Luis Garcia - The New Manager On The Block

Congrats on the Semi's win mate. Looks like next season could be an exciting one!

Knew you'd win this! Congrats mate! Nothing beats winning a semi final against a top club at their home! Well.. winning the final probably beats that ;) good luck!

Great result & European football to look forward too! Not to mention the take over, hopefully an influx of cash to follow!

Congrats on the Semi's win mate. Looks like next season could be an exciting one!

Great win over PSG mate!!

Thanks guys! We got a little bit lucky, but over the moon to reach the final! Also looks likely that I'll finish the season at the same club I started at for once!

With the season at a close, this is a convenient stopping point......

.... for the weekend. Luis will back on form with a post season review on Monday. Don't miss me too much folks!

2015-16 Season Review

With the season done, it is time to reflect on how it went. First up is the league. Below are the tables for this season and last.

View attachment 255235View attachment 255234

The previous regime finished 8th, I got us to 6th. So in that respect, we had a good season. We improved our league position in what can be considered a difficult league to conquer. We also scored the 4th most goals this season, which is a sign that the fast flowing football I desire was taking shape.

However...

We conceded considerably more than last season. It's something that I will need to address as a priority, given European football next season will be yet another test for us to deal with. As such, there are defenders on my priority list for the coming months.

Players

There were a few stand out players this season, but three players really shone for me. Those players were Paul-Georges Ntep, James Wilson and Cheik M'Bengue.

Wilson and Ntep are obvious, their attacking prowess was evident. Wilson finished as our top scorer for the league, having joined as a rotational option with Borja Baston. Ntep initially had a slow start, but made the left wing position his own, scoring 21 and assisting 14 in the process.

View attachment 255225View attachment 255224

Ntep's success was also helped by having a solid left back behind him. M'Bengue proved a more than capable defensive option on the left side, and also bombed forward on runs to cover for Ntep. Barring a major problem, M'Bengue will stay on the left for a while, especially with Steven Moreira still coming up to speed.

View attachment 255223

Cups

Finally, it is worth briefly mentioning our cup success. Winners in one, quarter finalists in the other. With numerous teams at similar levels in Ligue 1, competition for European places is fierce. Winning the cup is a great way for us to guarantee our place, and I will continue to treat the cups with the respect that they deserve.

Our next step is to strengthen for Europe. I don't want to see any of our key players leaving. I am slightly hamstrung with my transfer budget, so I will have to do some wheeling and dealing, but I reckon I am more than capable of turning up some quality bargains. Only time will tell.

View attachment 255212

With interest in Ntep starting to concern me, Thauvin comes in to make sure I'm not left short if he does go. A cheap transfer means I can still move on more preferred targets.

Great signing, Thauvin always performs for me!

Another who I've never used. I was convinced by the way he's done for Pat at Malmo, that and the fact that at 1.8m, he's a very cheap replacement/rotation.