Malmo FF - A Swedish Adventure

• Thread starter Thread starter PatrickLFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 500K
Allsvenskan - Game 17 - Mjällby (Home)

A strong selection again today against Mjällby. The second team will get their chance in the cup this weekend.

In the first 30 seconds Bengtsson raced down the left and passed inside to KBH, who sent the ball to the far post. Unfortunately when Thauvin received it, he was right on the line, so could only hit the outside of the net.

A 4th minute free kick rolled loose in our box, but a close range effort was diverted behind by KSG.

KBH forced the keeper into a diving save for a corner in the 5th after racing to the edge of the box.

Quintero found KBH in the box in the 24th, and the Korean pulled off a magnificent Maradona turn to leave his defender standing, but he fired across the goal and narrowly missed the far post.

Jovic redirected a low Bengtsson cross past the keeper in the 26th minute. I wasn’t even sure what he did until the replay - he was facing the sideline and the ball came straight to his left leg, the furthest from the goal. He stuck the left leg back so that from behind his back he turned it past the keeper - brilliant innovation!

In the 32nd minute the visitors stunned us and drew level. A long ball fell to their striker, who from the top right corner of the box rifled across KSG and into the far corner.

Thauvin’s brilliant run from halfway in the 35th minute took him to the edge of the box, where he slipped in Jovic, but with just the keeper to beat, the Serbian fired wide. Very disappointing effort.

Thauvin found Jovic on the 6 yard box in the 41st, but the striker took too long to turn and shoot, and a defender managed to get himself in the way.

He redeemed himself a minute later, picking up his second as he managed to stick his leg out to beat the defender to Linnes’ cross and touch it past the keeper.

But in the 45th minute we were all square again, as some shockingly lazy defence allowed a cross to find an unmarked man on the back post for the easiest of finishes.

In the 47th minute KBH slipped the ball to Jovic in the box, but the Serbian was tackled. Quintero flicked the loose ball into the air which Thauvin creamed into the crossbar. So unlucky for the Frenchman, who has easily been our most dangerous player so far.

In the 49th KBH passed to Quintero inside the area, who turned his man to the outside and lashed an effort into the net, with the keeper getting a hand to it, but unable to keep it out.

Kardum replaced Gustafson in the 51st.

KBH cut inside in the 54th and unleashed a drive at goal. The keeper parried it but Jovic pounced on the rebound and buried it to seal his hat trick.

Thauvin picked up an injury and was forced off in the 60th minute. Petkovic was his replacement.

Neri came on for Quintero in the 65th, and switched positions with Kardum.

KBH’s brilliant run in the 67th was followed by a pinpoint killer pass to Petkovic, but the youngster's effort was tame and easily held.

KBH’s cross from the baseline in the 80th found Kardum just a couple of yards out. The keeper was right on top of him, and no less than 4 defenders surrounding him, and so he squared to Jovic, who had an easy finish - his fourth of the night!

So Jovic finished with 4 goals and the player of the match award for his efforts, but in my opinion KBH was much more of a threat, as was Thauvin, though Jovic’s poor finishing from the chances he crafted, and the woodwork, denied him the points (goals/assists) he deserved. Gustafson had a poor game, but we did well on the whole to win that match, playing much better in the second half.

POM: Luka Jovic (9.8, 4G, 0A)

Swedish Cup - Second Round - Enskede (Home)

The youngsters and backups have a chance to show what they can do in the cup here. Enskede shouldn’t provide much resistance.

Right on the minute mark Kardum breezed past his man and beat the keeper, but the ball bounced away off the post.

Space opened up in front of Forsberg in the 4th minute and he tried his luck, but it was a poor effort and easily held.

Ricardinho’s free kick, also in the 4th minute, wasn’t cleared, and Blomqvist hit the post, before Delahaye turned home the rebound.

Delahaye’s effort from the edge of the area in the 9th minute was brilliantly tipped around the post by the keeper.

From the corner, Thern’s effort was blocked but Blomqvist finished it.

Forsberg blasted Petkovic’s 19th minute cross into the net from close range.

A 20th minute free kick was sent into our box, and Blomqvist gave away a penalty before the ball even got there - stupid thing to do. They scored.

From the kickoff Forsberg sent in a cross which Delahaye volleyed first time. The keeper pushed it away, and a defender blocked Petkovic’s attempt from the rebound.

Kardum scored a great effort through traffic from outside the box after a corner wasn’t cleared particularly well in the 36th minute.

Ricardinho volleyed home Romagnoli’s 45th minute corner.

In the 73rd minute Kardum, Neri and Petkovic were replaced by Gustafson, Quintero and KBH. KBH switched wings with Forsberg, and Quintero lined up in centre midfield, with Gustafson further forward - an experiment :P

The second half ended scoreless, which was slightly disappointing, though it didn’t really matter. Kardum was brilliant again, and I suspect that he’ll be lining up in my first choice team by the end of the season. Blomqvist’s rating was deceptively high. His goal was a tap in, and his “assist” was a rebound off the post. I was annoyed at the penalty he gave away. Anyway, through to the group stages of the Swedish Cup again.

POM: Joakim Kardum (9.0, 1G, 0A)

Looks like this season is going to be a breeze, No surprise challengers thus far!

Yeah it has been far too easy. Thinking that from next season I may not bother with details in the league matches most of the time, just do more like monthly reports to get through it faster. Write out the big matches though. What do you (and anyone else) think?

Yeah it has been far too easy. Thinking that from next season I may not bother with details in the league matches most of the time, just do more like monthly reports to get through it faster. Write out the big matches though. What do you (and anyone else) think?

Yeah why not mate? I am keeping my Real Madrid stuff short and sweet, getting sick of saying 'another great win' haha

If it means more updates im all for it haha ;)

I find it hard to update after every game, I find myself repeating myself all the time, but you put so much detail into each match. Whatever you do keep doing it as this is quickly becoming my favourite story on this site! Love it!

Yeah why not mate? I am keeping my Real Madrid stuff short and sweet, getting sick of saying 'another great win' haha

I'm starting to feel that way too, only so many times you can say it :P

If it means more updates im all for it haha ;)

It would likely mean less frequent updates but they'd cover more, so I'd probably get through the seasons faster.

I find it hard to update after every game, I find myself repeating myself all the time, but you put so much detail into each match. Whatever you do keep doing it as this is quickly becoming my favourite story on this site! Love it!

Thanks very much mate, very high praise! So you'd like me to keep it the way it is?

Must give praise to this story, it's absolutley fantastic, it made me want to start in an obscure league so I decided to start in the Chinese first division with Yongchang managed to get the title in my first season which I'm happy with. Again congratulations on your achievements so far, the champions league isn't to far away ;) keep up the good work

Must give praise to this story, it's absolutley fantastic, it made me want to start in an obscure league so I decided to start in the Chinese first division with Yongchang managed to get the title in my first season which I'm happy with. Again congratulations on your achievements so far, the champions league isn't to far away ;) keep up the good work

Thanks mate, I really appreciate the support. I was inspired to do this by similar stories as well, so I'm glad that this has had the same effect on you too. Good luck in China!

Back