Luis Garcia - The New Manager On The Block

View attachment 253809

We disappoint yet again in front of the home support. Teams really have our number this year, and it is painfully evident that we miss Samper in the centre, and Wilson up front. With the international break coming up, this will be a good time to regroup and reevaluate.

BREAKING NEWS

Garcia to leave Stade Rennais

View attachment 253781

Luis Garcia surprised French football today by announcing that he would be departing from Stade Rennais after their home game against Slovan Liberec. The 38 year old manager stated that "he had thoroughly enjoyed his time in France", and that "whilst I would love to have stayed at the club, underlying currents at the club are working against me". He made it clear that he would be going on a 3 month sabbatical to recover from a stressful two months.

Rennais underwent a takeover last season which saw a new chairman installed, and it was widely accepted that the relationship between manager and owner was a rocky one. The poor start to the league campaign only seems to have hastened matters.

Garcia leaves Stade Rennais having won them the Coupe de Ligue, and launching them into Europe with a 6th place finish. He won't be forgotten at the Stade de la Route de Lorient for sometime, and one can imagine it won't take him long to find a new endeavour to work at.​

View attachment 253773

The lads send me off with a win. The support out there was phenomenal, I would love to return to the club one day. It''s either me or the owners though, the club can't have both.

Interesting

There were a few factors that led to my decision. One, the board were obstructing anything and everything I wanted. Two, the poor league form was starting to turn the players against me. Three, a lot of my players are doing poorly due to excessive interest in them from other clubs. Ntep has requested to talk to clubs at least 4 times, and M'Bengue wanted to go as well, wiping out my left side as an effective force while they were distracted.

One of my "career plans" as it were will be to return to Rennes, but that largely depends on how the story progresses from here.

Got your eye on any clubs mate?

Nothing as such, going to assess the situation in December unless something appealing comes up. Sevilla did come calling, but nothing came of it. Cardiff did as well, but given my dodgy owner at Rennes, joining Vincent Tan at Cardiff would have been a very backwards move.

View attachment 253634

I'd been considering a return home to Spain for a while. It's an honour to be linked with a big Spanish club with a huge history. With the application sent in, all I need to do is sit and wait to see what happens next.

View attachment 253619

This just complicates matters. Although I don't think I can bring myself to go to the Rosseneri after the 2005 final, I can't see it being popular.

View attachment 253617

It was a tough decision, but Fiorentina wins. Apart from a sizeable transfer budget, the facilities are superb. There is also a tradition of success at the club, which appealed. With only a couple of games before the winter break starts, I'll be burying myself in the transfer lists to find some appropriate signings.

View attachment 253614

The squad is an absolute mess. We have injuries all over the place, and the squad is aging significantly. One of my first tasks here will be to revolutionise the squad, and rejuvenate it. There are a few younger targets I'm also eyeing up to bring in.

One of my other concerns is the significant waste of wages on some players. Gomez and Rossi are on 180k combined a week, and I will be looking to shed those wages as soon as possible.

View attachment 253612

The table doesn't make for pretty reading. However, it's close, a few wins, and we will fly up the table. Hopefully.

View attachment 253604

Very disappointed. But the result emphasises something I already knew; our defensive options are shocking. There were some promising parts of the match, but not enough to make me convinced that half these players should remain at the club.