Malmo FF - A Swedish Adventure

• Thread starter Thread starter PatrickLFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 500K
Maybe you should consider putting a new challenge for your in the swedish league. Any win under three goals will be consider as a loss ha ha !!! Great job man keep it up !!

Maybe you should consider putting a new challenge for your in the swedish league. Any win under three goals will be consider as a loss ha ha !!! Great job man keep it up !!

Hahaha yeah something like that. I guess I just have to push the league up so that other teams start qualifying for Europe, then they will get more money and be able to attract better players. Won't be easy though

Anyone else have an opinion on whether or not you'd like to see me add a manager to the game and take over a rival side to play as alongside Malmo, as opposed to simply leaving Malmo? The thing is it will probably get boring just staying at Malmo, but at the same time, I'd love to develop players like Kardum to their full potential, and see them become club legends, rather than have the new manager sell them off to the European elite.

Anyone else have an opinion on whether or not you'd like to see me add a manager to the game and take over a rival side to play as alongside Malmo, as opposed to simply leaving Malmo? The thing is it will probably get boring just staying at Malmo, but at the same time, I'd love to develop players like Kardum to their full potential, and see them become club legends, rather than have the new manager sell them off to the European elite.

Would be an interesting idea to add a second manager, twice the work though both in game & as far as posting goes.

Up to you mate, would be very interesting to see you try to build a club to beat yourself as it were, dont imagine thats been done too often!

Think the league itself has become pretty boring because you have no competition, even with another manager I think your Malmo squad is too strong!

Sometimes doing too well is a shame :P

Would be an interesting idea to add a second manager, twice the work though both in game & as far as posting goes.

Up to you mate, would be very interesting to see you try to build a club to beat yourself as it were, dont imagine thats been done too often!

Yeah updating would become harder, that's for sure, it would be quite a task. I will have to decide at some point though

Think the league itself has become pretty boring because you have no competition, even with another manager I think your Malmo squad is too strong!

Sometimes doing too well is a shame :P

Yeah exactly, I really want more of a challenge in the league. I agree with you as well, whilst I think I could make a team that could give Malmo a game, it would be virtually impossible to overtake Malmo whilst I still controlled them too.

It really is, I'm getting tired of winning so easily :/

Add second manager for national team that would be only little more job but well it doesn't solve your league problem.

Why don't you add the second manager yet not do in depth updates on them. Just have it as a little side venture, and just give brief updates of any key players etc. Malmo is the big story here. Would be good for you to take a team up to compete with Malmo and then just retire. Try get the Swedish League up there with the likes of England, Spain, Italy etc.

Also how do you find such awesome regens, is it scout based or do you manually scout??

Add second manager for national team that would be only little more job but well it doesn't solve your league problem.

Not a bad idea actually. Ideally I'd take over the Swedish team with my current manager, but that's definitely something worth considering, especially as Erik Hamren doesn't look like losing his job any time soon, and with the youngsters I'm developing at Malmo Sweden is more likely to overachieve

Why don't you add the second manager yet not do in depth updates on them. Just have it as a little side venture, and just give brief updates of any key players etc. Malmo is the big story here. Would be good for you to take a team up to compete with Malmo and then just retire. Try get the Swedish League up there with the likes of England, Spain, Italy etc.

Also how do you find such awesome regens, is it scout based or do you manually scout??

That may work, and I'd say that would be the most likely way I'd set it up. I'd love to take the Swedish league all the way to the top, I think I'll run out of time though because I play the game so slowly :P

As for regens, it's almost all manual scouting. At the start of the game I subscribe to just about every nation that I think might produce good regens, as well as all of the top clubs in those nations - using discretion though, only the top one or two in smaller nations, but might be 15+ in a nation like France or Brazil. I get emails whenever there are youth intake players signing pre-contracts for the clubs, and from the nation, I see all the u19 squad call-ups etc. Then it's a matter of luck, whether you click on the right players or not really. I then scout them to be sure, but usually that's for a price range more than anything

Injury News...

My on-loan defender gets his second long term injury of his loan spell. A shame, as he had appeared to be doing nicely in Switzerland. 3-4 months is the diagnosis.

Whilst I would actually be willing to let him leave if a large enough offer came in, I told Thauvin I didn’t want him to leave, and he was satisfied by it. No need to give up my discretion if I don’t have to. Any deal for him is likely to hinge on whether or not our league reputation goes up enough for the player values to skyrocket.

Finally caught up with this great story I'm annoyed I have caught up and will have to wait for updates now

I did this on my ADO Den Haag save earlier this year. Took over Dodrecht who were my feeder club as a second manager and kept loaning them some of my best youth players who didn't fit in my ADO squad. It was fun but obviously took a lot longer (especially once I qualified for Europe with Dodrecht) and I like to fly through seasons to see progression.

If you choose to do it I agree that you probably shouldn't put the same amount of effort into the updates of the second team, maybe just a quick overview of how things are going month by month. Would be interesting though.

I did this on my ADO Den Haag save earlier this year. Took over Dodrecht who were my feeder club as a second manager and kept loaning them some of my best youth players who didn't fit in my ADO squad. It was fun but obviously took a lot longer (especially once I qualified for Europe with Dodrecht) and I like to fly through seasons to see progression.

If you choose to do it I agree that you probably shouldn't put the same amount of effort into the updates of the second team, maybe just a quick overview of how things are going month by month. Would be interesting though.

Yeah that would be something to consider for sure, just depends on time constraints and stuff. I definitely won't do the same level of detail for a second team if I do add them, it might be difficult to even keep that up with Malmo. I guess I'll cross that bridge once I come to it.

Can't believe how happy your squad is with all the interest in them and wanting to play I leave one player out of a training camp accidently and have a squad revolt on my hands

Can't believe how happy your squad is with all the interest in them and wanting to play I leave one player out of a training camp accidently and have a squad revolt on my hands

Yeah honestly I don't know what it is, something to do with reputations or something, or maybe they are just very professional. I don't really know, but I've never had any problems. Starting to think that it might make things more interesting if there were problems though :P

Back