Swedish Premier Division - Game 17 - Gefle (Home)

We hosted Gefle in the league next, a team we had a bore draw with last time.

It was Gustafson in the 20th minute who skilfully dodge a challenge and raced towards the box. He slipped a little pass in to Eagles, who rifled into the top right corner.

A Ricardinho cross in the 23rd was headed on at the near post by Eriksson to Eagles, who had all the time in the world 6 yards out, but he struck it straight into a Gefle defender after taking too long.

31st minute and Cibicki was forced off by injury. His replacement was Forsberg.

In the 39th minute, a one two between Eriksson and Gustafson was followed by a pass from Eriksson to Forsberg, who was brought down inside the area. Eriksson stepped up and ended his goal drought.

In the second half, Eriksson played a delightful slide rule pass through to Forsberg who shot from about 3 yards out. The keeper blocked it but he tapped his own rebound home - a shame for Eriksson who missed out on a deserved assist!

In the 76th minute, a cross from Gefle lead to a header striking the bar, before the followup was tapped home. Initially I was annoyed, but when I saw the name of the scorer I was glad he had done so just to bring his name to my attention - Tshutshu Thsakasua Wa Tshakasua. That is the exact spelling!! A 17 year old Swedish striker who I will be scouting! :p

There were no further incidents as we saw out a 3-1 victory which takes us up to first, at least until Elfsborg play their game in hand. I thought Eriksson was our most dangerous player, but Eagles got MOTM for his admittedly impressive goal. Forsberg was also excellent.

POM: Chris Eagles (8.3, 1G, 0A)

The bad news is that Cibicki is out with a nasty injury :(

(2-3 months off the top of my head)

Forsberg came and told me he was keen on joining West Ham. Fortunately, he was pleased when I told him that he wouldn’t get enough first team football there, and I was able to talk him around :)

Injury News...
Disaster strikes as both Molins and Mehmeti pick up injuries :(

Swedish Cup Second Round Draw - we are drawn away against Götene, the winner goes through to next season’s group stage. I then received a very interesting email, which you can see below. Weirdest thing I’ve ever heard of, but makes financial sense for both teams so I made the offer. Götene accepted as they were unlikely to win anyway, and they make 76k - not bad for a non-league team!

Talented young centre back Brorsson goes out on loan

Ha - thats hilarious you can 'buy' home ground advantage!! Thats the first time I've ever seen that.

Ha - thats hilarious you can 'buy' home ground advantage!! Thats the first time I've ever seen that.

Same here, I saw it and thought it was the weirdest thing ever! But it made sense to do it, increased revenue for both teams, and we got home advantage :p

Some nice victories there, mate. Looking good to challenge for the title. :)

The fact that you can 'buy home ground advantage' made me smile. It's so strange!

Some nice victories there, mate. Looking good to challenge for the title. :)

The fact that you can 'buy home ground advantage' made me smile. It's so strange!

Thank you, that's the plan!

And I know right, Sweden is throwing surprises at me left, right and centre! :p

Looking good mate, Hopefully a good title push!! PSG Seem to do weird things on FM15, Seen a few people mention there transfer strategies now!

Getting on really well with Malmo but now starting to lose players in transfers but the money is too good to turn down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lost Helander to Heerenveen for £1.7mill,Olsen to Liverpool for £1.4mill and Molins to Aston Villa for £1.6mill. 4pts off top and won the Swedish Cup. Just away to start the Champions League qualifiers against Legia with a very depleted squad :(

Lost Helander to Heerenveen for £1.7mill,Olsen to Liverpool for £1.4mill and Molins to Aston Villa for £1.6mill. 4pts off top and won the Swedish Cup. Just away to start the Champions League qualifiers against Legia with a very depleted squad :(

Nice work on the Cup win, shame about losing those guys but hopefully you'll be fine :) Good money brought in for them!

Champions League Third Qualifying Round - Second Leg - Ludogorets (Away)

There was some rotation in the lineup that came out for the second leg against Ludogorets.

Within the opening 6 minutes, poor Atouba picked up a knock, so on came Ricardinho.

The 31st minute came around, and a move that went through Ricardinho, Lepiller and Thern found it’s way to Rosenberg, who turned and shot quickly from just outside the box. The commentators thought it was an incredible goal, but I felt the keeper, doing his best impression of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, should have done better.

Rosenberg made it two just 7 minutes later, when a Mater cross found him at the near post to nod inside and beat the keeper. Ludogorets need 6 goals from here to progress!

5 minutes later and we went further ahead still! Lepiller cut inside and took a very long range shot low to the keepers left. He kept it out at full stretch but Forsberg was first to the loose ball and slotted home from a sharp angle.

It was 4 in the 53rd minute as some good passing from my midfield triangle led to Thern finding Forsberg inside the area, who turned and found the top left corner!

6 minutes later Rosenberg tried an ambitious long shot but it went fairly comfortably wide.

The final seconds of the match saw Ludogorets have their first real chance from a free kick which found a player at the back post, but Olsen denied him not once but twice!

A fantastic performance as no less than 4 players (Rosenberg, Forsberg, Thern and Mater) achieved a rating of 9.0 or above! Through to the playoffs high on confidence!
POM: Emil Forsberg (9.3, 2G, 0A)

We were drawn against APOEL of Cyprus for the playoff. This is a draw I am more than happy with - I just wanted to avoid Celtic, who are the only team I wouldn’t feel confident against.

Board decrease transfer revenue percentage for some reason :/

Nice work on the Cup win, shame about losing those guys but hopefully you'll be fine :) Good money brought in for them!

Have signed replacements for a total cost of £2.2mil but they can't play against Legia so think I will need a miracle to get past them.
Well done on getting past Ludogrets so comfortably hopefully you do the same to APOEL

Have signed replacements for a total cost of £2.2mil but they can't play against Legia so think I will need a miracle to get past them.
Well done on getting past Ludogrets so comfortably hopefully you do the same to APOEL

Nice, who did you sign?
I think you can still get past them :)

Thank you, I hope so too!

I signed Oscar Jansson(GK) from Orebro, Mads Fenger(CD) from Randers FC and Haris Radetinac(AMR) from Djurgarden

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I signed Oscar Jansson(GK) from Orebro, Mads Fenger(CD) from Randers FC and Haris Radetinac(AMR) from Djurgarden

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never heard of any of them actually!

Swedish Premier Division - Game 18 - Djurgården (Away)

So heading into this match I noticed that Elfsborg had lost not once but twice! This leaves us on tied points with them but with a much superior goal difference, and a game in hand! I rested most of my first choices as we play IFK Göteborg in just 3 days time.

In the 5th minute, Djurgården worked the ball down the right flank, and inside the box. Their winger squared the ball to striker Jawo just a couple of yards out, but he struck it straight into the arms of the grateful Olsen - a huge let off for us!

In the 13th minute, we worked the ball into the box from a throw in, and Eriksson had space to let a shot fly at the top left corner, which was spectacularly saved. He was offside anyway.

In the 24th minute, Eriksson put in a cross from the left, which Eagles was beaten to by a defender, but the ball was loose near the edge of the box, and Gustafson was first to it. He struck the ball hard into the bottom right corner for his first Malmö goal!

In the 28th minute, youngster Neri and Atouba combined down the left, with the veteran putting a cross in for Eagles to rise at the 6 yard box and nod past the keeper!

The game continued on it’s uneventful way until the 76th minute, when a brilliant killer ball from Eriksson found Eagles for a one on one, but he shot straight at the goalie.

In the 80th, Neri squared the ball for Thern, but his low shot was well saved too.

Thern turned provider for Neri in the 5th minute of stoppage time but his shot was held at head height.

I was very pleased with the performances of Atouba and Gustafson in particular, as we secured a good away win and took the outright lead in the title race for the first time this season!

POM: Simon Gustafson (8.1, 1G, 0A)