Champions League Second Qualifying Round - First Leg - HJK (Away)

View attachment 274554

We were the away side for the first leg of this clash against HJK, and the bookies had us as outsiders. I made two changes from last time out. Rudy Mater gets his first start at right back, and Agon Mehmeti comes in for Eriksson, who hasn’t been able to replicate his excellent form before the mid season break.

We had most of the early chances really, and finally had the chance to grab an away goal when Lepiller was fouled inside the box. He despatched the penalty with aplomb.

In the second half I replaced Matthias and Possebon with Eagles and Adu, as the whole team was beginning to tire. Johansson had been looking shaky and was replaced by Blomqvist shortly afterwards.

And in the 78th minute it was Eagles who managed to score his first of the season from just inside the box, following some great passing between himself, Mehmeti and Thern.

Disaster struck for HJK just 4 minutes later, as a long ball from Ricardinho found Mehmeti near the halfway line, and Valtteri Moren, the last man, brought him down whilst on a yellow, and was given his marching orders.

A swift counterattack in the last minute of regulation almost led to Forsberg getting a shot away, but a defender made a brilliant last ditch tackle.

A highly impressive team against the favoured Finnish giants, and it would take a monumental collapse for us not to progress through to the next round.

View attachment 274556

POM: Rudy Mater (7.4, 0G, 0A)

Last edited:
Simon Gustafson is a very good buy indeed. Bought him on my Hammarby save and in only the second season he's probably the league's best player and has got his national team debut.

Simon Gustafson is a very good buy indeed. Bought him on my Hammarby save and in only the second season he's probably the league's best player and has got his national team debut.

That's awesome to hear! I thought he looked very talented so I was keen to buy him straight away!

Swedish Premier Division - Game 15 - Falkenberg (Home)

Next up was Falkenberg, and we were looking for revenge for our shock loss to them in Round 1. Everyone was rotated out except for keeper Olsen and Ricardinho, and Gustafson made his debut, with young left back Wernersson on the bench.

We took control from the start, and a lovely through ball from Gustafson in the 5th minute found Ricardinho high in the left corner, and the Brazilian crossed brilliantly to give Eagles the simplest of tap ins at the back post.

From then we were mostly restricted to shots outside the box, until in the 41st minute, Gustafson chipped over the top for Eagles, who crossed and found Rosenberg for a tap in, though Eagles was ruled marginally offside.

Less than 4 minutes after the restart, Ricardinho threw in to Rosenberg in the left corner, who crossed low for Cibicki at the near corner of the 6 yard box, who controlled, turned and half volleyed sweetly in one motion, despite a defender right in front of him, and found the bottom right corner! An incredible goal from the young forward!

From the restart, a long ball went straight to Tinnerholm, and then out to Eagles via Gustafson. Chris dribbled past his man and sent in a cross, which came straight back to him. His second attempt however took a deflection off a defender and nestled in the netting for a 3-0 lead!

9 minutes later and a brilliant long pass from Erdal Rakip was met by Rosenberg, but his close range effort was saved - he was offside anyway. At this point Wernersson replaced Ricardinho for his debut!

Rosenberg finally got his goal in the 62nd minute, as a corner was cleared, chased down by Adu who centred again. His pass found Rosenberg who shot through a maze of bodies to find the net for our 4th!

With under 15 to go I took Markus off to give Mehmeti a run. Eagles for Possebon was a late change, and we closed out a resounding victory with a clean sheet.

Delighted with the win, as we finally managed to score some goals, although once again we perhaps could have had more. Regardless, I’ll take a 4-0 win any day! Our front three of Cibicki, Rosenberg and Eagles were tremendous today, whilst Gustafson looked promising in his debut.

POM: Chris Eagles (9.0, 1G, 1A)

A third tier side made a loan offer for our talented young keeper Sixten Mohlin, and I was happy to accept.

Draw for the next round...

View attachment 274308

We will be playing either Ludogorets of Bulgaria or Sutjeska in the next round should we progress, and I expect it to be the Bulgarians.

Champions League Second Qualifying Round - Second Leg - HJK (Home)

The home leg against HJK, and I decided to give young Sixten Mohlin his debut in goal, as I was fairly confident we could see the tie out here. Eagles, Rosenberg, Tinnerholm, Blomqvist, Adu and Ricardinho all kept their starting places from the last match. It was interesting to note that the pre match prediction had HJK forcing us to penalties!

In the 17th minute Rosenberg scored off a delightful Thern slide rule pass, but was given offside.

It took until the 38th for us to open the scoring - a Blomqvist tackle leading to some good ball movement, and Rosenberg finishing from just inside the box from a Forsberg pass.

Moussi and Lepiller replaced Adu and Eagles in the 59th minute, and Mater came on for Ricardinho in the 72nd.

There truly was nothing else of interest in the match, and a dull match finished a reasonably comfortable 1-0.

They only had one shot all game! I was pleased for Mohlin claiming a clean sheet nonetheless, and hopefully he agrees to go on loan to gain some experience.

POM: Alexander Blomqvist (7.4, 0G, 0A)

Great story so far will continue to follow
Was thinking of doing a Swedish career aswell but might go Gothenburg instead

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great story so far will continue to follow
Was thinking of doing a Swedish career aswell but might go Gothenburg instead

Thank you very much! Go for it, would be very interesting to see how you get on! :)

I've decided to go to Denmark and go Brondby

Really nice games mate ! You're in great form...
Let's hope for the best :)
Good luck !

Changed my mind have went Malmo aswell and made a bright start with 3 wins and 1 loss in the league and into the Quarters of the cup so far

Changed my mind have went Malmo aswell and made a bright start with 3 wins and 1 loss in the league and into the Quarters of the cup so far

Interesting, don't make me look too bad! :p
Made any signings?

Champions League Third Qualifying Round Draw

For the next round, we have, as expected, been drawn against Ludogorets of Bulgaria and so hopefully we can go through, though in real life they proved quite a challenge for Liverpool - not that that says much considering our form at that point of the season!

Mohlin joins Örgryte until the end of the season

Players fall out for some reason? Never seen this before, usually it's a personality clash...

Lippo again:

Swedish Premier Division - Game 16 - Norrköping (Away)

I’m a little nervous about this team selection, as Norrköping are a good side, and with Johansson upset, Atouba unfit and making his first appearance, and Adu not nearly as reliable as Moussi, the left side of my defence may be a little suspect. We will just have to find out!
This selection has been made with our Ludogorets match in 3 days time in mind. Gianluca Neri is not match fit, but makes the bench.

We started well however - a 9th minute Eagles corner was volleyed by Gustafson but saved, and Erik Johansson followed it up to score his first competitive goal for Malmö!

We were nearly undone just 3 minutes later when Olsen only parried a long range strike. Norrköping looked certain to score from the rebound but a brilliant last ditch sliding block from Atouba gave them a corner instead. What was I worried about again?

In the 25th minute Atouba won a header at the top of their box and cushioned it to Rakip, who unleashed a drive destined for the bottom left corner. Somehow the keeper kept it out, but Cibicki was there to apply the finish from the rebound.

Eriksson beat a couple of players cleverly in the 37th minute and sent a missile at the goal from range, but their keeper was up to the task and even held the ball!

Rakip was injured just before half time, and I made the choice to hand Neri his debut, changing the formation too.

Norrköping had a decent chance 8 minutes into the second half, but the ball flew well over the bar.

Just 5 minutes later and it was 2-1, as young centre back Linus Wahlqvist, who I have a great deal of interest in, playing at right back, found some space and finished high across Olsen.

I hauled the disappointing Eagles off for Moussi and changed to a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond just afterwards - Ricardinho also replaced the tiring Atouba.

Nothing more happened until injury time, when a Ricardinho free kick found Johansson, who headed narrowly high and wide.

We saw out the last couple of minutes for a 2-1 win on the road.

We perhaps should have done better but I’ll take it. Neri was quiet on his debut, but Simon Gustafson was sensational, and as I can change my squad registration for the Champions League, he has made a serious case to be starting. Decisions, decisions. It’s a 3 way tie at the top of the ladder, though we have a game in hand over Helsingborg, and Elfsborg have two.

POM: Simon Gustafson (8.4, 0G, 1A)

Bad news is that Erdal Rakip is out for a long time - 3 months! :(

(Apologies as I have lost the screenshot)

I have only signed a extra central defender so far to provide cover. Going to try and sign a extra central midfielder next

I have only signed a extra central defender so far to provide cover. Going to try and sign a extra central midfielder next

Fair enough, the squad is pretty reasonable to begin with :)

Champions League Third Qualifying Round - First Leg - Ludogorets (Home)

Ludogorets Razgrad - Bulgarian champions, and our opponents in the third round of qualifying. I named a strong lineup for the home leg of what will be a difficult tie.

Within 20 seconds, Forsberg found Lepiller just inside the area but an excellent tackle dispossessed him before he could get a shot away.

In the 4th minute, Tinnerholm threw the ball from high up the right long and back into the centre for Moussi, who played the ball to Possebon. Rodrigo controlled it and passed straight to Forsberg coming back from inside the area, and he rifled the ball from the edge of the box into the far bottom corner. A fantastic shot and goal!

25th minute and Forsberg sent the ball out to Rosenberg on the right, who held it up before putting in a cross. Forsberg rose high and headed it to Thern, who hammered a volley into the net!

In the same minute, we scored again! Rosenberg won the ball from the restart, and passed it back to Thern. Simon took it forward and to the right, and then sent it back inside to Rosenberg. Markus looked up and picked out the top left corner from well outside the box! An unbelievable goal from the veteran, and we look assured of progress already!

In the 39th minute though, Tinnerholm was struck down and had to be replaced by Rudy Mater.

Just 5 minutes later and Rosenberg went down too! Agon Mehmeti came on in his stead.

The second half was uneventful until Rodrigo Possebon took off upfield with the ball in the 74th minute, before sending a lovely ball through for Thern to race onto, but his tight angle shot was saved for a corner.

In the 76th minute the Ludogorets striker was picked out behind our defence, but his shot was saved spectacularly by Olsen, who tipped it over the bar!

Their long range attempt from the resulting corner wasn’t even close.

Gustafson replaced the superb Thern for the last 12 minutes, which were uneventful.

A fantastic win, and I am confident we can secure a good result in the second leg to see us through to the playoffs! Thern and Forsberg each had match ratings of 9.0.

POM: Emil Forsberg (9.0, 1G, 1A)

Fortunately, neither injury would rule the affected player out.

At this point I’d just like to point out Paris Saint-Germain’s questionable transfer strategy. So far, they have spent massive sums on Hamsik, Hulk and Gervinho, and possibly others, but what is even more inexplicable is their sales. Just have a look at this:

Once the French window closes I will screenshot all of their transfers, it’s just ridiculous in my opinion how cheaply they are selling their future!!

Molins resumes full training at last!