Thoughts On The Season So Far

The season so far has been interesting. We are second on the table with 22 points, 3 points behind the leaders, and definitely in with a shout for the title race. We have won 4 of our last 5 matches, since I changed tactics following 3 losses in a row, and recorded clean sheets in all of the victories, scoring 10 goals over those 4 games. However, I am somewhat nervous as in our last two matches we haven’t looked all that impressive, as we lost at home to the bottom side in the division!

Our Swedish Cup adventure never really looked all that impressive, although of the four teams in the semi finals, we really were the strongest on paper and I feel that our elimination threw away a chance at some early silverware.

I am very much looking forward to Simon Gustafson joining us in mid July, and I regret not signing him on deadline day. He has been sensational for Häcken, and is second on the league average rating charts with 7.53 - our best is Ricardinho in 5th! Thern and Possebon have been playing well though, so it will be interesting to see if he can force his way into the side - perhaps Thern will play on the right wing? It will certainly be a welcome headache.

So overall I feel we are well placed in the league, and have given ourselves every chance of a serious tilt at the title. The league is so tight, and anyone can lose to anyone really, so I am confident that teams around us will be dropping points, and it is up to us to take advantage of this. I would call us title favourites from here, although I am by no means certain that we will get there, and Elfsborg are serious contenders as well. We will also have Champions League Qualifiers soon, which will make our schedule more difficult than our league rivals’, especially as I intend to do as well as possible in Europe to try to make the group stages of the Champions League for the massive financial bonus that comes with it. Interesting times are certainly ahead…

First friendly vs Västra Frölunda IF

The highlight of this match was Magnus Eriksson scoring a goal less than 5 seconds after an opposition kickoff from our previous goal. Charged down the defender, took a touch and rifled low across the keeper. We were 6-1 up at half time, on our way to an 8-1 win with 7 different goal scorers

Mater signs for the club

Good old 1980-born Rudy looked solid enough in his unofficial debut in the last friendly, and I was always likely to offer him a contract

Board requests approved - transfer revenue percentage increased, and as you can see the email below informed me of an increased wage budget :)

Transfer bid accepted for talented young Italian...

Talented young Italian? Get it up Pat, the anticipation is killing me!

Jeez who is this young Italian. League title in the bag this season I feel. :)

Jeez who is this young Italian. League title in the bag this season I feel. :)

You will all find out in good time :p I don't think it's in the bag at all, Elfsborg are a great team and I'm not convinced our form will hold up

Our next friendly was against Falkenberg, the team we played in the first round of the league, and lost to. It was a completely different story here as we thrashed them. The score was only 3-1 but should have been much more - the second half was scoreless. Lepiller scored one from over 35 yards but it probably should have been saved, straight at the keeper who deflected it in.

Gianluca Neri signs, will join July 15th along with Simon Gustafson.

Told you it was anticlimactic, he's a regen! :p I found him in a third tier Italian side, and thought he looked way too good for them, my scouts agreed and when I got the increased wage budget, I shifted it to transfer funds and put in a bid. The rest is history!

I have to keep rejecting bids for my top two centre backs, Helander and Johansson, who are attracting interest from all over Europe including the Premier League. Celtic have also enquired about keeper Olsen.

I had initially been taking screenshots of the bids, but there have been so many and I'm not even close to the end of the window yet so I'm not going to keep doing this, there will just be too many of the exact same clubs bidding a tiny bit higher for the same player for weeks!

It's not THE Gianluca Neri is it?!?!?! What a signing! Well worth the wait ;)