Man City agree fee to sign Dzeko

I am a little concerned with Dzeko having signed for our rivals, and the potential threat he may/will pose against us in terms of the league and when we face them at home.

But I am also really excited at seeing him play in the Premier League. He is a great talent and it would be great to see him knock in a few goals - hopefully not against us.

Poor Adebayor.

I think the guy's an ****, but he was an **** before City signed him so it's not exactly come as a surprise. And he's scored with unerring consistency.

So Dzeko, let's hope the fact you're nicer brings you success at City, as scoring apparently isn't enough.

Lol your all saying this is a wonder signing and its going to win them the league but there is a real chance he could become the next big flop. Why do they need another striker?? Ahh well dosnt matter to me because if Liverpool had the money Man City did id hope theyd do the same tbh.

Lets get real here Madridsta.

Dzeko ain't gonna come out just after signing for City and say that he didn't want to go there and that Man Citeh were a back up.

He's obviously not an idiot.

Lol your all saying this is a wonder signing and its going to win them the league but there is a real chance he could become the next big flop. Why do they need another striker?? Ahh well dosnt matter to me because if Liverpool had the money Man City did id hope theyd do the same tbh.

Wait, who's said that? We've all said it's a good signing but there is a chance he could be a flop... oO)

I honestly feel he is gonna flop cos Mancini prefers to play 1 upfront so how the **** will he fit Tevez and Dzeko together, unless Mancini decided to drop his defensive tactics and be mor exotic with a 4-4-2 maybe then only will we see Dzeko get the game time he deserves

Where have any of us said this is City's ticket to the title? Unless Mancini has become an avid user of FM-Base while I wasn't looking?

It should be a top signing, he's pretty much built for the English game, I don't imagine it taking him long to settle. Don't see him flopping, looking forward to see him strut his stuff, just not against us. :p

I honestly feel he is gonna flop cos Mancini prefers to play 1 upfront so how the **** will he fit Tevez and Dzeko together, unless Mancini decided to drop his defensive tactics and be mor exotic with a 4-4-2 maybe then only will we see Dzeko get the game time he deserves

4-2-3-1, Dzeko up front with Tevez roaming behind, two wingers supported by Toure and De Jong with Toure with more licence to get forward.

Also, that was the first time I've ever heard 4-4-2 described as "exotic". :p

4-2-3-1, Dzeko up front with Tevez roaming behind, two wingers supported by Toure and De Jong with Toure with more licence to get forward.

Also, that was the first time I've ever heard 4-4-2 described as "exotic". :p

You've forgot Gareth Barry in that line-up there! That's probably the sensible option, but it'll be interesting to see how Mancini is going to line them up for sure.

And I think anything can be described as exotic compared to their last game. (6)

Lets get real here Madridsta.

Dzeko ain't gonna come out just after signing for City and say that he didn't want to go there and that Man Citeh were a back up.

He's obviously not an idiot.

Who are Man Citeh?

Backand Arry came out before saying "We'd love to have signed Edin, The lads a 'triffic player but they blew us aaart the waww taaaa" <)

This is probly going to be pretty much like Berba-Rooney partnership. But i think Dzeko is better than Berba.
He could be a flop but i pretty much doubt it. He just looks too great. This guy is 2x better than Ade.
And of course he is going to get playing time...who wouldn't play a striker like him?

Even Mancini isn't that stupid and hopefully we dont get to see Barry as much in action as before. He will shine with Tevez, i really believe it.

4-2-3-1 style maybe... with tevez a little behind Dzeko...Silva as an "winger" who plays pretty much himself into the middle. Silva is not a pure winger..like adam johnson. So i think it might be more like an 4-4-2 maybe.

EDIT: I have just watched how jelouse people who wanted Dzeko to juve..or milan, have made in goal.com some disgusting articles like: "adebayor, balotelli, Dzeko, the 3 striker that didin't want to join ManCity".
It's just funny, do people really believe things like that? Just read his comments, you will believe he really wanted to City.

Last edited:
I am a little concerned with Dzeko having signed for our rivals, and the potential threat he may/will pose against us in terms of the league and when we face them at home.

But I am also really excited at seeing him play in the Premier League. He is a great talent and it would be great to see him knock in a few goals - hopefully not against us.
Finally a Man utd supporter saying something good about him and not being jealous like the rest of them

Finally a Man utd supporter saying something good about him and not being jealous like the rest of them
I don't think anybody on this thread has said Dzeko is a bad player/purchase so wth are you talking about?

This argument is just ludicrous. Dzeko is a proven goalscorer in the German league. When Wolfsburg won the title he scored 26 goals in 32 games, a phenomenal record, he also grabs assists. But to say this is an 'excellent' signing and the signing that will win City the league is beyond me. How can you say Dzeko is better than Berbatov? Berbatov set the EPL alight in his first season. Would like to see if Dzeko does this in the coming months. He's good but not THAT good. He's not proven in the premier league and he won't be until he starts knocking in a few goals. It is a good and ambitious signing, but I think its a signing due to just the amount of money City have. If city didn't have 'unlimited' money, and they had their last 26 or so million, to buy a goalscoring striker to 'win' them the league, the name on peoples tongues would not have been Dzeko.

Quite a lot of people saying he is probably going to be a flop

Care to quote them? More to the point, care to have a look through the thread and noticing that the majority have been saying the opposite?

This argument is just ludicrous. Dzeko is a proven goalscorer in the German league. When Wolfsburg won the title he scored 26 goals in 32 games, a phenomenal record, he also grabs assists. But to say this is an 'excellent' signing and the signing that will win City the league is beyond me. How can you say Dzeko is better than Berbatov? Berbatov set the EPL alight in his first season. Would like to see if Dzeko does this in the coming months. He's good but not THAT good. He's not proven in the premier league and he won't be until he starts knocking in a few goals. It is a good and ambitious signing, but I think its a signing due to just the amount of money City have. If city didn't have 'unlimited' money, and they had their last 26 or so million, to buy a goalscoring striker to 'win' them the league, the name on peoples tongues would not have been Dzeko.

Well said. Can't add anything more.

Quite a lot of people saying he is probably going to be a flop
Quotes? I'm sure the vast majority of people have been saying he will be good. And the minority have only said he might flop, which is a perfectly reasonable thing to say. You Man City fans seems to have an "us against the world" complex...