For sure your story has been an amazing achievement !! I was so suprised that you kept staying in Malmo even though the swedish league was becoming more and more boring and easy ! This and the Jamie Carragher story (from xjamie williams) are the most interesting stories I have ever read. Congrats for continuing the story for so long , and thank you for the company that you keep me during my boring working hours in the office !!!

For sure your story has been an amazing achievement !! I was so suprised that you kept staying in Malmo even though the swedish league was becoming more and more boring and easy ! This and the Jamie Carragher story (from xjamie williams) are the most interesting stories I have ever read. Congrats for continuing the story for so long , and thank you for the company that you keep me during my boring working hours in the office !!!

Thanks mate, I'm very glad you've enjoyed this, and to put it next to Jamie's is a huge honour :) Thanks for your support too, your comments have been very much appreciated! Hopefully you continue to enjoy it :)

Malmö Transfers...

With the Swedish transfer window having closed, I discovered that Malmö had made another two signings which I’d missed. Both of them look pretty decent as well, though the squad still has nothing on the juggernaut I had assembled there. Evidence enough is the fact that an unbeaten league season is no longer on the cards, following a 1-0 defeat at home to Häcken. :/

Transfer News...
Found my new right back! Not an enormous upgrade on my current options, but still a quality player who will definitely strengthen our defence. Cacares will make way.

Good news for Malmö, as they will receive half of this fee thanks to my foresight :p

Transfer News...

I needed a fifth centre back, preferably a young prospect, and so I met the release clause of a hugely talented German who I’d never been able to afford when I was at Malmö. His agent was an absolute nightmare, but eventually we agreed terms. I have no doubt he’ll be worth a lot more than 17m one day!

It was always a mystery to me that Santos never received even a youth call-up for Brazil, but it seems that he’ll be skipping that stage and going straight into the senior side. Brazil are going to be seriously tough to beat with Santos and Neymar running the show. Romagnoli also receives an Argentina call-up, reverting to the nation of his youth after 14 U21 caps for Italy.

Injury News...

An annoying injury which will see him miss the Super Cup, but fortunately nothing long term.

The German? He's actually a CB primarily, and that's where I'll probably use him. If he ends up anywhere near as good as Alaba I'll be delighted!

Yeah,seems that i need glasses ;)
I saw in the pic that he's a CD,but i wrote DM instead. Dumb me . :p

If I could make a small tactical suggestion. Since you took over Juventus why not trying a new system approach more near to Italian football ? A 3-5-2 (where you can use Corchia and Asamoagh as attacking full backs) or maybe a 3-4-3 (cause you have good wingers with great finishing). It could also be a new challenge to make your save even more interesting!
I am saying that because I believe that the team you‘ve built is perfect for these two formations.

If I could make a small tactical suggestion. Since you took over Juventus why not trying a new system approach more near to Italian football ? A 3-5-2 (where you can use Corchia and Asamoagh as attacking full backs) or maybe a 3-4-3 (cause you have good wingers with great finishing). It could also be a new challenge to make your save even more interesting!
I am saying that because I believe that the team you‘ve built is perfect for these two formations.

Interesting suggestion, I couldn't drop Romagnoli for Asamoah, but he'd make an excellent wing back I'm sure. Not convinced I have the depth at CB to try it though. I'll have to have a look but I have three formations which I'm very happy with at the moment. I'll definitely look into it next time I load the save though, might be a good one to try :)

Supercoppa Italiana - Sampdoria (Neutral)

A number of new signings, namely Santos, Romagnoli, Corchia, Gimenez and Castellano, start, with youngster Raccogli on the bench. Chiellini misses out through injury, along with new signings Kardum and Jourdan. Sampdoria’s new signing Dorian Delahaye will be one to watch.

Our first real chance came in the 19th minute, as Pogba’s angled pass found Pratto, who forced a good save and a corner from the Sampdoria keeper.

It was Pratto who then got us on the board in the 43rd minute with a spectacular volley from Malcom’s cross, which thundered into the roof of the net!

An ambitious long ball from Sampdoria’s right back somehow went straight through the defence, and became a footrace between former Malmö team-mates Delahaye and Castellano. Castellano ended up leaving it for Delahaye and retreating to his goal, which had me worried, but he made an excellent near-post save.

In the 61st minute Malcom went down injured, and was replaced by Pedro.

Asamoah replaced Pratto in the 79th as we switched to a 4-3-3 with Vidal as the DM.

Santon for Romagnoli was my final change in the 81st minute.

Castellano once again came up trumps in the 89th minute with a brilliant save.

A good win and a nice trophy to begin my Juventus career, against a very strong Sampdoria side. Solid performances all around without any brilliant ones - Castellano was most impressive in my opinion. I’m sure things will only improve as the team begins to gel.

POM: Frederik Sørensen (Sampdoria - 7.6, 0G, 0A)

Best Juventus Players: Nicolás Castellano (7.6, 0 conceded, 5 saves) and Sébastien Corchia (7.6, 0G, 0A)

Injury News...

Unfortunately, Malcom’s injury sees him ruled out for 4 weeks. A shame as he was one of the better performers in the Super Coppa.

Malmö get a hiding from Slovan Bratislava to all but kick them out of the Champions League. Very sad to see.