Malmo FF - A Swedish Adventure

• Thread starter Thread starter PatrickLFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 500K
New high scoring league game

Still transfer bids coming in. This one from Schalke is the highest yet!
Neri is keen for some more football. He’s been impressing me lately and is certainly going to continue to get games, though not often in the first choice selection. He said he would be more patient.

Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round - Second Leg - Omonoia (Home)

Good luck Omonoia. I have a feeling we’ll be a little complacent today though, so it might not be so bad for them.

Kardum took the ball forward in the 10th minute and played Delahaye into the box. The striker flicked the ball onto Petkovic with his first touch, and the young winger opened the scoring.

We failed to create any more significant chances in the first half, and Omonoia went into half time a creditable 1-0 down.

We finally scored a second in the 58th, and it was a carbon copy of the first goal - Kardum to Delahaye, to Petkovic, who made no mistake.

Grändås replaced Thern on the hour mark.

Thauvin and Blomqvist replaced Neri and Romagnoli in the 70th, Thauvin then switching with Kardum.

In the 77th minute Delahaye hit the crossbar with a header from Ricardinho’s cross.

Petkovic slipped Delahaye through in the 89th, but he was tackled. The loose ball was struck home by Forsberg.

We weren’t as effective today, mostly down to complacency, but still achieved a comfortable win. Petkovic was the obvious standout with his brace.

POM: Drasko Petkovic (9.2, 2G, 0A)

Tough to hold onto talents when in such a league, a decent Champions League run should help that out - or deliberately finish third and win the Europa League!

Only scoring 3 against Omonia... Patrick I am saddened haha!! Next round should provide another good run out for a 2nd string team1

Tough to hold onto talents when in such a league, a decent Champions League run should help that out - or deliberately finish third and win the Europa League!

Yeah it's tempting to go for third, and I wouldn't be too upset if we did, but I'm really keen to try to make the CL Quarters this year!

Only scoring 3 against Omonia... Patrick I am saddened haha!! Next round should provide another good run out for a 2nd string team1

I know, your prediction for this one was a fair way off ;) Still comfortable though, and I can't see us losing in the next round either

Allsvenskan - Game 16 - Brommapojkarna (Away)

Brommapojkarna are in trouble in the league this season, and chances are it’s about to get a whole lot worse for them, unfortunately.

Their keeper bailed them out in the 6th minute, making a good save after Quintero had released KBH behind the defence.

A free kick was headed clear by Milosevic in the 9th minute, and Quintero raced all the way to the opposition box with it. He passed to KBH, who squared for Gustafson, who then found with a great pass Thauvin for an easy finish.

Thauvin cut inside in the 15th and played Jovic in, who laid off to KBH instead of shooting. The Korean fired across the keeper into the top right corner.

Helander made it three in the 20th minute with a glancing header from Quintero’s corner.

Jovic fired straight into the keeper’s arms in the 46th, after KBH had won the ball from the kickoff.

The next minute the Serbian had space outside the box but ballooned his effort over the bar.

A lobbed pass from Quintero in the 49th was directed at KBH, and the Korean came to meet it, controlling it inside with his head, before rifling the ball into the top right corner - world class goal!

Brommapojkarna pulled a goal back in the 54th when we failed to mark properly on a free kick, and the free man trickled the ball into the bottom corner.

Gustafson threaded a sensational pass through to KBH in the 59th. The Korean dropped his shoulder to fool the defender, cut back inside and curled the ball into the bottom right corner with contemptuous ease to seal his hat trick. How is Santos supposed to get back into this team when he comes back from the Olympics?

Two minutes later KBH attempted to find Jovic, but his pass was blocked straight back to him. He surged past two players into the box, and found the bottom right corner once again.

In the 72nd minute, Petkovic, Kardum and Romagnoli replaced Quintero, Gustafson and Milosevic, with Thauvin moving behind Jovic.

A length of the field run from Thauvin in the 76th minute allowed him to find KBH, but before the Korean could get a shot off from a minute angle, a defender slid in and forced a corner.

In the 78th Thauvin was unmarked on the penalty spot, and had no trouble directing a header from Linnes’ cross past the keeper.

Just another day at the office for the Malmö machine, as we put 7 past poor Brommapojkarna. KBH was brilliant, but I could say the same about just about anyone, although I was a little disappointed with Jovic. We also conceded with their only shot on target. As mentioned, Santos is going to have a hard time getting back into the starting lineup because KBH, Quintero and Thauvin are all proving to be undroppable, whilst I’ve promised first team football to Jovic, who did score a hat trick in his last match anyway. Poor Elfsborg had a bore draw with Halmstad, the side we just thrashed 9-0.

POM: Kim Byung-Hyun (9.9, 4G, 0A)

Come on Jovic - you can't complain about game time and then waste chance after chance when you do play!!

Come on Jovic - you can't complain about game time and then waste chance after chance when you do play!!

So true, he's played more than half our games so he really can't complain! And he will need to do better in front of goal than that last game!

I thought you'd be bang up for selling to Liverpool mate ;)

If I had to sell my best players to anyone, it would be Liverpool! But no intention of losing one of my most consistent performers. Linnes is sensational!

Back