AM should work too!!! ;)

Vaggi

Every week try to do that !!!8-|

FrederikBahlke
TommyTomster

If you win against bigger teams with quality football, so i believe the problem with the low perfomances against lower teams, might be the complacency.
Try to be more agressive in team talks, in games that you feel you should win calmly and criticize bad perfomances, be a "mourinho" with them if they fail, and praise them when they deserve.

Good Luck

That makes a lot of sense, thanks for the help :-)!

E: And by the way guys, if you're looking for a spectacular LB; go for Juan Sanchez Mino from Boca Juniors. He is relatively cheap and possesses very good technical stats and is generally good all-around!

Last edited:
I think your tactic is one of masterpiece, i tried many different tactic especially for my lower league team, but this, is Goood. I love it. I tried it on Bishop Stortford, and the way they play became so amazing, 'cos I need attracting football, not just to win.
Oh...I tried it on v14.1.3. THANKS PAL. ^^) I Really Appreciate it.

View attachment 436705View attachment 436708View attachment 436721

Hi wondertic, it seems that this tac can work on 14.1.3?

Back