FC Halifax Town

Decided to take on this challenge with my hometown Halifax as they're finally back in the game! Great first season and second going well:

Team: FC Halifax Town

Season: 2011/12
League: Blue Square North
Final Position: 1st
Cups: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round, FA Trophy Second Round
Average Attendance: 1090
Biggest Win: Vauxhall 2-8 Halifax
Biggest Defeat: Halifax 2-4 Histon
Top Goalscorer: Omar Koroma - 51
Most Assists: Stephen Stirling - 25
Highest Average Rating: Omar Koroma - 7.90
Fans Player of the Year: Omar Koroma
Koroma is a beast, he's a League One standard player, not sure how I've got him! His value was about 4k when I signed him, it's now 120k. My philosophy was just to outscore the opponent with very attacking football which is why I've scored so many but also leaked a lot of goals: something I'm trying to address now I'm in the Blue Square Premier.

Team: Welling
Season: 2016/2017
League: Npower Championship
Final Position: 12th
Cups: FA Cup 4th Round ( Lost against West Ham); Carling Cup 2nd Round ( Lost against Sunderland)
Average Attendance: 7169 ( I played at the Den)
Biggest Win: 3-0 against Hudderfield
Biggest Defeat: 0-3 Sheff Utd
Top Goalscorer: Ulises Dávila ( 21 goals)
Most Assists: Ulises Dávila ( 8 assists)
Highest Average Rating: Ulises Dávila (7.29)
Fans Player of the Year: Ryan Tunnicliffe

Team: Welling
Season: 2017/2018
Cups: FA Cup 5th Round ( Lost against Chelsea on Penalties); Carling Cup 3nd Round ( Lost against Cardiff)
Average Attendance: 5454
Biggest Win: 7-0 vs Leicester
Biggest Defeat: 2-5 vs Cardiff
Top Goalscorer: Apostollos Vellios ( 29 goals)
Most Assists: Djalma ( 26 assists)
Highest Average Rating: Apostollos Vellios (7.67)
Fans Player of the Year: Apostollos Vellios

571c14b9553bb73520f0b7f640761e70.png

c5fb5315f1d1b0fe4c7bbf928667d8f6.png

0a8156486d78db56a208b34d364fd2ab.png

67e14b221af05b41361609964af57942.png

c495da1acf401f92a67cb012ef847273.png

7b73146f6d4cef7c332b5ca47a84cabe.png

I am not very happy at the moment, saves keep on deleting themselves, so lost a 3 month spell where I won most matches, including getting to the Semi-Final of the League Cup (beating Manchester United and Liverpool on penalties). Now I have to do it all over again, and with a load more injuries than last time :(

Team: Vauxhall
Season: 2024/2025
League: English Premier League
Final Position: 2nd
Cups: FA Cup semi final, League Cup 4th Round , Champions League Winner ^^)
Average Attendance: 13675
Biggest Win: 6-1 vs Everton
Biggest Defeat: 2-5 vs Liverpool
Top Goalscorer: Paulo Brito 37
Most Assists: Piet Van Der Meulen 27
Highest Average Rating: Piet Van Der Meulen 7.52
Fans Player of the Year: Jules Rodriguez

A great european campaign from the English Minnows Vauxhall, they showed maturity above their years to return triumphant with europes most prized trophy,
When interviewed after the game the manager responded to the journalists suggestion that this is as good as it will get?...
"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge will be knocking Man U right off their f*****g perch. And you can print that." :)

View attachment 213698View attachment 213699View attachment 213700View attachment 213701View attachment 213702

Last edited:
Another season, another big slate of results. This is the first time ever that I have successfully earned straight promotions from the lowest to highest league in FM 2012. But if there's one thing I've noticed on my trek it's that the gaps in talent aren't quite so wide moving up the English divisions like they were in Italy and in South America.

Team: Eastleigh
Season: 2015/2016
Final Position: 3rd (Promoted via Playoffs! Defeated Cardiff 3-3 on penalties and Wigan 2-1)
Cups: EURO Cup: 3rd in Group, lost head to head tiebreaker; FA Cup 5th Round (Lost to West Ham because I got screwed on being denied a penalty. Decided to go to the press about it. Did not get fined. HMMM); League Cup Champion (avenged last year's FA Cup Final L to Chelsea 2-0)
Average Attendance: 3495 (due to seating requirement in Championship -- highest all year was 7275)
Biggest Win: 6-1 vs Ajax in Euro Cup Group (if Friendlies count, beat Everton 6-0)
Biggest Defeat: 0-3 at Ajax in Euro Cup Group (funny how that works out)
Top Goalscorer: Nouha Dicko (30 goals; but League Top was Hasan Zengin with 18)
Most Assists: Nouha Dicko (17 assists)
Highest Average Rating: Oliver Nicholas (7.43 in 50 apperances)
Fans Player of the Year: Ryan TBD, but probably Zengin

At the beginning of the year I signed a TON of players. A ****-ton. I wanted to increase my squad's talent, finances be damned, and trim the fat later. Looks like I needed that depth though, because with the congested fixture list and crappy training facilities I have (they got downgraded at the end of the year) my team was ravaged with injuries. Dicko lost a good portion of league play, especially in the 2nd half of the season. Johnny Gorman was having a monster year before getting an injury that kept him out for 3 months, then another injury that kept him out for four months. Fortunately, he came back just in the to make one of the biggest plays in Eastleigh history.

Also, Oliver Nicholas complained at the start of the year that he wanted a transfer because he wanted to be at a club with a larger reputation. Hopefully nearly escaping the Group Stage in the EURO Cup, winning the League Cup, and getting Promoted to the Premier League is enough.

EURO Cup (which I qualified for as last year's FA Cup Runner Up) saw me in the 4th Qualifying Round where I smacked around Slovenian Side Koper. My reward was to somehow get a 3rd seed draw yet find myself drawn into a group of death. Every team was very good -- but an own goal by Oliver Nicholas near the end of in my 2nd game against RB Salzburg (who scored a 92nd minute goal a man down to break a tie while I was winning my last game in the group). Losing by two shut me out of the knockout round -- well, that and only getting 9 points and conceding 11 goals. But still.
View attachment 213914

To win the League/Carling Cup (what are we calling it here again?), I had to defeat Doncaster (3-2), Championship Winner Blackburn (2-1 in extra time), Machester City on the road (again! this time 4-1), Fulham (3-2 aggregate victory, had away goal advantage to boot), and finally Chelsea. And the Chelsea game was HARDLY a contest. Chelsea looked sucker punched the whole game, and we controlled the contest throughout.

Man City Win:
View attachment 213915

Chelsea Win:
View attachment 213917View attachment 213916

Chelsea Winning Goal (@ Wembley):
[video=youtube_share;drNaWbgAb0M]http://youtu.be/drNaWbgAb0M[/video]

And then we get to the Championship. Yes, there were lots of injuries and yes I do have about 10k/week of salary that teams don't even want on free transfer. But my offense stayed strong and midseason additions of top tier fullbacks really helped me push myself up the league table. I also found some very promising prospects for the future who I can hopefully keep on my team now that I'm in the top division. The best signings were regens Hasan Zengin and Christoph Waa (pictures included below) along with young former Man U Youth Goalkeeper Perluigi Gollini.
View attachment 213918View attachment 213921

All in all, a strong climb up the Championship in the 2nd half of the sesaon brought me into the top playoff seed, and fortunately my team was able to take care of business against Cardiff (who I lost two both times I faced that season) and Wigan (who I beat handily both times but faced in the final without my top three strikers/wingers due to injury or suspensions).

But if was Johnny Gorman, who had been out the entire calendar year due to injury who was able to come back for the final. He wasn't match fit, but he gave it his all and sealed promotion for Eastleigh in the 84th minute in dramatic fashion.
[video=youtube_share;P4K1nIqcGtE]http://youtu.be/P4K1nIqcGtE[/video]

Required Tables/Transfers/Etc. Pictures:
View attachment 213919View attachment 213920View attachment 213922View attachment 214034

edit: next year's initial wage budget is 165k/week and the transfer budget is 18.87 million. Looks like I will have room to make some moves and stay afloat next year.

Last edited:
Well I have to say I was somewhat apprehensive about the new season when the board gave me a wage budget of only £4.2k meaning i could only manage a couple of signings, as well as some cheeky loans.
However the team performed superbly amazed to get promotion with basically the same squad 2 years in a row!
Also my FA Cup 3rd Round appearance at Anfield raised some much needed cash.

Season: 2014/15
League: nPower League 2
Cups: FA Cup 3rd Round, League Cup 2nd Round, Johnstone Paint 2nd Round
Average Attendance: 2954
Biggest Win: 6 - 2 v Gillingham
Biggest Defeat: 1 - 5 v Grimsby
Top Goalscorer: Jamil Adam 46
Most Assists: Adrian Cieslewicz 13
Highest Average Rating: Jamil Adam 7.44
Fans Player of the Year:
Jamil Adam

View attachment 214099View attachment 214100View attachment 214101View attachment 214102View attachment 214103

Time for League 1 then and a max wage budget of 18k (£12k+ of which is free to spend still) exciting times ahead.

Team: Basingstoke Town FC
Season: 2017/2018
League: Championship
Cups: FA Cup: 6th Round, League Cup: Semi-Final
Average Attendance: 5875
Biggest Win: 6-0 v Nottingham Forest
Biggest Defeat: 1-5 v Stoke
Top Goalscorer: Gui - 22 goals, 44 apps
Most Assists: Chuks Aneke - 22 assists, 53 apps
Highest Average Rating: Chuks Aneke - 7.33
Fans Player of the Year: Chuks Aneke

Considering how little I had to start with, thought this was a really good season. Kept on bringing different players because had quite a few injuries throughout the season. Now finally have some money and a new stadium is being built with a capacity of 18,000 so things are looking up for the next season! Now if only I can get rid of some high-earning players that are absolute rubbish.....

View attachment 214331View attachment 214332View attachment 214438

Last edited:
Team: Truro City
Season: 2020/21
League: nPower Championship
Final Position: 17th
Cups: League Cup 4th Round, FA Cup 5th Round
Average Attendance: 3979
Biggest Win: 5-1 v Leeds
Biggest Defeat: 0-5 v Southampton
Top Goalscorer: 16 Vernon Phillips
Most Assists: 13 Jon Bradley
Highest Average Rating: 7.07 Nick Halstead
Fans Player of the Year: Nick Halstead
View attachment 214432View attachment 214433View attachment 214434

Team: Dartford
Season: 13/14
League: League 2
Final Position: 2cnd
Cups: Johnstone's Paint - semi finals. FA Cup - 2cnd Round. League Cup - 1st Round
Average Attendance: 4304
Biggest Win: 5 - 1 - Bournemouth
Biggest Defeat: 6 - 3 - Bournemouth
Top Goalscorer: Kal Naismith - 26
Most Assists: Kal Naismith - 21
Highest Average Rating: 7.51 - Kal Naismith
Fans Player of the Year: Kal Naismith

View attachment 214647

View attachment 214648View attachment 214649

Team: FC Halifax Town
Season: 2012/13
League: Blue Square Premier
Cups: FA Cup 3rd Round (lost replay away to Millwall 5-1), FA Trophy Winners
Average Attendance: 2523
Biggest Win: FA Trophy Final: Kidderminster 0-7 FC Halifax
Biggest Defeat: Millwall 5-1 FC Halifax, in league lost by 2 goals 3 times
Top Goalscorer: Ciarán Kilduff - 35
Most Assists: Stephen Stirling - 23
Highest Average Rating: Ciarán Kilduff - 7.60
Fans Player of the Year: Ciarán Kilduff

Omar Koroma would have been top scorer and player of the year if he hadn't broken his ankle midway through November! Still a club legend. Also a point - in the FA Trophy Final, the venue was Kidderminster's, my opponent's, ground and I was listed as the away team. Is this normal? Still won 7-0 though; they were distracted with the playoffs. Bring on League 2 and three successive promotions!

View attachment 214654View attachment 214655View attachment 214656View attachment 214657

Close to but no cigar season missing out in the playoffs, charlton and hull ran away with the top two places.
A summer of regrouping ready to go again next year.

Season: 2015/16
League: nPower League 1
Final Position: 3rd
Cups: FA Cup 3rd Round, League Cup 1st Round, Johnstone Paint 1st Round
Average Attendance: 4888
Biggest Win: 7 - 0 v Oxford
Biggest Defeat: 2 - 5 v Hull
Top Goalscorer: Jamil Adam 49
Most Assists: Florian Maurer 13
Highest Average Rating: Jamil Adam 7.53
Fans Player of the Year:
Jamil Adam

View attachment 214726View attachment 214727View attachment 214728

Second season : Bad start, Good finish (7th) and FA Trophy winner

Team: Truro
Season: 2012/13

League: Blue Square Bet Premier
Final Position: 7th
Cups: FA Cup 2nd Round
FA Trophy: Winner
Average Attendance: 1447
Biggest Win: 7 - 0 v Hungerford (FA Trophy)
Biggest Defeat: 3 - 6 v Cambridge
Top Goalscorer: Roel Aitjdag 23 (Competition Fergus Bell 19)
Most Assists: Colin Robinson 25
Highest Average Rating: Danny van Dongen 7.69
Fans Player of the Year: Danny van Dongen

Next season going for the double LL : Champion in BSP and Winner (again) FA Trophy. Hope there will be more fans and more income than this year. Finance is still a struggle.

View attachment 214980View attachment 214984View attachment 214979View attachment 214978View attachment 214983View attachment 214982View attachment 214981

Hi i have startedthis challenge today with corby town currently undefeated through 21 matches 20 wins 1 1-1 draw to boston. I havent gone with the usual players but have a striker/winger worth getting 13 league appearances and 21 goals at 17 years old called Hicham Abdellah now valued at 50k on a 300p/w 3 year deal worth adding to your team before he goes ;) note 21 matches includes friendlies and all cup competitions

Team: Dartford
Season: 14/15
League: League 1
Final Position: 6th - promoted via playoffs
Cups: League Cup - 3rd round. FA Cup - 3rd round. Johnstone's Paint - semi final
Average Attendance: 4767
Biggest Win: 6-0 - vs Doncaster
Biggest Defeat: 5-1 - vs Newcastle
Top Goalscorer: Kal Naismith - 16
Most Assists: Lee Cook - 16
Highest Average Rating: 7.19 - Kal Naismith
Fans Player of the Year: Kal Naismith

!View attachment 215359View attachment 215360View attachment 215361

Cant put a best 11 picture on as for some reason it hasn't done it!

I decided on Blyth, always had more fun playing with lower leaguer teams, so I hope I'll do this challenge within 12 seasons :)

View attachment 215587View attachment 215588View attachment 215589View attachment 215594

atleast the first promotion was secured :)

Team: Blyth
Season 2011/2012
League: BSN
Position: 2 - Promoted via playoffs
Cups: FA Cup 4th qualifying round, FA Tropthy 1st round
Average Attendance: 803
Biggest Win: 6-0 vs Ashton United - FA cup 2nd Qual round.
Biggest Defeat: 1-4 vs Bishop's Stortford in BSN.
Top Goalscorer: Graeme Armstrong - 32 goals
Most Assists: Shaun Vipond 16
Highest Average Rating: Graeme Armstrong - 7.43
Fans Player of the Year: Graeme Armstrong

Last edited:
A excellent season wining the League 1 comfortable made even better with a run to the FA Cup Quarter Finals, where we finally lost at the emirates, plenty of money added to the coffers along the way too. Will need to replace most of the squad for the championship though.

Season: 2016/17
League: nPower League 1
Cups: FA Cup 6th Round, League Cup 1st Round, Johnstone Paint 1st Round
Average Attendance: 4110
Biggest Win: 5 - 0 v Exeter
Biggest Defeat: 1 - 4 v Arsenal (FA Cup)
Top Goalscorer: Jamil Adam 40
Most Assists: Florian Maurer 17
Highest Average Rating: Jamil Adam 7.60
Fans Player of the Year:
Jamil Adam

View attachment 215718View attachment 215717View attachment 215716

Woking

Team: Woking
Season: 2011/12
League: Blue Square Bet South
Final Position: 1rd
Cups: FA Cup 2nd Round, FA Trophy Final
Average Attendance: 1526
Biggest Win: 5-1 vs Basingstoke,Salisbury (BSS) 5-1 vs Fleetwood (FAT)
Biggest Defeat: 2-8 vs Dover, 1-7 vs Bromley
Top Goalscorer: Pablo Counago (43)
Most Assists: Ahmet Brkovic (28)
Highest Average Rating: Pablo Counago (7.77)
Fans Player of the Year: Pablo Counago