Malmo FF - A Swedish Adventure

• Thread starter Thread starter PatrickLFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 500K
Transfer News...

So after being forced to delay twice, for some reason I was able to adjust the budget this time, and Tielemans joins for a club record 13m! I confess to having second thoughts and almost cancelling the deal, but I decided to go for it.

Injury News...

This poor bloke just can’t stay away from the physio! I’m really starting to wonder about those two actually, they’ve spent an awful lot of time together recently…

A taste of what's to come.

Glenn McGrath to Michael Atherton

McGrath: "Athers, it would help if you got rid of the s*** at the end of your bat."

Atherton looks at the bottom of his bat.

McGrath: "No, no, the other end."

James Ormond to Mark Waugh

Waugh: "Mate, what are you doing out here? You're not good enough to play for England."

Ormond: "Maybe not, but at least I'm the best player in my family."

Soon...

Last edited:
Transfer News...

I’ve agreed to sign a Uruguayan right back for 1.3m in about 18 months time. Looks like he could develop into a great player, although maybe I should make him a CB as he’s 200cm tall!
So Anderlecht are putting the Tielemans money to use straight away. I agree to sell keeper KSG to them for 4.3 million, as he takes up a valuable foreign player slot in my team. We may suffer short term, particularly against Bayern, but for the long term, I think it’s the right move to give Mohlin and particularly Castellano more chance to develop.

Last edited:
Friendly Results...

My assistant took charge for the first few friendlies, getting some good results, particularly against Corinthians. My first one was the match against Olexandriya, which we won comfortably. Unfortunately, Kardum picked up an injury in that match, and consequently, he will miss at least the first Bayern match.

All of a sudden our finances, which had projected a profit, suddenly suggest we’re in debt, and transfer revenue retention has been cut ridiculously low. If I’d known this there’s no way I would have bought Tielemans.

Hoffenheim offer an interview. I’ll see what I can get from the board, might not be much if our finances are this bad. Maybe another parent club to help out in that respect?

And true to form, I was asked to stay, and requested a parent club. If it’s Man United though, I’d rather go without :P

Next update will be the first leg against Bayern Munich, in Germany

Gutted about Tielemans! You got a keeper lined up for KBG or you going to keep Mohlins for the long term? Im sure those finances will jump back up soon enough mate, Worst comes to worst im sure you have plenty of options to sell?

Gutted about Tielemans! You got a keeper lined up for KBG or you going to keep Mohlins for the long term? Im sure those finances will jump back up soon enough mate, Worst comes to worst im sure you have plenty of options to sell?

Yeah it's a real shame, no doubt his attributes will decrease somewhat too :/ Going to stick with Mohlin and Castellano, barring a better regen, my aim is for these two to be my long term keepers. Mohlin is better for now but Castellano's potential is much higher. Hopefully the finances will be okay, will have to see

Champions League First Knockout Round - First Leg - Bayern Munich (Away)

So here we are, facing Bayern Munich in the First Knockout Round of the Champions League. On paper, we’re a much stronger side than when we faced them two years ago, in a 1-0 aggregate loss. We still go in as underdogs, but we’re not without a chance. PSG, Real Madrid and Man United can all attest to that. I’ve reverted to the 4-3-3 for this fixture, as we’re the away side. The main concern is in goals - can Sixten Mohlin fill the boots of KSG? I’d be delighted with a draw.

In the 10th minute Robben swung a cross from wide on the left in to the near post, where Lewandowski met it with a volley - saved!

A ridiculous cross-field ball from Lewandowski in the 15th found Robben, who nutmegged Linnes without breaking stride, before sending the ball whistling over the bar.

In the 20th minute Linnes played an excellent pass to KBH in the box, but the Korean’s shot failed to test Neuer, trickling past the far post. Poor effort from a good position.

A minute later KBH raced forwards with the ball and found space just outside the area. It was a more powerful shot this time, but once again was the wrong side of the right post.

A miserable day for KBH was compounded when he was forced off by injury in the 39th minute. Luka Jovic was his replacement.

Seconds after his arrival, the Serbian put us in front! Romagnoli swung in a cross, and Jovic had an inexplicable amount of space at the near post, having lost Benatia, and his header flew past Neuer into the roof of the net!

Just after the second half began, I switched to an all-out defensive set of instructions.

Díaz replaced Quintero in the 62nd minute.

In the 66th minute a Bayern corner was cleared but sent back into the box by Thiago, and Kovacic headed it down for Lewandowski, who belted it at the top right corner - where Sixten Mohlin plucked it out of the air! I couldn’t believe it!

A minute later Benatia hacked Jovic down, and he was already on a yellow. Bayern were a man down! I switched to a more possession-oriented style.

Thauvin replaced Santos in the 71st minute.

In the 74th minute a through ball from Thauvin looked to set Jovic free - until Højbjerg, on a yellow card, sent him flying. The referee sent him packing. Bayern down to 9 men! I switched again, to our regular 4-2-3-1 to try to ****** a second goal. Díaz was behind the striker.

In the 86th minute Helander was found free at the near post by Romagnoli’s corner, and he volleyed it so hard I didn’t see the ball! The commentator informed me it missed by inches.

We couldn’t find a second goal to bury the Germans, but we weren’t threatened as we saw out an incredible win!

I can’t explain how stunned I am right now - whilst there’s no doubt that Bayern’s two red cards helped us to stay in front, we scored before they went down, and managed to win at the Allianz Arena! Somewhat against the run of play, according to the stats, but there really wasn’t a great deal of difference between the sides - one clear cut chance apiece, and Bayern edging the half chances 2-1. An amazing result which puts us in the driving seat of this tie. A draw back in Sweden will see us through to the Quarter Finals for the first time in my tenure! Romagnoli had an outstanding game defensively and offensively. He is ridiculously good at crossing, something I’ve exploited by utilising him as a left back, even though he is our strongest CB as well. I was pleased for Jovic, who went missing in the big matches at the end of last season, but stood up today after a hasty introduction. Hopefully KBH isn’t seriously injured - he will still be my ideal starter for the return fixture. Mohlin had a great game, with a rating of 7.3, though it remains to be seen whether or not he can repeat the trick in the second leg.

POM: Damián Romagnoli (8.5, 0G, 1A)

Injury News...

Unfortunately KBH’s injury rules him out for 5 weeks, so our reigning Player of the Season won’t be lining up against Bayern in the second leg.

Yeah hopefully it's just a one off rather than a sign of things to come. Wouldn't want the club record signing to flop!
Ive gotten him in my saves, and this happens quite a lot. his injuries are always serious (for me at least)

Great result against Bayern mate - well done. Hopefully you can finish them off in the 2nd leg.

Ive gotten him in my saves, and this happens quite a lot. his injuries are always serious (for me at least)

Hope it doesn't happen in mine, I'll have to double check his report to see if he's injury prone. Pretty sure either him or the guy I'm about to sign had "May have a slight problem with injuries" or something like that :/

Great result against Bayern mate - well done. Hopefully you can finish them off in the 2nd leg.

Yeah I'm pleased although I wish we'd scored a second once they were two men down! Would make our job much easier, although we're still in pole position

Back