Malmo FF - A Swedish Adventure

• Thread starter Thread starter PatrickLFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 500K
My coaches have apparently woken up to the fact that Quintero is awesome! When I signed him they rated him 2 and a half stars, now I’ve discovered they have quite rightly changed that to 4 and a half. He’s been our best player so far this season!

We get a fair play place again, which is great!

Turning down transfer offers left right and centre. Look at the email list on the left! One bid I have accepted, is a 4.6 million offer from Celtic for Guillermo Molins. He’s been brilliant in my two and a half years here, but is incredibly injury prone, is no longer an automatic starter, and is only taking up minutes which could go to the future of Sweden’s right wing, Drasko Petkovic. I hope he does well in Scotland.

Last edited:
I’ve accepted another transfer offer from Celtic - 3.5 million for Magnus Eriksson. He’s played well this season but long term I think it’s better for Delahaye to get more game time, and so Magnus makes way.

Meanwhile, we’ve confirmed a signing of our own - yet another natural centre and left back, but for just 4.3k. I doubt he’ll be as good as the others but we should definitely turn a profit from him in the future.

A couple of injuries on international duty already - Thern and Helander.
Coefficients have been updated, and we’ve risen to 17th. This gives the other Swedish teams a better chance at qualifying for the Europa League group stages, though doesn’t have any effect on us yet.

Lukaku rejoins Chelsea for less than they sold him for!

Eriksson departs. He’s been a fantastic and reliable player for me during my time here, and I’m pleased that we parted on good terms. But Molins rejected Celtic’s contract offer so he will remain. Disappointing to lose out on the money, but on the other hand, he is home-grown at the club, so it’s not all bad.

Arsenal getting stuck into Liverpool’s players

Friendly results so far. My assistant has done a pretty decent job, and KBH has been in inspired form. I will take charge of the next three friendlies, as they are against big teams on our tour of England.

Some cracking friendly results there! Be interesting to see how your assistant fairs against the PL teams, Reckon you should beat Villa!

Friendly Match - Aston Villa (Away)

The first friendly against Aston Villa. My two South Koreans are on international duty, and my Sweden internationals are all tired having only just returned, so a few reserves are on the bench and will see some game time later. Hopefully Sixten Mohlin can keep the English side at bay.

Jovic opened the scoring in the 13th when he converted Thauvin’s cross at point blank range.

Thauvin missed a 1v1 in the 26th.

Neri’s brilliant pass to Molins in the 33rd was returned to him and his drive from the edge of the area doubled our lead.

Jovic scored in the 59th from Santos’ pass but was offside.

Everyone bar Mohlin was subbed in the 62nd minute. We had a very suspect defence including Brorsson and Palander, the latter in particular nowhere near first team standard.

He proved it 4 minutes after coming on, missing a point blank chance from a loose ball in the box after a corner.

Kardum’s unbelievable pass split the defence and found Petkovic in the 67th but he was denied by the keeper.

Delahaye hit the post from Kardum’s pass in the 84th.

He managed to score in the 90th to seal our victory, from yet another brilliant Kardum pass.

A good win against the Premier League side, where we never looked troubled. 61% possession and 24 shots to just 2 was testament to that. Neri (8.7) and Santos (8.6) were the best of the starters, whilst Kardum was the standout off the bench.

POM: Gianluca Neri (8.7, 1G, 0A)

Friendly Match - Manchester United (Away)

Man United surprise me by sending out a lineup which is missing a number of key players. De Gea, Mata, and new signing Verratti are all still on international duty. They finished second in the Premier League last season but I’m hoping to win this game, not least because it’s Man U!

Things started badly for us - their winger Demetri Mitchell got injured and was replaced by Di Maria 3 minutes in!

An 8th minute Linnes cross found Jovic, who volleyed into the bar! So close!

Jovic turned his man on the edge of the box in the 12th but a desperate slide tackle deflected his shot behind.

Ricardinho was fouled in the box in the 17th minute, so up stepped Jovic for the penalty. Straight at the keeper. Unbelievable.

Thauvin should have scored in the 26th minute but hit the side netting.

Ricardinho’s 30th minute free kick was headed into the crossbar by Jovic - it just wasn’t his day.

Romagnoli’s 41st minute corner was met by a cracking volley from Neri, but the keeper flung himself in front of it and we were denied yet again!

From the throw in directly afterwards Neri had a go from the edge of the box, but a fingertip save diverted it around the post. De Gea who?

64% possession, 6 clear cut chances to none, and 19 shots to 4 at half time, yet it was nil all. Preposterous!

In the 50th minute Santos was hacked down in the box, and we had another penalty. I hadn’t changed the taker, so Jovic it was who stepped up. Second time lucky for the Serbian, who finally beat the inspired Johnstone.

In the 60th minute Man U kept the ball in play and Coleman turned and delivered a cross straight to Falcao in an obscene amount of space, who half-volleyed home. He was correctly ruled offside.

The full-team substitution happened in the 61st minute, with Mohlin the only starter remaining.

The new guys got going straight away, Petkovic doubling our lead in the 63rd from a ridiculous angle. I was as stunned as anyone that he scored that one!

Forsberg fired wide from just outside the box in the 86th.

It’s hard to believe I’m walking away from Old Trafford with a 2-0 win and feeling like United got off lightly. Sure, it wasn’t their strongest lineup, but we totally nullified players like Falcao, Rooney, Herrerra and Di Maria, and were it not for Jovic having a rare off-day we could have easily won this game by 5 or 6 goals! Santos was excellent again today. 27 shots to 8, 61% possession, 7 clear cut chances and 1 half chance, where they had none of either!

POM: Santos (7.9, 0G, 1A)

I knows it only a friendly but amazing result against Man U mate!!

I knows it only a friendly but amazing result against Man U mate!!

I think it must have been one of their first friendlies or something, and they were short of match fitness, because we completely dominated them! Not their first choice team but still impressed by how we performed!

Back