Luis Garcia - The New Manager On The Block

View attachment 254968

Delighted to have him back. We may have lost Wilson and Samper, but Allione proved himself a key player on loan for us. In addition, Omerou continues his loan spell with us for another season.

What a signing in Thauvin! Has been unbelievable for me, hopefully will be for you too!

View attachment 254958

Defence was always a priority for us this season, and I'm glad we got Chiriches. After an unhappy spell at PSG, hopefully he can crack France at the second attempt, this time partnering Omeruo. We look better at the back already.

View attachment 254753

A cheap loan in, Coman will provide useful cover across our attacking lines. That's practically our business done for the season now, unless we can turn up some more money from somewhere.

View attachment 254733

Not an ideal start to the season, but it was a decent enough performance. Pleasing to see Dosso score, and resume the way he left last season.

View attachment 254732

Our fixtures are ok, but not great. Could have done without PSG to start with, but it will get easier. We also have the Europa League to look forward to as well.

Coman is a great signing and Allione used to be a must sign for me on every save. Personally I would stay put for now

Coman is a great signing and Allione used to be a must sign for me on every save. Personally I would stay put for now

I'll be honest, I don't actually remember applying for it... Probably last night when I was that tired I wasn't paying proper attention!

Coman will rotate out I reckon, I have Dosso as well who I'm looking to give playing time. Allione I kept purely on last season, was outstanding when he played.

I'll be honest, I don't actually remember applying for it... Probably last night when I was that tired I wasn't paying proper attention!

Coman will rotate out I reckon, I have Dosso as well who I'm looking to give playing time. Allione I kept purely on last season, was outstanding when he played.

haha yeah I have been there! I remember the first time I found Allione, I was in around 2019, he was at Arsenal and worth £40m+ and Real Madrid ended up signing him for a ridiculous fee!

haha yeah I have been there! I remember the first time I found Allione, I was in around 2019, he was at Arsenal and worth £40m+ and Real Madrid ended up signing him for a ridiculous fee!

He did very little on my main save file, so it's nice to actually have a decent version of him

View attachment 254654

A disappointing defeat when you consider how even the game was. It needed something special to break the deadlock, and a wonder goal from Dembele did the trick. Still pretty happy though, we put up a good fight, and controlled the game for large periods of time.

View attachment 254520

A disappointing result. We really need to win these games if we plan on making a run at the champions league spots. One of the most obvious problems was a lack of creativity, hence the following signing...

View attachment 254516

He should be able to give us the spark we need in the centre to fashion some decent chances.

View attachment 254513

Fellaini should give us some more bite in the centre if we need it. A useful loan signing, and with the level of experience he has, he'll be useful for our European campaign.

View attachment 254512

Another one we should be winning. With Omeruo and Allione at the Olympics and new signings Fellaini and Odegaard unavailable, our lack of options was very evident. A poor start to the season, 2 points from 3 games.

View attachment 253915

That was really quite dire to watch. We didn't look solid out there at all, and it is noticeable that the team is missing some of the key players from last year. We were saved by set pieces, with the returning Omeruo firing in from close range to steal the points. Hopefully the team will start to click, but it is early days yet, and we are starting to drop off the pace a little bit.

View attachment 253911

Well.... that could be a problem. When the draw started, I was hoping for a nice, easy group, in which we could coast through and focus on the league. The draw gods had other ideas though, and I suspect we will be up against it in this campaign. Liberec should be an easy enough beast to tame, but Southampton and Athletic are both daunting prospects.

In some ways, Soton and Athletic are similar to us, focusing on home grown talent to fill out the squad. We've just got to hope that our home grown talent is better than theirs. I already have designs on Dosso becoming a leading part of our EL campaign, but there are one or two more pushing for starts. I will introduce you to them shortly....