Malmo FF - A Swedish Adventure

• Thread starter Thread starter PatrickLFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 500K
Champions League Champions Playoff - Second Leg - Botev (Plovdiv) (Home)

The rotated side again today. I’m expecting them to add to the 4-0 lead we hold from the first leg.

In the 13th minute Forsberg charged down a defender but hit the outside netting with just the keeper to beat.

But in the 24th minute he unleashed a rocket from 25 yards which arrowed into the top right corner - spectacular strike!

We had a free kick right outside the left edge of the box in the 30th minute, and the ball was cleared, and somehow their striker had half the field in front of him without a defender in sight - Romagnoli had taken the free kick as our designated corner taker, and so there was no right centre back! He raced goalwards and fired across Mohlin, who did brilliantly to tip his effort over the bar with an acrobatic save.

We had another close range free kick in the 32nd, and Ricardinho hit the bar, but Biro-Biro turned the loose ball home for his first of the season.

Delahaye increased his Champions League tally in the 43rd with a volley from Petkovic’s low cross.

Díaz replaced Neri in the 66th.

Blomqvist and Molins came on for Romagnoli and Forsberg in the 81st.

Simon Thern picked up a knock so I played short for the last few minutes.

Petkovic was already going to take out the MOM award for a brilliant display, and he capped it with an injury time goal after Molins flicked on Ricardinho’s cross.

It was very much a show from my young Swedish stars again today as Kardum (9.0) and Petkovic (9.1) were the standout performers. We cruised into the group stage of the Champions League for the third season in a row, and the aim will definitely be to progress from there. Petkovic and Delahaye each have 9 CL goals through qualifying!

POM: Drasko Petkovic (9.1, 1G, 1A)

Haha - how good is that top scorers chart!!

Hahaha I know! Imagine if I'd played Jovic and KBH! It just goes to show that we're way too good for qualifying really. Good experience for the youngsters though I guess

International Call Ups...
Fantastic to see that Petkovic and Kardum have been called up to the Sweden senior squad! They are going to be brilliant for the national side going forwards! We have 8 players in the squad. Delahaye has also received his first senior call up for Belgium. I feel like the fact that their good performances have come in the Champions League have helped them due to it’s reputation, despite the poor quality of opposition.

Nice to see Grändås doing well out on loan. Not sure I’ve shown a screenshot of him before, so here he is. Nothing spectacular but could be a handy squad player one day, and homegrown.

What are your facilities like now? Reckon some top talent can be produced?

Seems I underestimated them. We have Excellent Training and Youth Facilities, and Excellent Junior Coaching, along with Well Established Youth Recruitment :)

And this is the news we like to see :P
Have I ever mentioned that I quite like my board?
Champions League Group Stage Draw...

I was excited when I discovered that we were 3rd seeds for this years Champions League! Hopefully this means a friendlier group draw, and we can definitely expect to at least make the Europa League.

Hope you reach at least the 1st knock out round bro! The team has enormous quality !!!

Champions League Group Stage Draw

Well I would have loved to make the knockouts but we’re going to have our work cut out for us. Benfica and Man United are both hugely tough opposition, and so we could easily find ourselves falling to the Europa League, though if we perform our best we could perhaps even top the group. Utrecht are no easy beats either, and could have a huge say in who progresses and who doesn’t.

Hope you reach at least the 1st knock out round bro! The team has enormous quality !!!

Thanks man! It's probably the toughest group we've had so far, despite being 3rd rather than 4th seeds, but I'm optimistic :)

Thanks man! It's probably the toughest group we've had so far, despite being 3rd rather than 4th seeds, but I'm optimistic :)

The good thing is that Man U will probalby finish 1st with 5 or 6 wins. I do not believe the Utrecht should be a problem for Malmo. So the two games with Benfica will play the most imporant role. I believe that you have the ability to get 4 points from these two matches. Get in !!!!

The good thing is that Man U will probalby finish 1st with 5 or 6 wins. I do not believe the Utrecht should be a problem for Malmo. So the two games with Benfica will play the most imporant role. I believe that you have the ability to get 4 points from these two matches. Get in !!!!

Realistically I think we could finish anywhere first to third. We schooled Man U in a friendly at Old Trafford a couple of months ago, and whilst I expect them to be better than that, I'll be aiming for 3 points at home and hopefully at least a draw on the road. Hopefully then we can take 4 or 6 points from Benfica, 6 from Utrecht, and finish either first or second! :D

It could easily go wrong though, I was fairly confident taking on Liverpool at the start of the season but they wiped the field with us in the first leg :P

Youth Intake

View attachment 247869

Going into this youth intake I was hoping for a top prospect for centre back, right back or goalkeeper. So naturally, I got none of those. The best prospect was an AMC - like I need another of those! He doesn’t look as good as Neri or Kardum so unless something remarkable happens he’s unlikely to make it as any more than a backup here. The top four and the goalkeeper received youth contracts.

View attachment 247868

Forsberg wants a chat again, and another positive result. I love this guy’s attitude, it’s just sad that he won’t ever be on the same level as my first choice players.

View attachment 247867

View attachment 247865

Allsvenskan - Game 19 - Elfsborg (Home)

Elfsborg today, and their title challenge has collapsed in recent weeks. IFK have pulled ahead of them into second place, though we still have a comfortable lead with games in hand. Nonetheless, this is one of the big games in the domestic season for both teams. Crisetig is suspended so Biro-Biro starts.

In the 22nd minute Jovic wriggled his way into the box but his low effort was held by the diving keeper.

A lovely slide rule pass from Gustafson was finished by Quintero from a tight angle in the 23rd, but he was correctly given offside.

I wasn’t particularly happy as we went into half time all square, with Biro-Biro, Santos and Quintero all struggling with their condition due to the hard tackling of Elfsborg.

Kardum replaced Quintero in the 55th.

In the 60th minute we finally got on the board, through Milosevic’s back post header from Bengtsson’s corner.

KSG made a great save in the 63rd at full stretch, after the Elfsborg striker released a quick shot from just outside the area.

Petkovic replaced Jovic in the 64th and moved to right wing, with Santos going to the left and KBH moving up top.

Romagnoli came on for Helander in the 74th.

Linnes found Petkovic in the area with a good pass in the 83rd, and the winger squared to give Kardum an easy tap in, but Petkovic had been offside.

In the 86th we finally sealed it when KBH met Bengtsson’s low cross with a lovely volley into the roof of the net.

Milosevic and Bengtsson were the only players worthy of a mention today really, as everyone else was decent enough, though Jovic was pretty poor. Not a game I ever really felt threatened in though - 33 shots to 2, and 68% possession. International break now.

POM: Pierre Bengtsson (9.0, 0G, 2A)

Tough group mate, Well done on qualifying though! Looks like the facilities of yours will be superb next! Ibrahimovic Jnr will be coming through the Malmo ranks!

Tough group mate, Well done on qualifying though! Looks like the facilities of yours will be superb next! Ibrahimovic Jnr will be coming through the Malmo ranks!

I think Excellent is better than Superb, could be wrong though :P I look forward to that day! :D

Found a decent looking North Korean regen in Japan! It's quite tempting to make an offer :P
Deadline Day (Major European Leagues)
I think I rejected over 100 offers on this day alone! The biggest was a 19.25m bid for Biro-Biro from CSKA Moscow. Extremely tempting as it’s a massive fee, but I decided that I needed him for depth, and additionally, he will be worth more when our league reputation goes up more, and so I rejected it. Besides, he will count as home grown at the club in a couple of years, and is natural at 4 positions, so he will always have a place here. So glad that the deadline has finally passed for the big European leagues - I don't have to reject multiple offers on a daily basis.

Some big bucks coming in there!! I missed the post earlier about the youth intake,, Was hoping to see the next Collocini coming through your ranks ;)

Some big bucks coming in there!! I missed the post earlier about the youth intake,, Was hoping to see the next Collocini coming through your ranks ;)

Hahaha if I got a top CD he wouldn't be going to Newcastle ;)

Anyone think I should buy the North Korean? :P

Why not? Will be interesting to see how he gets along with the South Koreans! ;)

Back