Luis Tiaguinho: Sao Paulo's finest

Ben

I am a biased ****.
Reaction score
Luis Tiaguinho

Hello, I am Luis Tiaguinho. I was born in Sao Paulo on November 8th 1979. I come from a working class family. My Dad owned a boxing gym but died in a car accident 9 years ago. My mother works in a church in Sao Paulo. I joined Sao Paulo FC at the age of 11, but was let go when I was 18. I then joined Brasa FC, playing 39 games in 3 season's there. They never renewed my contract so I then joined semi-pro club Astral EC. I was there for 4 years, playing 77 games. I played as an attacking midfielder throughout my career, and was nicknamed the Brazilian Lampard at Astral. At the age of 25 at Astral I decided my career wasn't going anywhere and I was still living with my mother.​

I therefore decided to go back to my first club Santos, whom I supported. They were willing to give me a coaching job, I joined as a youth coach/scout. Despite getting a job at Santos, I decided against getting my own place. Instead I came up with a plan. The plan was to save my money for 5 years and with the money I make, move to Europe. I won't go in-depth about my plan. Firsly I would complete my coaching badges. It was to then basically move to Italy, Portugal or Spain. I would then try and get into a college, where I would try and further my education, whilst applying for coaching jobs at some decent football clubs.​

4 years later, aged 29 I decided to try and utilise my plan early. The country I decided to move to was Italy, Venezia specifically. Couldn't get a work permit for Spain. I quickly got into a good college over there and I decided to do Sport, Italian, English and History. I also signed as a youth coach for Padova. I also moved to Padova which isn't too far away from Venezia.​

4 months later I received a phone call. I expected it to be mother, it wasn't. It was actually Fabio Oppicelli. No, I didn't recognise the name either! He is actually the chairman of Italian Serie C2/B club Carrarese. He explained about the club and their history. He said he was calling to offer me the job as manager. He told me he had been following me for a while. I was delighted to accept, and phoned Carlo Sabatini (Padova manager) to terminate my contract. He thankfully understood my decision to move on.​

Carrarese

So now, here I am. Manager Carrarese. I have just been meeting the staff and getting to know everyone since I got here. The chairman said he expected me to win promotion in my first season. He also told me he would utilise extra funds should I tell everyone I could win the league. I decided against this however and settled for 110K transfer budget and a 26.5K wage budget, 13.5K of which is being used. I am quite impressed by the club in all honesty. They have some great facilities including a 15,000 all seater stadium (Dei Marmi) which is in great condition and in a fantastic location, surrounded by green land and beautiful white statues it is quite a spectacle. I have also had individual meetings with each and every player, even the young lads. I have promoted a couple of youngsters I value, to the reserves where they will get more competetive football. 99% of players fit into my plans and the team is already very organised. Only Luca Bonfanti doesn't mainly because of his age but I don't feel he has sufficient ability either. I will look to bring a few players in to improve the team though and that shouldn't be a problem with the good funds but having Serie A club Genoa as a parent club also helps.​

Aim this season: Promotion​

Stadio Dei Marmi:

1428632107_2ee71869e1.jpg

My first day in my new job with my new suit!

2943-2006-07-26-01:45:02_1.jpg

Note: Please take the time to read this, I will go in some detail about Luis' life and he will have ups and downs throughout his career, thanks for following! :D
I will update this at about half 10 :) After the Liverpool game.

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

I am really enjoying living in Italy. Only bad thing about the new manager's job is that I have to stop going to college which I was really enjoying. Really fitting into the new football club though and would love to have success here.

I met some people in college and have also somewhat got a life! I have been going to nightclubs and doing a lot of interesting stuff. Some lads I met often come round to mine to watch some football or even do stuff like play Poker. I met a couple of girls too and am looking for a relationship at the moment having been starved of women for a few months-My lack of fluently speaking the Italian language being the main obstacle although I am a pretty healthy speaker of it now!

On a side note, I am sick of Pizza :p

Last edited:
Love the detail in the OP, I'll definitely be following :)

Thanks mate, I will update again before I go to bed with my final signings and Italian Serie C Cup results :)

Thanks Finn :)

Last edited:
just start again was a good read shame it vanished or got deleted unlucky on that might have been a bug mate hope you continue it.

no problem only 1st 2 games so no biggie i still follow this one tho but out clubbin tommorw night so i hope you have a great season.

Ok fella I will restart it, sorry to everyone who got into reading it, I will delete what I need to now.

---------- Post added at 06:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

I have deleted what needed to be deleted, I will start this again tomorrow and I will also update it tomorrow, again sorry to the followers :(

Unlucky Ben! I'll follow when u start again, great into in the OP

August

I have been waiting for this for days, my first 'proper' match at Carrarese! We have been playing in the Serie C Cup, which is a cup for those in the 3rd tier of Italian football. We were drawn in Group E, main talking point the fact that we were with rivals Spezia. Lucchese, Viareggio and Noceto were also in our group. This was my second priority to be honest with the league coming up and I used it to get the players to peak fitness along with the four friendlies we played.
All matches are the league unless I state otherwise.

Serie C Cup
Noceto 0-2 Carrarese
Irrazabal, Muinos

Serie C Cup
Carrarese 2-0 Lucchese
O.G, Falivena

Serie C Cup
Spezia 1-0 Carrarese

Celano 1-2 Carrarese
Rinchiuso, Chiacchio

Serie C Cup
Carrarese 2-0 Viareggio
O.G, Huc

Carrarese 1-1 Pro Vasto
Falivena

Well, we went through in the cup which really wasn't my plan but the fans should be happy about it, I doubt I will play my strongest side whoever I play in the next round. A win and a draw in the league isn't bad considering all the cup matches we have had to play, quite please with my first proper month in charge!​

Here are the players I brought in and out, I spend no money at all on players, just buying a host of free transfers.​

In:
Luca Maglia-CB-17-Italy/One for the future, brilliant in the air.
Marco Di Blasi-CB-18-Italy/Same as Luca ^ has a bit more to his game though, a year older.
Michele Rinchiuso-CB-24-Italy/Great centre half, will walk into the first team, real good player.
Maximo Irrazabal-ST-20-Argentina/Good striker, first teamer this season, still young too.
Javier Muinos-AM/ST-30-Spain/Will be played as a striker, decent at this level, creative.
Matias Chiacchio-ST-21-Argentina/Young striker, good back-up, could make some profit
Vincent Toneguzzo-ST-18-France/Another good young player as back up
Joel Adegoroye-CB-18-France/Very quick centre half, still young, again more back-up
Anthony Marin-CB-20-France/Very talented, will be a starter this season, old fashioned CB
Thibault Huc-CM-21-France/A quick, creative attacking midfielder, starter this season​

With so many players coming into the club it could take a while to gel but when it does this team is above all other teams at this level!​

Out:
Michele Giarnera-GK-19-Italy/£250
Luca Bonfanti-RM/LM-32-Italy/5k​

Luca didn't fit into my formation, he is getting on a bit also, so bringing in 5k for him was good business, the money will go into my wage budget. Michele is a poor goalkeeper, was going to release him until Carpenedolo came in with any sort of money.​

Overview: I think I have done some great business in the transfer market considering I wasn't allowed to bring in any players who weren't EU nationals. Anthony Marin, Michelse Rinchiuso and Maximo Irrazabal will all be big players for me this season. I hope I can get promoted it would be brilliant, especially in my first season!​

My first match at home with Carrarese was brilliant. I was looking forward to it as we had an early kick off againt Lucchese, the sun was beaming and the stadium was stunning. I gave the players the team talk in the rather small dressing rooms and as I walked out of the tunnel for the first time in a competetive match I looked around, I was so excited. The stadium itself is quite big, it really doesn't look that way though. It can fit 15,000 and in the future I would love to fill this truly fantastic football stadium, it is so different to the ones in Brazil, a different beauty. There was about 1,000 fans at the game, if that but it was still quite a spectacle with the marble statues gleaming in the sun. The game was brilliant too with the lads playing some really good football. We won the game 2-0.

stadio-dei-marmi.jpg

A week before the match I called a tactical master from back home to see what tactics I could use and she told me she had just created some new frameworks I could use. I accepted and I will use The Better Half's tactics, as they are probably the most reliable. I didn't want to create my own as I have no clue about lower Italian Leagues.

On a side note I won our weekly game of poker for the first time last week, a healthy £100 for me :D

Last edited:
Luis Tiaguinho-Ladies man?
I have been doing a lot with friends lately, from Poker to Nightclubs to small fishing trips. I am really enjoying my time here in Italy, it is a beautiful place and the people I have met have been great. I have been starved of women since I have been in Italy though (a couple of months now). I really need to find myself a girlfriend and have been thinking of asking someone out. A couple of the girls who come out with us are really great. I also met a girl in the supermarket. She was perfect, I got her number and for once never made a fool of myself. She said she would love to get to know me better and I would certainly love to get to know her. Only bad thing about my life at the moment is that I am missing my Mother. We phone each other regularly but I have never been away from her this long and it is getting to me a bit. I have been thinking about getting her a flight over to Italy as I really am missing her and the food she cooks :p

I look forward to next month as we really get into the league, hopefully we will get some good results :D

September

Right, the football comes first so I will show you how the mighty Carrarese got on for September! All league matches, unless stated otherwise.

Itala 0-1 Carrarese
Muinos​

Carrarese 2-0 Gubbio
Rinchiuso, Guidone

San Marino 1-1 Carrrese
Irrazabal

Carrarese 2-0 Sangiustese
Huc, Vincenzi

Very happy with my managerial month in charge of Carrarese, got some experience as manager under my belt and were playing very very well. The defence is solid (Rinchiuso has been brilliant). If we can start scoring a little more the team will be brilliant.​

I asked the girl out from the supermarket (Rosa). She said she would love to. We went out to an Italian resturant and it was brilliant. I often make a fool of myself when I am with the opposite *** however I felt very comfortable with Rosa and we had a great time. She said she wanted to come out with me again and I would be very happy if our relationship progressed, she really is a fantastic lady. I am going to phone her tomorrow.​

Two of my mates had a bad bust up the other day. There is a group of 5 of us, me (Luis), Marco, Luigi, Gianluca and Alessandro. Marco is a bit of a nerd, reads tonnes of books, loves playing on the PS3 and his job is something to do with computers, he is a great guy though. Luigi is just a joker, a real clown. Always making people laugh, walking into lamposts etc etc, again a great guy though. Gianluca and Alessandro are the argumentative ones. Gianluca is very serious, he is a bit of a know it all and can be quite annoying but is generally a nice guy. Alessandro is a bit of a know it all also but in a different way. He is funny and a nice guy but he and Gianluca's personalities often clash. This time they ended up having a full on tussle. Alessandro came out worse and had a bad swollen eye along with bruised ribs. Gianluca wasn't too bad, he just had a couple of bruises. I had to break it up as the other two never had the balls to. Took me a while though as they wouldn't stop throwing punches. Couple of days later they did kiss and make up though, after all it was over the route we took to a local bar we go to!​

My Mother is coming to Italy! I phoned her two weeks ago and she said she would love to visit me. I booked her ticket straight away and she comes over next week, for a week. My flat is going to need a major clean up!​

So a nice month, except for Alessandro and Gianluca's bust up :)

Last edited:
Nah mate they are in the Italian Serie C2/B, which is essentially the 4th tier of Italian football, a bit like our league 2 however the Italians have sub-divisions. A setup so everyone understands :D

Italian Serie A
Italian Serie B
Italian Serie C1 2 Sub divisions C1/A and C1/B
Italian Serie C2 3 Sub dicisions C2/A, C2/B and C2/C

Hope that helps :)

Nah mate they are in the Italian Serie C2/B, which is essentially the 4th tier of Italian football, a bit like our league 2 however the Italians have sub-divisions. A setup so everyone understands

Italian Serie A
Italian Serie B
Italian Serie C1 2 Sub divisions C1/A and C1/B
Italian Serie C2 3 Sub dicisions C2/A, C2/B and C2/C

Hope that helps

cheers mate i wondered were the club was might try them after i done me man united game