So is this a 5-2-3 or a strikerless 5-2-3-0? I saw a single post claiming that the tactic is strikerless anyone there can comfirm this or better yet post a screenshot. An old saying in my native languages states that; A picture tells more, than a thousand words ;)

So is this a 5-2-3 or a strikerless 5-2-3-0? I saw a single post claiming that the tactic is strikerless anyone there can comfirm this or better yet post a screenshot. An old saying in my native languages states that; A picture tells more, than a thousand words ;)

Its 5-2-3-0 - so strikerless - 3BPD-D - 2WB-S - 2CM-S - 3SHADOWS - Check it out :)

Awesome feedback guys. Ive been busy working.. ive got some time over now so i will try to update the OP and finnish the tactic with some fine tuning.. :) Really appreciate your feedback boys. I know its getting kind of boring with all those formations but the thing is that ive been trying with all kinds of formations and this one is the formation that works best, at least for this version...

Its 5-2-3-0 - so strikerless - 3BPD-D - 2WB-S - 2CM-S - 3SHADOWS - Check it out :)

Interresting, maybe I should take that tactic and FM17 for spin soon - I know havn't really played it yet...

Sux that us guys that use fm touch on tablet can't get to try this tactic

Apreciation and question asked

Hello,

First of all I would like to congratulate Malte722 for the effort and kindness to share the tactic with the rest of us.

Second, I would also like to thank Jesaustralia for his valuable feedback and contribution not only in this thread but in the forum.

I don´t write much but I´m a daily reader of the forum and I have tested and used extensively most of the known tactics around here. Obviously I won´t post my preferences for respect to the OP.
After reading the all thread I will definitely use this tactic on a new save, probably with a top team, even if it is more suitable for underdogs. I´m really looking forward to it, especially after reading Jesaustralia feedback on this matter.

Nevertheless, I would like to ask one question. Regarding team training and focus are there any particular indications I should look for? I usually like to go for Team cohesion (at least until Christmas) and Team Tactis until the team as learnt it. Then I usually change it to Def Pos. or Att. Mov. If the tactic is already a defensive one. Once I´m happy with the Team cohesion I usually change it to balanced. I also only thick the rest after day match box and use the slider 2 positions from the left.
Once again thank you for the valuable contribution and this is exactly why I enjoy this forum so much.

Cheers.

Hello,

First of all I would like to congratulate Malte722 for the effort and kindness to share the tactic with the rest of us.

Second, I would also like to thank Jesaustralia for his valuable feedback and contribution not only in this thread but in the forum.

I don´t write much but I´m a daily reader of the forum and I have tested and used extensively most of the known tactics around here. Obviously I won´t post my preferences for respect to the OP.
After reading the all thread I will definitely use this tactic on a new save, probably with a top team, even if it is more suitable for underdogs. I´m really looking forward to it, especially after reading Jesaustralia feedback on this matter.

Nevertheless, I would like to ask one question. Regarding team training and focus are there any particular indications I should look for? I usually like to go for Team cohesion (at least until Christmas) and Team Tactis until the team as learnt it. Then I usually change it to Def Pos. or Att. Mov. If the tactic is already a defensive one. Once I´m happy with the Team cohesion I usually change it to balanced. I also only thick the rest after day match box and use the slider 2 positions from the left.
Once again thank you for the valuable contribution and this is exactly why I enjoy this forum so much.

Cheers.

Very Nice....

Now I cannot reply for Malte, but since you include me in here - I will reply on my own behalf.
I'm a daily reader in here too - just like you and when something excites me or annoys me (sometimes) I become a writer as well :D - Appreciate your kind words sir!! - its people like you that make the hours writing releasing and illustrating worth it!!.

Well its not always an underdog tactic are better than a tactic for top teams - however its always solid - meaning you can implement it for most teams - and with malte's tactic here the 5230 or the 55 :D I think will definitely be a tactic that you can watch become better and better with your future super regents involved :)

Malte & other people might be doing training differently but this is how I have been playing most of my fm17 days - and infact simular to how I used to play with some of these settings in the past.

Preseason - Team cohesion - High intensity - 50% scheduling - rest days unticked - Tactics
Load tactic to all 3 slots - arrange friendlies 8+ - I suggest tours to make money - North Africa region is real good. - Preseason you do till you are 100% fluid. You might have to lower the intensity in order to help regenerate condition - you should be 100% fluid by october.

Inseason (No Change) - Team Cohesion - Average Intensity (sometimes low) - 50% scheduling - rest after match ticked - Defensive positioning (old days Attacking movement) - try both. I have had lots of success with this formula - if I have 3 matches a week I change to low intensity...But theirs more - if you don't like rotating players - I suggest you to rest your 1st 11 between 2 & 3 rest days - you do this on your squad screen - select you first 11 - right click - go training - then rest days 2 or 3 depending on when your next match is due - if their is 6 or 7 days till you play the next match you will not need to rest them.

Thank you for participating and thank you for appreciating my own contributions - thats motivating :)

Cheers pal

Last edited:
Ajax - The 1st Season Conclusion

League Table
4613c225acb0233b019515ce6ad3bc9c.png

Ch League & Dutch Cup
9ed71d1dd104c43dda7686ec699f2915.png

I think that this Ajax team performed well beyond expectation - I know their is 5 draws and 3 loses and if the bar is to get a perfect season - then that is poor - but with players that Ajax had in the 1st season - I think the league table is as expected - I believe strongly that if they clean up the squad - they will get a perfect season with this tactic - I can further say that lots of things has happened in the preseason of 2nd season - 7 new aquisitions introduced to the squad - players that possess certain quality - I expect a much better league table at the end of this season - I don't dare to expect more in the ch league as we surely did surpass all logic in the 1st season.

New players - Kalinic GK - Vallejo CD - Almamy Toure DR - Havertz CM - Elneny CM - Berardi Left Shadow - Isak Centre Shadow
Paid in 48 months Installment - 122m pounds

Players Out - Riedewald - Klaassen - Ziyech & Others
126m pounds

This will probably create a squad inbalance with that many signings - so I expect to take some hits due to that - however super cup lost - 1st league game 7-0 - 6 of the goals in the first 30 mins :D

I honestly am as excited about this one as I am with the 4312 - but with this one you can succeed in a big way with lesser quality players - This year we get to see them play with much more quality in the squad hopefully that translates in to several enhanced performances.

Malte when you ever feel like it if ever - try and see if you can make the narrow 4312 formation in to an underdog like this one.

I will keep you updated guys

Cheerio :)

jesaustrailia what version of this do you use mate

Thank you

Thank you for your answer Jesaustralia. Really apreciated and very informative. I usually don´t let the players rest more than one day since I always rotate 2 starting eleven for every team I coach.

Really excited to read about the final version being tested by the OP. I´m gonna start using the one available tonight, after work :)

Cheers.