You're a man in demand atm mate!

Apparently so! I have no intention of moving, but I attend an interview very soon to make the board offer me a higher wage budget in order to stay :p Very manipulative, I know (6)

Apparently so! I have no intention of moving, but I attend an interview very soon to make the board offer me a higher wage budget in order to stay :p Very manipulative, I know (6)

You cheeky ******! :p

Swedish Cup Group Stage - Game 3 - Halmstad (Home)

Our final group match against Halmstad. They are on 4 points, and we are on 6, so we need only a draw to progress. I will be very disappointed if we don’t win though!

Linnes put in a cross in the 19th minute, and it took the slightest deflection off a defender in the box, and Forsberg was on hand to tap it home.

He almost had another just 6 minutes later, but his tight angle shot was saved behind. Helander headed the resulting corner high.

Ricardinho picked up a knock and was replaced in the 31st minute by Bengtsson.

KBH played Forsberg through in the 36th, but he fired over from just outside the box.

He was teed up again by the Korean just a minute later, but this time his effort was straight into the keeper’s stomach.

Another minute later, his long range effort missed the right post.

Thern’s effort from the edge of the box from a 45th minute corner seemed destined for the roof of the net, but was well saved.

Bengtsson was put through in the 1st minute of stoppage time by Molins but was denied at close range.

The corner resulted in another corner, which was cleared. A long ball found Milosevic who was still in the box, but his shot struck the side netting just wide of the top right corner.

At half time, the corner count stood at 11-1.

KBH opened his Malmö account in the 55th after Molins played him through.

In the 60th, Bengtsson did brilliantly to keep the ball in play, before swivelling and sending in a cross to the back post, where Molins rose above his man to nod home.

Halmstad nearly pulled one back just a minute later, but KSG made an acrobatic save to keep the visitors out.

Biro-Biro came on for Possebon in the 65th, and pushed Ajer up to CM.

Despite his new player instruction to shoot less often, Forsberg had another go from well outside the box - straight into the arms of the keeper. He was replaced by Thauvin in the 71st, the Frenchman making his debut.

In the 72nd, KBH dribbled between 3 defenders before unleashing a vicious shot from range, which beat the keeper but struck the upright!

An 83rd minute free kick went through at least 5 players before being hammered into the net by the Halmstad player.

In the 88th, an attempted through ball appeared to be trickling harmlessly past our post and out for a goal kick. That is until, inexplicably, KSG stuck out a leg to keep it in play, falling over as he did so. This left an empty net for the grateful Halmstad striker to tap the loose ball into. Brain explosion from my new keeper.

For whatever reason, it was right back Martin Linnes whose rating dropped after that play - it wasn’t even on his side of the field!

What had been a good performance turned into a pretty poor one by the end, and I let the team know I wasn’t happy, despite the win. 43 shots to 5, but a 3-2 scoreline. Molins was the only player who stood up.

POM: Guillermo Molins (8.2, 1G, 1A)

Thauvin took offence at my team talk, and wanted a discussion about it. I promised I would improve them, because I didn’t want to risk alienating him this early on.

Injury News...

Rosenberg injured for 4 weeks
Thern out for 3 weeks again!

Friendly

With half my squad on international duty, lots of U/19’s and U/21’s took part in a friendly fixture, which I forgot to screenshot. Molins hit the post before Eriksson and Forsberg both scored in the 5th minute, and Molins went off injured after 10. Forsberg hit the bar again. We had a goal ruled out for offside, before young centre back Dennis Hadzikadunic scored following a corner in the second half. Comfortable 3-0 win in the end.

Injury News...

My best player in recent matches, Guillermo Molins, out injured again!

Johansson joins the rapidly growing injury list

OGC Nice and ACF Fiorentina are the next clubs to offer me interviews. I like Fiorentina, but it wouldn’t be a Swedish Adventure if I didn’t stay in Sweden! I decided to attend the interview anyway - hopefully my board will request that I stay, and I can use that as leverage to make a board request.

You cheeky man! Playing the board into your hands haha I like it!

Hahaha I've done worse! In the past I used to only sign one year contracts so that I could ask for something every year when they offered me a new one!

They do, and I do. Increased wage budget, thank you very much! (6)
Plenty of loan offers coming in for Gianluca Neri on deadline day. I reject them though, because I want him to gain home grown status, and he can be a handy rotational player on the left wing and in centre midfield, as well as his preferred AMC if I change my formation. In total, 9 offers were rejected, before I eventually agreed to loan him to GIF Sundsvall in the second tier of Swedish Football. He should still get home grown status with us, and hopefully can develop well there.

IFK Göteborg come in for the young CB who I considered signing. He completes the move.
Swedish Cup Quarter Final Draw

Well okay then. Neri rejects loan offer. Looks like he’ll be staying here

Swedish Premier Division - Game 1 - Hammarby Fotboll (Away)

Due to some injuries/tiredness from international duty, there were some changes in the lineup for the first league game of the season. Ajer plays the advanced playmaker role, Biro-Biro steps in at Anchorman, and Petkovic and Blomqvist both get starts.

There were no clear cut chances in the first half, but a quick look at the stats confirmed we had no less than 22 shots! I therefore told the team to keep it up, because a goal had to be coming.

The second half began similarly, and Eriksson fired over in our best chance in the 54th minute.

In the 59th, Biro-Biro made way for Gustafson, who switched with Ajer, and Thauvin replaced Forsberg.

KBH came on for Petkovic in the 72nd, with Thauvin moving to right wing.

Unfortunately, it just wasn’t our day, and the match ended scoreless, despite us having 35 shots. We will need to be more clinical in future.

POM: Ricardinho (7.4, 0G, 0A)

Just need to get past Sparta Prague to qualify for the Group stages. I managed to get Wahlqvist on loan this season he signed for Liverpool on mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just need to get past Sparta Prague to qualify for the Group stages. I managed to get Wahlqvist on loan this season he signed for Liverpool on mine

Nice, Wahlqvist looks pretty decent but I have 4 good centre backs, and I'm hoping to get better prospects than him out of my youth intake in the future.

Season ticket sales have increased, but not by a great deal.
Kim Byung-Hyun already complains about not enough first team football. I said Eriksson was playing too well to be dropped, and fortunately he was satisfied. I do think I will start to give him more game time, however.
The very next day Eriksson wants to join Red Bull Salzburg. Fortunately, I convinced him that it wasn’t the right move.
New York come in with an offer for Rudy Mater. He’s probably a better player than Tinnerholm, but he’s 35 and isn’t home grown, so I accept it, tiny though the offer (40k) is.

Rayo pick up an impressive win over Real Madrid

Swedish Premier Division - Game 2 - IFK Göteborg (Home)

Big test here against IFK Göteborg very early in the season. They finished 3rd last season, did the double over us last season, and have definitely strengthened this window. They’re equal second favourites for the title with Häcken, though we are comfortable favourites.

KBH found himself in some space just 12 seconds in, but he fired wide from outside the box.

The Korean was first on the scoresheet however in the 17th minute, when he headed Ricardinho’s cross in off the near post.

A 26th minute corner cause the IFK defence all sorts of trouble, as Thauvin, Helander and Thauvin again had shots saved, blocked and saved respectively, before it was finally cleared.

In the 38th minute, KBH picked up a knock and had to be replaced by Eriksson.

Florian Thauvin opened his account in the 45th minute when Linnes’ throw was passed on to him by Molins, and he made no mistake.

He couldn’t repeat the trick in the 2nd minute of first half stoppage time however, when Molins’ cross found him open at the back post, but he inexplicably hit the woodwork rather than the open net.

Eriksson’s shot 30 seconds later was deflected for a corner by a sliding defender, but it came to nothing.

We were very fortunate not to concede in the 49th minute when a mad penalty box scramble eventually saw the ball cleared to safety.

The cleared ball was immediately played to their left winger just outside the corner of the box, who stepped inside and curled a Coutinho-esque effort just beyond the top right corner of the goal.

Petkovic replaced the tiring Molins in the 66th minute.

Neri came on for Possebon in the 73rd.

The young Italian released Eriksson in the 86th minute, but instead of looking to play one of his wingers in, the striker ballooned his shot over the bar from well outside the box.

An impressive and comfortable win against our fellow title contenders, and I’m very pleased with the performances of Ricardinho, Gustafson and Thauvin, who impressed starting in place of Forsberg. It will be a very interesting battle for the left wing berth this season, particularly with Santos arriving mid season, along with talented youngsters Neri and KBH looking for some game time there as well.

POM: Ricardinho (8.1, 0G, 1A)

Got past Sparta 8-3 on agg. The group stage draw put me with Porto,Man Utd and Ajax. Bring on the challenge!!!