Luis Tiaguinho: Sao Paulo's finest

Great season mate, the cup won really topped it off. ;)

Keep up the good writing too.

My only improvement I can think of is to interpret the emotional side of things more. I.E how he feels

Great season mate, the cup won really topped it off. ;)

Keep up the good writing too.

My only improvement I can think of is to interpret the emotional side of things more. I.E how he feels

Thanks bcfc, really appreciate feedback and I will be sure to install a more emotional side in next years updates :D

Been away since Monday because of some family issues. Will get next season going some time over the weekend.

I'll look forward to it :)

Are you looking to stay at the same club next season or is Luis looking to move on?

You will have to wait and see. Bear in mind Luis has grown to love Carrarese and is quite attached to them, especially after such a successful season. It would take a good job offer to prise him away from the city of Carrara.

well done ben mate just read it well done for winning the league.

June

Well, season over. Time to rest... Or not. I though I could rest for June although there is actually a lot to do come the end of the season. From decisions on player contracts to kit sponsorship deals. And early scouting trips and looking on players!​

First on my agenda however was the clubs finances. After spending 125K on Arquin and Clemence, the club was in the red. About 30K had to be raised to get us comfortably out of debt. So I quickly took action, transfer listing Joel Adegeroye. I snapped up the young Nigerian centre back on a free last season but he had not impressed and I decided to make a profit on him. He went to Pro Vercelli for 40K. I also arranged a few friendlies away against clubs who offered us a decent sum in return, Auckland City and Cobreloa were among the teams who agreed to offer us sums of up to 50K to play them. I also arranged friendlies against big Serie A clubs in order to fill our stadium and again raise funds. Sampdoria, Lazio and even Inter Milan agreed to travel to Tuscany for a friendly.​

Then was to renew my contract with the club. Quite simple to be honest after the chairman offered me a three year contract on £1,700 a week!​

With all that sorted I sent my three scouts out around the country to look for some bargains who could perform in the third tier of Italian football, I looked forward to the prospective players.​

I then requested a list from Guiseppe (my assistant) of players whose contracts were set to expire over the next month or two. With this list I could decide what players I wanted to keep hold of. Here is the players I let go:​

Emilio Dei: Now 39, I decided my goalkeeper was not good enough at our new level.
David Vaira: The central midfielder wasn't that good even in the fourth tier.
Federico Del Viva: Poor centre half, never played a part last season.
Salvatore Del Sole: Central midfielder was below average last season, not needed.
Luca De Gubernatis: Striker thought of as a decent prospect not good enough in my opinion.
Alessandro Doga: Not planning on letting my left back go, on 4,000 a week though.​

Something I put to the back of my mind were kit sponsorship deals but my assistant told me my last one had ran out and the fans were anticipating a new kit therefore I would have to choose one. I decided I would choose the one which offered the most money, it was not as simple as that though. I had four sponsors looking to partner the club and with many different clauses and money packages involved it was quite difficult to choose. Puma agreed to stay as my manafacturer. The offers I had were from smaller companies, Pianni's Pizza's, Foto Canini, Banca Popolare Frusinate and Alitalia. Pianni's is obviously a Pizza company. Foto Canini is a sort of Kodak but a small Italian version. Banca Popolare Frusinate is an Italian bank and Aitalia is an Italian airline. Giuseppe decided that Aitalia would be the best choice however I decided to have Foto Canini on next seasons kits. Giuseppe contacted a young English boy from Liverpool to design the kits and when I was shown the kits I was surprised, they looked great. It is quite important this season as we should get healthy funds from merchandise sales and if the kits look good we will sell more!​

Our new home kit:

Our new away kit:

The lad also created a 3rd kit, good idea in my opinion:

With all of this end of season stuff, personal life has been put to one side. My ideas for a house with Rosa are looking good after my lucrative new contract. I have told her about my ideas and she said she would love to move into a house with me, I am very excited!​

Nothing at all regarding Mother, she is just enjoying her time here in Italy, she did say she is missing the Brazilian churches in Sao Paulo although she attends the big Carrara church most days.​

Luigi has asked me to give him a job at the club for next season, although I am going to take my time over the decision. He is very clumsy and can be quite aggresive, so I need to make him more professional before I give him a job. Played no poker or anything this month, hardly seen the lads with my hectic schedule.​

Leandro Lazzaro joins from AS Monaco on the 1st of July. He is 36 years old, Argentinan and is a strong powerful striker, hopefully he can spark a partnership with Yoann Arquin, that is the plan.​

I may update this again tonight, probably tomorrow though.

Last edited:
how are you doing two story with such detail very impressive

Tbh I prefer writing with detail although I think the Southampton one will be less in-depth. I have started it very detailed but I don't reckon it will be as detailed throughout.
Thanks Casey :D

July

I decided I had to strengthen the team to compete at Serie C1 level but I had to be very shrewd with a 6K budget. After letting Adegoroye go, that went up to near the 50K mark. Even with the money loans and free transfers would be essential. I also decided not to spend all the money, opting to keep one eye on club finances and eventually only spent 6K in the month of July. Here is who I brought in:

Free transfer-AS Monaco
Leandro Lazzaro/Argentina/36/Experienced striker good in the air and knows were the goal is

Free transfer-Crotone
Giuseppe Torromino/Italy/22/Decent backup striker, could make a decent profit

Free transfer-Livorno
Mirco Bigazzi/Italy/21/Another striker, again backup and could make profit

Free transfer-Pergocrema
Alessandro Volpini/Italy/22/Decent centre back from the lower leagues

Free transfer-Triestina
David Bariti/Italy/19/Good young winger, could be good in the future, if not a profit again

Free transfer-Inter Milan
Alex Daniel Pena/Romania/20/Promising keeper, could start at this level

Of course I am looking to add more strength over August. Alex looks like the only signing that could make an instant impact.
Torromino, Bigazzi and Volpini all instantly left on loan along with Javier Muinos, last years top scorer after I decided he won't be good enough at this level.

I do not regard friendlies as important, they are just for getting players fit in my opinion although this year I have received some healthy funds from playing big names. I also recieved some decent money from Maldives main football club New Radiant and it would be a nice trip for the players to go to the beautiful island. Our three friendlies this month:

Sampdoria-Home-Lost 2-1
Inter-Home-Lost-2-0
New Radiant-Away-Won-1-0

I have been seeing little of friends, family and the other half, footballing matter of course coming first in the close season. Nothing of note really except a bug spreading and Alessandro and Luigi are quite sick. Rosa has thankfully expressed no concern to my lack of time spent with her, she is great and I am very happy she understands how important my managerial career is to me. This might have something to do with my £1,700 a week contract XD I have bought myself a new car, my old BMW 3 series I got when I arrived in Italy recently had some engine problems and I splashed a bit of cash on this:

A 2008 Alfa Romeo Brera, I was thinking about getting an Audi TT although the Alfa is an Italian car and was in the clubs colours, getting seen in this would only increase my popularity with the fans!

August proved to be an important month, a lot to do before we can settle into the football season!

very good work mate il be following this story ..lots of good detail

August

Made more transfers in August.​

Free transfer-Unattached
Mirko Ranieri/Italy/18/Really good young Italian keeper, left Tottenham and he will be no.1​

Loan-Inter
Attila Filkor/Hungary/22/Young playmaker, adds some depth​

Loan-Genoa
Nicholas Constanti/Italy/21/Young creative midfielder, good last season in Serie C1/B​

Loan-Brescia
Federico Ciasca/Italy/21/Young winger, should be good at this level​

Loan-Fiorentina
Samuele Bettoni/Italy/20/Good left back, will be a solid player for us​

Loan-Udinese
Rosario Licata/Italy/21/Rosario can play right down the left hand side, decent player​

Free transfer-Unattached
Giorgio Schiavini/Italy/19/Very creative midfielder, will be a big player this season​

I reckon four of the players I have signed will be regular starters this season although I am a little concerned that the squad is a bit inexperienced.​

First competitive game of the season was away to Ancona in the Coppa Italia First Qualifying round. I knew this match was always going to be massively difficult for the players and I didn't expect them to really get a result from it...​

Ancona 3-1 Carrarese
Arquin

Not surprised about the result. We played very well first half and came in level at 1-1. They showed what the could do though in the second half and they scored twice in the last twenty minuted to advance to the next round. We now had to wait in anticipation for out first league match in Serie C1, which would be against Prato in three weeks. First we had a few friendlies including a game against Lazio at home.​

Well after the friendlies we were ready to take on Prato and show what we could do in the third tier of Italian football. Lazio beat us 4-0 by the way but that wouldn't dampen spirits at Dei Marmi for the game against Prato.​

Carrarese 1-1 Prato
O.G

Carrarese 1-0 Benevento
Arquin

First two games of the season were absolutely great. We lead againt Prato for seventy minutes until they scored in the dying seconds of the game, utter dissapointment at Dei Marmi and I knew I had to spark a bit of confidence into the players after this. Benevento were next up, a team who expected to be pushing for a play-off spot. Before the match I was asked whether I would take a draw, I answered sensibly stating that we wanted to win each and every game, but I knew inside I would take a draw. Arquin scored the only goal and we won to give the players a morale boost and the team three points going into September.​

Seen much more of family and friends this month. Work being less hectic I decided Rosa and my Mother were going to be my priorities for August.​

Maybe a little unprofessional but Rosa has actually been coming to training sessions to see a little more of me. I took her to some sort of festival in the town centre after training early on in the month, we had a great time and I realised how much she meant to me. I went to the bank through the month and checked my balance. I was shocked to see £45,622 saved. I told Rosa the amount I had in the bank and asked her to start looking for a home for us to live in. She seems very excited about the idea although houses in Tuscany can be very expensive!​

Mother has been keeping herself to herself as always this month. She rarely asks me or anyone else for help with anything. She does everything herself and her way, there is nothing she cannot do herself. She has told me she want's to look for some sort of place in the Carrarese church, working. I'm happy for her to do it, I think she just want's a bit of a place in the community.​

Still haven't seen much of my mates. Still having a lot of time took up by footballing matters and my Mother and Rosa being my other big priorities I have not seen a lot of the lads. Luigi phoned me not long ago asking if I wanted him to join the club as a coach. I had to accept but I will keep him on a tight leash. I hope he does well with us though he is a sound lad.​

Been speaking a bit to the guy who basically runs the club shop and he said the new home kit is flying out to the cities citizens who support the club, he also told me that the main name on the kits has been Arquin. I can't say I am surprised Yoann (Arquin) is going to be massive this season.

yohann_arquin.jpg

Yoann Arquin - A top striker who will be important for us this season!​

Alfa Brera eh? Great car, but its a good job your on £1,700 a week cause you'll be repairing it a lot. Good job you went for that over the TT though, it's a hair dressers car. Nah just kidding. Great read and I think I'll be following.

Alfa Brera eh? Great car, but its a good job your on £1,700 a week cause you'll be repairing it a lot. Good job you went for that over the TT though, it's a hair dressers car. Nah just kidding. Great read and I think I'll be following.

Haha yeah, most if not all Alfa's are unreliable. Thanks for following mate :)

Sorry about not updating or anything but my Internet has been off for three days. I'll try an get an update in tonight.

doing a good job mate. keep it up. i enjoy lower league management a lot more - i think they make more interesting stories. im following this one and thanks for checking mine out. hope you find the time to follow it too

September
Results for this month:
Pescara 0-0 Carrarese

Cosenza 0-3 Carrarese
Irrazabal2, Huc

Carrarese 1-1 Foggia
Arquin

Alessandria 2-1 Carrarese
Lazzaro
I'm neither dissapointed or too happy with this month. After earning a draw against Pescara, we thrashed Cosenza. Then we should of beat Foggia and lost dissapointingly against Alessandria. But the team is still gelling and if we can improve a bit we can push for the play-off's.

Rosa and I are moving into a house next month. Details:
Total floors: 2
Condition: Good
Garage: 1 car
Bathrooms: 2
Bedrooms: 4
Balcony: Yes

It is a very large house which is going to need quite a bit of renovating but Luigi, Alessandro, Gianluca and Marco have already said they are going to give me a hand. I have also called a small firm of builders, painters and decorators who will offer a lot of help. I am excited about it, I will put some pictures at the end of the post.

I have also been thinking about selling Mothers bungalow and using the money to decorate and move her in with us. She isn't going to disrupt me and Rosa. I must say Mother has been fantastic since she has moved out here, she has really tried to leave me to my football.

Luigi's first month in the job has went well. I have asked a few of the lads what he has been like in training and they said he has been very helpful. He used to play semi-pro himself and isn't a half bad footballer. When we play 5-a-side or have general kick a bout's he looks like a good player, so I hope he can teach the lads a few things.

The main news this month was the house me and Rosa are moving into, in under a month.