Malmo FF - A Swedish Adventure

• Thread starter Thread starter PatrickLFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 500K
Well done for the award my friend ! You deserve it 100% !!!!!

Champions League Champions Playoff - First Leg - Botev (Plovdiv) (Away)

Botev (Plovdiv) shouldn’t cause us too many problems. They are unfortunate to come up against what is essentially a first choice team. I’m pleased to welcome Santos and Mohlin back from international duty.

Quintero was continuously fouled in the opening half hour, and had to come off in the 29th with an injury. Kardum was his replacement.

Santos almost found the top corner in the 32nd but was brilliantly denied by the keeper.

Jovic finally broke the deadlock in the 36th, first timing Gustafson’s pass beyond the keeper.

KBH nutmegged his man and raced towards the box in the 40th, but his effort went narrowly wide.

In the 51st Gustafson found the top right corner from 20 yards with a lovely strike.

Jovic’s shot a minute later ricocheted off a defender, and KBH burst through to finish easily.

Neri replaced Gustafson in the 63rd.

Petkovic came on for Santos in the 74th.

Petkovic’s cross less than a minute after taking the field touched a defender on it’s way through to KBH, but the Korean made no mistake regardless.

Good performance in the end, KBH was brilliant once more. His lightning pace is too much for most sides to handle. The only concern is Quintero - hopefully his injury is nothing serious.

POM: Kim Byung-Hyun (9.2, 2G, 0A)

Allsvenskan - Game 18 - Ljungskile (Away)

After resting everyone for the last 3 days, the same team selection is able to take the field in the league today. Ljungskile are the last team to have beaten us, earlier this season, and that was as the away side, so I can’t take them lightly in their own home ground. Quintero is able to start despite a slightly lower than desirable condition.

*I noticed a couple of days after the game that I’d forgotten to put KSG back in goal*

A 5th minute through ball became a race between Linnes and a Ljungskile player, and Linnes brought him down inside the box - penalty. 1-0. Not an ideal start.

From the kickoff we moved forwards and Quintero slipped KBH in. The Korean was tackled, but Jovic was on hand to tap the loose ball in and square up the game. Great response.

Unfortunately from there the match meandered along, until the 42nd minute. The ball was thrown to Crisetig in the middle of the park, who passed forwards to Bengtsson on the edge of the area. The left back rifled a shot inside the near post and past the keeper to put us in front.

In the 58th a Ljungskile player received a straight red for a stupid tackle, allowing us to breathe a little easier.

And it took us just two minute to make the advantage count, when Bengtsson put a high cross in from the left corner flag, and Santos’ towering header at the far post was too good for the keeper.

Quintero was replaced by Kardum in the 70th.

Petkovic and Delahaye replaced Santos and KBH in the 75th.

In the 78th Delahaye was hacked down from behind by a man on a yellow - he didn’t stay on a yellow.

Delahaye made it 4 in the 82nd with a low finish from Crisetig’s cut back.

Petkovic got on the board in the 86th with a nice curling finish.

An easy road win in the end after a less than ideal start. We did well to bounce back, and added some gloss late on with our opponents reduced to 9 men.

POM: Pierre Bengtsson (9.0, 1G, 1A)

You will have the league wrapped up soon enough no doubt! You managed to find a few more diamonds in the rough with your youth?

You will have the league wrapped up soon enough no doubt! You managed to find a few more diamonds in the rough with your youth?

Yeah I'd say so.

I'm hoping I don't have to sign too many more tbh. I'd rather get them through my youth intake, although I'm on the lookout for CB, RB or GK. But anything else just means too much competition for places so there's a few out there who I've had to leave alone.

Yeah I'd say so.

I'm hoping I don't have to sign too many more tbh. I'd rather get them through my youth intake, although I'm on the lookout for CB, RB or GK. But anything else just means too much competition for places so there's a few out there who I've had to leave alone.

What are your facilities like now? Reckon some top talent can be produced?

What are your facilities like now? Reckon some top talent can be produced?

Can't remember what they're at but they're fairly high level and I've literally just agreed upgrades for both sets so they'll improve more. They're probably around the Great-Superb mark I'd say. Sadly I don't even have the option to ask for recruitment or junior coaching improvements, haven't for the last two seasons :(

Can't remember what they're at but they're fairly high level and I've literally just agreed upgrades for both sets so they'll improve more. They're probably around the Great-Superb mark I'd say. Sadly I don't even have the option to ask for recruitment or junior coaching improvements, haven't for the last two seasons :(

Ive noticed that in few of my saves were I cant request but its not maxed out! Strange one!

Ive noticed that in few of my saves were I cant request but its not maxed out! Strange one!

Yeah I'm hoping eventually I'll be able to do it, Kardum is the only really good regen we've produced so far, though to be fair he looks like world class potential

Awesome story and it's also very pleasing to read, keep it up!

Which leagues you have loaded?

Back