Malmo FF - A Swedish Adventure

• Thread starter Thread starter PatrickLFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 500K
Bids starting to get into real money! Still going to reject it!
New Parent Club:
Unbelievable!! I expected Man U to have the better financial package on offer, but Sampdoria did - 125k vs 123! I would have picked them anyway, can’t bring myself to associate myself with Man United! Wouldn’t have made much sense anyway, we just thrashed them in their own backyard. :P Sampdoria won the Serie A last season so are a very good side.

After my board confirmed my request I discovered that we were also a feeder club for Freiburg, as of about 2-3 weeks ago. I do not remember this! But I won’t say no to their 124k fee either! :P The only difference between their affiliation agreements is that Sampdoria can send us players on loan.

Cracking result against villa and Man UTD, Hopefully having Freiburg and Sampdoria as affiliates can help with future youth.

Cracking result against villa and Man UTD, Hopefully having Freiburg and Sampdoria as affiliates can help with future youth.

Sadly not, they're the senior affiliates so we don't get anything from them. Fortunately, they can only take our players if we accept a bid from someone else anyway, we don't have youth intake players joining them

PSG sign Depay! They’ve actually made some decent moves so far this offseason - Javi Martinez has joined them too.
Champions League Champions Second Qualifying Phase

We’ve drawn Sant Juliá of Andorra for the Champions League Qualifying. This is somewhat annoying because we could be seeing cricket scorelines.

Great story from you so far mate. I am just ahead of you on mine I am just at the Champions League Play Off qualifier where I have been drawn against Celtic. Have knocked out Skonto Riga and Maccabi Tel Aviv so far. Keep up the good work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great story from you so far mate. I am just ahead of you on mine I am just at the Champions League Play Off qualifier where I have been drawn against Celtic. Have knocked out Skonto Riga and Maccabi Tel Aviv so far. Keep up the good work

Thanks mate, glad to hear you're still following :) Congrats on your work at Malmo too, sounds like you're doing well! Celtic could be tough, I'm not sure how strong your team or theirs is

Friendly Match - Tottenham Hotspur (Away)

I’d love to beat Tottenham today and complete a clean sweep of our tour.

Linnes’ 21st minute cross was met by a lovely header from Santos, and we took the lead.

In stoppage time, Linnes' throw was given straight back to him, and he put a cross in which Ricardinho headed past Vorm to double our lead!

Once again I subbed everyone bar Mohlin in the 62nd minute.

We failed to clear a free kick in the 65th and the loose ball was struck home to halve the lead.

Delahaye picked up a knock in the 77th and was replaced by Thern, who moved to right wing, and Petkovic had a go at leading the line.

Bengtsson’s free kick in the 87th was brilliantly tipped around the post by Lloris.

Linnes, Ricardinho and Santos were the standouts from the starting lineup as we sealed another impressive victory. This was much closer than the previous two matches, but we came out on top again. It would have been nice to keep another clean sheet, but you can’t have everything. Pleased with the results of the tour. In 6 days time we will play the Andorran side in the Champions League, and the reserves/prospects will get to play that match.

POM: Martin Linnes (8.7, 0G, 2A)

So after Italy won the European Championship, I had a look and these national jobs are available. The Swedish manager, Erik Hamrén, is still “Secure” :(

Does anyone think I should apply for any of these?

I reckon stick with Malmo until a role with Sweden pops up.

Think it would be good to see you involved with the national set up eventually, even if you have to start at youth level. Would be an interesting read imo.

I reckon stick with Malmo until a role with Sweden pops up.

Think it would be good to see you involved with the national set up eventually, even if you have to start at youth level. Would be an interesting read imo.

I wasn't going to ditch Malmo, and my objective is to manage both club and country. As soon as a role with Sweden is available I'll go for it.

I believe I have a strong squad just defeated Celtic 9-4 on agg maybe not enough to get to the knockout stage tho. Got Real Madrid,PSG and Galatasary in the group stage

I believe I have a strong squad just defeated Celtic 9-4 on agg maybe not enough to get to the knockout stage tho. Got Real Madrid,PSG and Galatasary in the group stage

Nice, that's impressive, who have you signed?

Tough group though, you'll do well to get out of that one, but hopefully you can get a Europa run if you beat Galatasaray

Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round - First Leg - Sant Juliá (Home)

I doubt we will have much trouble against Sant Juliá today. Should be a comfortable win, even for the backups.

In the 3rd minute Kardum played in Delahaye, who laid off to Forsberg for the shot - saved for a corner.

Delahaye passed the ball to Petkovic in the box in the 6th minute, and he was taken out by a defender - apparently legally. Not to worry, Petkovic jumped up before the defender did, and slammed the ball, which was still just sitting loose, into the top left corner with the aid of the crossbar.

20 seconds later, Petkovic put in a cross from the right, and Delahaye was there to head it past the keeper - his first goal!

In the 18th minute the young Belgian had his second, thanks to Neri’s pass.

Ricardinho scored his first of the season with a volley from a low Tinnerholm cross in the 21st minute. His first competitive goal for me that wasn’t a free kick!

Delahaye completed his hat trick just 20 seconds later, heading home Forsberg’s cross.

A brilliant lobbed pass from Delahaye in the 29th found Forsberg, but he took too long and a defender got across to block.

A minute later Kardum squared for Petkovic at the top of the box, and his shot at the top right corner was turned behind.

An unselfish squared pass from Petkovic in the 41st found Delahaye, but a desperate defender blocked his shot.

In the 43rd Ricardinho picked up his second goal! This one a volley from a low corner.

Delahaye’s lovely turn and shoot in the 46th from Ricardinho’s brilliant pass was saved, but Forsberg had an open net to finish off the rebound.

Forsberg’s chipped near post cross in the 51st found Delahaye, but the youngster couldn’t convert - to be fair, the keeper was on top of him.

He scored yet another header a minute later, this time from a Romagnoli corner.

An out of this world lob from Kardum in the 54th minute found Forsberg, but the winger hit the post. The pass was actually ridiculous!

In the 62nd Forsberg should have scored, when he intercepted the keeper’s goal kick and raced for the box, but with the keeper too far to his right, and virtually the whole goal to aim at, he shot over the crossbar.

In the 64th, Kardum’s pass found Delahaye for a shot which was pushed to the side. Petkovic chipped the rebound back across goal to Forsberg, who was beaten in the air by the defender. His header went straight at Kardum near the penalty spot, who demonstrated incredible reflexes to volley home. A well deserved goal for the youngster, who has played brilliantly.

Thern and Molins came on for Neri and Forsberg in the 71st minute.

In the 73rd, Molins passed to Kardum, who played a lovely little first touch square pass to Delahaye, who absolutely smoked the ball first time into the top right corner. One of the sickest looking goals all season!

Kardum’s skilful run in the 77th was followed by a curled attempt towards the bottom right corner, but the diving keeper saved it.

Blomqvist came on for Biro-Biro in the 81st.

Petkovic was on the left wing, following Molins’ arrival, and when Delahaye was released down the right flank by Kardum, it was the young Swede who was at the far post to nod home the Belgian’s excellent cross.

In the 84th he sealed his hat trick with an excellent finish from another Kardum killer ball.

A minute later and even better Kardum pass found him behind the defence, but with just the keeper to beat, he fired wide of the right post.

That was that, and James Scott has got his first prediction correct. 12-0. Hard to see us losing by 13 in the return leg. Brilliant performances from the young players Kardum, Petkovic and Delahaye were great to see, admittedly against very weak opposition, and it bodes well for the future. Kardum continues to astonish me with his creativity - the young Swede could become a truly world class playmaker in the near future, and is seriously pushing Gustafson for his place in central midfield in the first team. To think I had intended for him to spend most of the season with the under 19’s! It was great to see Delahaye pick up his first goal of the season too - and his second, third, fourth and fifth! The match stats showed our overwhelming dominance. We had 8 clear cut chances and 6 half chances.

POM: Dorian Delahaye (10.0, 5G, 3A)

Back