We played FC Fredericia next. 16 year old Anton Kralj scored a brilliant goal, as did Lepiller, who also struck the woodwork twice. After I replaced all the starters, Enock Adu gave the ball away under no pressure in the worst position, but young goalie Sixten Mohlin saved his blushes. That was the opposition’s only chance.

I found an impressive looking young winger, a Belarusian called Pavel Savitsky, and had a transfer bid of just 72k accepted for him. Some larger clubs are interested, and he has also entered talks with A.C. Milan, so hopefully our offer of first team football is enough to convince him to pack his bags for Sweden!

More transfer offers came in for the same group of players - Johansson, Helander, Eriksson. All were rejected.

Malmo Invitational (Part 1):

I arranged a Friendly cup with Anderlecht, Brøndby IF and Red Bull Salzburg. We were to play Anderlecht first. The first half was entirely uneventful, although just after half time Eriksson had a good effort saved. Forsberg opened the scoring in the 56th minute after a cross from substitute Eagles via a slight deflection. He almost turned provider 3 minutes later but Eriksson hit the post from a tight angle. He then had a shot well saved. After I subbed the rest of the first team, Hammar hit the post from a corner. The rest of the game proceeded without incident - a good win against an opposition who I expected to lose to. We absolutely dominated with 39 shots to their 7! Their goalkeeper played extremely well, saving 13 of our 14 on target.

More offers came in for Johansson, but Helander committed himself to a new contract with the club - excellent news, easily one of my most important players!

Malmo Invitational (Part 2):

Surprisingly, at least to me, Salzburg were pumped 5-2 in the other semi final by Brøndby, and so the Danes were our opponents the next day. And it was that man Helander who gave us the lead in the 11th minute with a back post header from a corner! Less than two minutes later, Johansson scored a near post header from the other side to double our lead! A brilliant pass from young Kralj allowed Lepiller to beat the last defender with a brilliant piece of skill, before shattering the crossbar in the 40th minute. With my substitutes on, another young midfielder Isak Redzic struck the bar with a long range shot in the 60th, leaving Chris Eagles with the simplest of tap ins…. which he somehow contrived to strike against the inside of the post, and a defender subsequently cleared it! Eagles had another good opportunity 5 minutes later, but his shot was saved behind. Hardly anything to speak of after that, and a good win. However, I am becoming concerned by the number of players “looking complacent” during the games - hopefully to do with these matches being friendlies…
Salzburg beat Anderlecht 3-1 earlier in the day.

Malmo Invitational Final Positions:

1st - Malm
ö FF
2nd - Brøndby IF
3rd - FC Red Bull Salzburg
4th - Anderlecht

I was very surprised to win the tournament, though also pleased. Our finishing is still a concern however with just one goal from 39 shots against Anderlecht, and both our goals against Brøndby were from corners.

Congrats on winning the tournament. ;)

And Good luck with the League.

Promising young left back Wernersson picks up an injury

We are drawn against HJK of Finland in the Champions League Second Qualifying Phase

Helander ruled out for 2 weeks

More bids come in, this time for Eriksson, who is also going nowhere!

I considering bidding for Humam Tariq, which would see me up against competition from Montpellier and Dynamo Kyiv, but I didn’t want this to become a story where I just sign well known wonderkids.

Friendly - Red Bull Leipzig:

The next friendly was against Red Bull Leipzig. They took the lead in the 17th minute when a cross finally found their striker. We equalised off a corner through Blomqvist in the 42nd, but not before Guy Moussi had to be taken off injured, and we were all square at half time. Eriksson had a shot blocked early in the second half. Another corner in the 54th minute led to confusion in the box and a loose ball, which Erdal Rakip eventually slammed into the net. In the 60th a brilliant ball from Eriksson found Forsberg, who struck the near post. It was another set piece that brought us more joy just two minutes later, as Eriksson rose to head Lepiller’s free kick past the keeper for a 3-1 lead, though just seconds after the restart he ballooned a shot over the bar after Forsberg found him in acres of space. Nothing further of interest happened as the subs saw out a comfortable win over the German side.

Transfer News…

Savitsky signs!!

For A.C. Milan :(

And Humam Tariq joins Dynamo Kyiv

Our final friendly before the league resumes in just under a week’s time was against the brilliantly named Spjutstorps IF. It took just two minutes and one second for Simon Thern to fire us into the lead from outside the box. Our second came in the 9th minute and was an own goal, as their keeper deflected Johansson’s near post header from Lepiller’s corner straight into his own defender’s back. 2 minutes later it was 3-0 as Lepiller tapped in Forsberg’s excellent cross. Just Less than one minute later Thern had another from a second brilliant long distance strike from outside the box, this one a half volley. 4-0 after 13 minutes - I stopped writing at this point, though Thern completed his hat trick with 60 minutes still remaining! It was 6-0 at half time, and 8-0 at full time. 68% possession and 43 shots. Hopefully we can translate our friendly form into league form.

Even more bids for Eriksson, Johansson and now Forsberg too.

Poor Atouba’s injury woes continue

The boys sound ready to kick on and win the title!

We played FC Fredericia next. 16 year old Anton Kralj scored a brilliant goal, as did Lepiller, who also struck the woodwork twice. After I replaced all the starters, Enock Adu gave the ball away under no pressure in the worst position, but young goalie Sixten Mohlin saved his blushes. That was the opposition’s only chance.

I found an impressive looking young winger, a Belarusian called Pavel Savitsky, and had a transfer bid of just 72k accepted for him. Some larger clubs are interested, and he has also entered talks with A.C. Milan, so hopefully our offer of first team football is enough to convince him to pack his bags for Sweden!

More transfer offers came in for the same group of players - Johansson, Helander, Eriksson. All were rejected.

Savitsky is very good, bought him cheap on one game and sold him for 32million!! Hope you sign him mate.

Only just read more and seen Savitsky went to AC Milan, sorry to rub it in by saying how much I sold him for!! Lol. I personally think if wonderkids that are well known are interested you should look to sign them. Use them to get you success quicker, then sell them on for loads and then rebuild with quality unknown players and regens. :)

Only just read more and seen Savitsky went to AC Milan, sorry to rub it in by saying how much I sold him for!! Lol. I personally think if wonderkids that are well known are interested you should look to sign them. Use them to get you success quicker, then sell them on for loads and then rebuild with quality unknown players and regens. :)

Haha no worries man!
That is true but I think it's more interesting if it's not that easy, so many stories that just sign the same few wonderkids and I'd rather it be a bit more realistic :)

Haha no worries man!
That is true but I think it's more interesting if it's not that easy, so many stories that just sign the same few wonderkids and I'd rather it be a bit more realistic :)

Yeah sure, I understand that, though the odd well known player could want to work with you, due to how well you are doing, which happens in real life too. But it's also nice too sign the lesser known players as well.

Yeah sure, I understand that, though the odd well known player could want to work with you, due to how well you are doing, which happens in real life too. But it's also nice too sign the lesser known players as well.

Yeah that is true, and after a couple of seasons I will probably sign the best players I can, it's just at the start I don't want to just collect all of the wonderkids and make it too easy :p

Ibrahimovic takes notice of us

Board approve search for feeder club

Swedish Premier Division - Game 13 - Häcken (Away)

We travel to Häcken, sadly just over a week before Gustafson switches allegiances to us. Leaders Elfsborg are hosted by 5th place Helsingborg, so we need a win to take advantage of a potential slip up.

Our first opportunity arrived in the 17th minute. Possebon had a shot from outside the box blocked, and then his second attempt, also from range, was saved, and Lepiller’s follow up hit the post from a tight angle.

In the 22nd minute, Ricardinho raced up the left, exchanged a one-two with Eriksson and continued, before delivering a brilliant cross which went straight through Eriksson and found Forsberg at the spot, who somehow shot straight at the keeper before chasing down his rebound and sending in a cross that was cleared easily.

Blomqvist picked up a knock 4 minutes later and I chose to bring on Hammar rather than risk him.

A brilliant counterattack in the 32nd minute led by Eriksson down the left resulted in a point blank chance for Forsberg, which was well saved by the keeper, though it was offside anyway.

Just one minute later however, Atta gave us a cheap penalty by fouling Lepiller on the left, and Matthias stepped up and made no mistake.

Nothing further of note happened until the 64th minute, when a clearance/long ball from Hammar found Eriksson, who cut inside well but lobbed his shot over the bar.

Incredibly, Forsberg missed another simple one on one just 6 minutes later when Tinnerholm’s long ball found him in acres of space.

I introduced Rosenberg in place of Eriksson and shortly after handed Mater his debut, but there were no more chances for either team, as we saw out the game with relative ease.

A dull match as we successfully restricted Gustafson to a 6.4 rating in a match where Tinnerholm was the highest rated at 7.3. We took top spot from Elfsborg on goal difference as they fell 2-1 to Helsingborg.

POM: Anton Tinnerholm (7.3, 0G, 0A)

For Lippo’s benefit:

I was given five options for a feeder club to loan players to, all from the third tier of Swedish football. I chose Umeå, the side currently leading the First Division North, hoping that they will be promoted this season and thus give future loan players access to better competition.

Swedish Premier Division - Game 14 - Helsingborg (Away)

Next up is arch-rivals Helsingborg. They beat Elfsborg last week and are in third spot on the table, so this is a vitally important match, and I am playing a full strength side despite our first Champions League match being in four days time.

7 minutes in, Possebon got on the end of a Lepiller corner and volleyed it well, but it was saved by the Helsingborg goalie.

We fell behind however, when a soft free kick found a Helsingborg player who was under no pressure whatsoever and passed it through traffic into the bottom corner. Shocking defending and I was not impressed.

We didn’t improve after the restart, and despite tactical reshuffles, just could not create any real opportunities.

Helsingborg struck the post in the third minute of injury time, and we fell to a poor defeat.

Another match where we dominated but just couldn’t find the net.

POM: Jesper Björkman (Helsingborg - 8.3, 1G, 0A)

Best Malmö Player: Matthias Lepiller (7.1, 0G, 0A)

Gustafson and Neri look like fantastic pickups Patrick. Will be good seeing how they turn out!