Malmo FF - A Swedish Adventure

• Thread starter Thread starter PatrickLFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 500K
Ricardinho has obviously been having words with the lads at Queen's Park when it comes to moaning. Get 'im out!

Ricardinho has obviously been having words with the lads at Queen's Park when it comes to moaning. Get 'im out!
You've not seen my Astra squad I forgot to add a player to the squad of a training camp. The entire squad got ****** off. They also all want to join other teams and will not here otherwise

You've not seen my Astra squad I forgot to add a player to the squad of a training camp. The entire squad got ****** off. They also all want to join other teams and will not here otherwise

That's incredible! haha.

Been a silent reader for ages but just wanted to say great story hope you can get the champions league for real maybe then you will get credit for winning a league

That's incredible! haha.

Hahaha I don't think I have any right to complain when this is the first issue I've had, and I'm selling him anyway! Then I look at Craig's story, where it's an achievement for a player to not have concerns!

Been a silent reader for ages but just wanted to say great story hope you can get the champions league for real maybe then you will get credit for winning a league

Thanks mate, glad you're enjoying it. That's exactly what I'm hoping as well, it's pretty weird how it's messed up like it is, but oh well.

Thanks mate, glad you're enjoying it. That's exactly what I'm hoping as well, it's pretty weird how it's messed up like it is, but oh well.
I've had it happen to me once when I was playing in a spring to winter league so it must be a common error

Never seen a team get annoyed over training camp that has to be pretty unique

I've had it happen to me once when I was playing in a spring to winter league so it must be a common error

Ah that's interesting, maybe it's a bug then. I enquired and they seemed to think it was some kind of save corruption

Ah that's interesting, maybe it's a bug then. I enquired and they seemed to think it was some kind of save corruption
Never won the champions league though so don't know if it will give you a league title th n but you'd assume it would

Champions League Quarter Final - First Leg - Chelsea (Home)

Despite Jovic’s ridiculous performance in our last fixture, I’ve kept the same starting lineup that I’ve been using as my first choice selection this season. The Serbian is on the bench though, and I won’t hesitate to utilise him if I feel things aren’t working with the starting lineup. This first leg is crucial to our chances of progressing to the semi finals. Chelsea have a ridiculously strong team though, and we will have to be on top of our game to have any chance.

In the 15th minute Berardi played a great pass for Costa on the counter, but he couldn’t complete the play one-on-one with Mohlin, the keeper pushing his effort aside.

In the 21st they had the reverse combination going, Costa slipping in Berardi. Romagnoli’s slide tackle prevented the shot, but the ball rolled loose to the edge of the area, and Moutinho ran up and hit a searing first time effort - but Mohlin was up to the task again, brilliantly tipping it around the post!

In the 29th minute KBH’s lovely chipped through ball found the run of Quintero, but he was under a lot of pressure and narrowly missed the target.

In the 52nd minute Linnes’ hopeful long ball found KBH behind the defence. His shot was blocked by a backtracking defender, Quintero’s effort from the rebound was saved by Courtois. Santos picked up the rebound and stepped outside of Azpilicueta before drilling a flat cross into the 6 yard box for KBH, whose redirection was straight at Courtois. The ball rebounded fortuitously off Okore, and KBH finished it past Courtois, who was still off-balance. Very scrappy goal, but we’ll take it!

But disaster struck in the 55th, as a silly tackle from Milosevic near the half way line earned him his second yellow card!

Biro-Biro replaced Quintero and moved into the vacant CB slot. I then attempted to park the bus with 10 men.

That all went up in smoke 30 seconds later, when Linnes made an equally silly tackle on Costa - this time in the box. It was his second yellow card as well! Tinnerholm replaced Petkovic as I moved to a 4-1-1-2:

But Mohlin proved a hero, guessing correctly and saving Berardi’s spot kick with a dive to his right!

We couldn’t keep them out forever though, and in the 72nd minute Okore tied the game with a low finish across Mohlin just after a long throw from Ghoulam.

The trigger-happy referee was having the time of his life out there, and he strengthened his case for Man of the Match in the 76th minute by awarding Cahill a second yellow card - admittedly, a deserved one - for his reckless tackle on KBH.

A long ball from Helander in the 83rd was missed by Smalling, and KBH raced through. He slowed too much though, and when he eventually shot, Smalling had backtracked enough to block it.

In the 88th minute Ghoulam raced down the flank and cut the ball back for Costa. He squared for the onrushing Vitolo, who hit the post, and unfortunately, Wellington Nem was there to turn home the rebound and put Chelsea in front.

I was forced to go overload to find an equaliser, moving Crisetig forward to make a 4-2-2.

In the 91st minute Costa should have buried us when they countered from a corner, but Mohlin was too good for him one-on-one yet again.

But a minute later, they waltzed through once more, and Wellington Nem picked up his second with a low finish.

Very disappointing result in the end, two red cards in a minute enough to give Chelsea the chance to come back. No amount of heroism from the brilliant Mohlin was enough for us, and it was very harsh on him to have conceded three goals. Maybe I would have been better off taking the 2-1 defeat rather than going for an equaliser, but there’s no guarantee we wouldn’t have conceded regardless, and I didn't want to die wondering. We will have to pull off a miracle at Stamford Bridge to progress now.

POM: Wellington Nem (Chelsea - 8.6, 2G, 0A)

Best Malmö player: Kim Byung-Hyun (7.3, 1G, 0A). I felt Sixten Mohlin (6.9, 13 saves, 3 conceded) was our best player. His rating was 7.5 at half time, and was unfairly cut by full time having conceded three goals, not one of which was his fault.

Man that is frustrating. The day you need the whole team to turn up and put in a performance..2 players go and get sent off!

*punches monitor & uninstalls the game*

Man that is frustrating. The day you need the whole team to turn up and put in a performance..2 players go and get sent off!

*punches monitor & uninstalls the game*

Hahaha I couldn't do that. I had the laptop shut with the game paused and forgot about it, imagine my surprise when I opened my laptop in my lecture the next morning! Had to keep flicking screens to check how the match was going, forgot to make a third substitution - Jovic could have been a game changer!

Swedish Cup Quarter Final - Kalmar FF (Home)
Hopefully today’s quarter final goes better than the last one! We play the second leg against Chelsea in 3 days, which is just 6 days after the first leg. A defensive reshuffle will be required with Linnes and Milosevic both suspended, so Bengtsson and Biro-Biro are likely to have to back up. A win today is the only acceptable outcome.

Kardum’s lovely backheel in the 7th minute was flicked on by Petkovic, but Delahaye’s half volley was tame, and easily held.

In the 11th minute it was Thauvin who teed the Belgian striker up, and this time his shot was a good one, low and across the keeper, who did brilliantly to knock it aside at full stretch.

In the 14th minute Biro-Biro’s low volley from Bengtsson’s corner was saved by the keeper, then cleared off the line by a defender.

Delahaye finally got himself on the board in the 22nd minute, beating the Kalmar keeper at his near post after Neri headed a poor clearance back into the area for him.

Biro-Biro made it two in the 30th with an imperious near post header from another corner.

A 36th minute corner sparked a game of head tennis, and the ball eventually fell to the feet of Milosevic, whose low shot squeaked through the legs of the keeper and over the line.

In the 48th minute Delahaye did very well to get a pass off to Thauvin, but the Frenchman just missed the near top corner under pressure from two defenders.

In the 58th minute Romagnoli and Helander replaced Bengtsson and Biro-Biro.

Petkovic’s square pass in the 61st was met by a powerful drive from Kardum, but the keeper was up to the task of parrying it.

Forsberg replaced Thauvin, who still isn’t fully match fit, in the 68th.

I’m still not entirely sure what happened for our 77th minute goal. Tinnerholm and Petkovic played a one-two down the right, and the latter put in a cross to the near post, and Delahaye met it with an acrobatic volley. The keeper blocked it, maybe onto the inside of the post, and it trickled slowly between his legs and onto the line. A defender and Forsberg then slid in, and I think someone bumped the keeper, who bumped the ball over the line. Actually I think the defender may have got the touch, as he was credited (debited?) with the own goal. Must have stuck his leg between his keeper’s legs or something.

In the 84th Kardum played a perfect through ball for Delahaye, but he shot straight at the keeper, who knocked it away.

In the 86th minute Kalmar finally had a reasonable chance after some good passing, but the shot was pretty poor and Castellano collapsed to his left in order to hold it.

Very comfortable win in the end, as expected. We now travel to Stamford Bridge praying for a miracle. Gianluca Neri dominated the midfield (he’s now natural at CM as well as AMC), and deservedly picked up the POM award.

POM: Gianluca Neri (9.0, 0G, 1A)

Nice bounce back win there Patty - here's hoping you can turn it around against Chelsea in the 2nd leg!!!

Back