Man City agree fee to sign Dzeko

Ok, if everyone is against City and doesn't want them to play in CL, Only because they spend much.... then im wasting my time here. There is no point arguing...

I know myself, and I think CJ, were making a point against your elitist attitude, not their spending power. People have accepted you have the money and are on a spending spree, a lot of people would also like to see fairer competition that is less distorted by money.

I know myself, and I think CJ, were making a point against your elitist attitude, not their spending power. People have accepted you have the money and are on a spending spree, a lot of people would also like to see fairer competition that is less distorted by money.

i would too, and thats from a city fan - thats one of the reasons i love watching lower league teams - im at huddersfield uni and i love going to see town play, its cheap and the players play with passion.

Yes, of course they still have it, but a few years ago, you were blooding through your youth, with players such as Michael Johnson, Stephen Ireland, but can you really see your team playing youth and such when youve spent so much money on players.

And for Part 2, only a City fan would say that, honestly, so you'd rather see a team buy there success, than work really hard, grafting to get into CL football.

*Sigh*

Richards still plays, Boyata still gets a game occasionally. Michael Johnson has very long standing injury that he can never quite get fit from so I imagine he will be released or loaned out. He's not good enough for the current crop. As for Ireland, they sold him because they bought better players in Silva and Milner and surely it is better for Ireland to be sold to a club where he is more likely to get first team football rather than sitting on the bench at City. Ireland has proved at Villa that he is a very inconsistent player.

What do you really expect City fans to say Cj, we have money? Let's not spend it and continue to finish outside the top four?

I said if Juve came calling. Then everyone knows Dzeko is Juve or Milan fan and would consider a move there.

Huh? Everyone knows he supports Juve or Milan?

I imagine Dzeko is negotiating with City over how should over how big his contract should be at the moment. The more money you can earn, the better though.

As for the Champions League financial fair play rules. I am sure there is plenty of ways round it.

Great, now I can't buy him in FM anymore :'(. Oh well gl at City Dzeko =)!

What do you really expect City fans to say Cj, we have money? Let's not spend it and continue to finish outside the top four?

Thats a very good point. It all started with FFF.

I remember reading somewhere that Dzeko is Milan or Juve supporter. Not sure which one.

Madridsta was implying that people would rather see City and other rich clubs play than the poorer ones from other countries. He didn't mention the correct ways to qualify, just insulted poorer clubs saying they don't deserve a chance.

Okay, what if england had 4 automatic places in CL...and 6 who have a chance to qualify. And Zilina would have faced some of those. Do you think they would have gone trough? I dont...if they would, then i could say that they have earned it.

I love to watch ManU, Arsenal, Spurs, even clubs like newcastle, sunderland, Villa, Everton...

But anyways... idc anymore. Just continue hating City. If it's fun.

look forward to see him in the pl. lol at fans hating.

Okay, what if england had 4 automatic places in CL...and 6 who have a chance to qualify. And Zilina would have faced some of those. Do you think they would have gone trough? I dont...if they would, then i could say that they have earned it.

I love to watch ManU, Arsenal, Spurs, even clubs like newcastle, sunderland, Villa, Everton...

But anyways... idc anymore. Just continue hating City. If it's fun.

It is European competition for a reason. You just can't expect only top teams from England, Spain, Italy to compete.

And If Zilina was English club, maybe Sheik would have bought them instead of City and pumped all the money for the club. Argument can go either way.

As for the Champions League financial fair play rules. I am sure there is plenty of ways round it.
Pretty sure he supports Milan.

I agree with you on the FFF thing. Break-even is such a vague term, sounds like there will be a lot of room for manouevre. Does anyone have a file stating the specifics?

Does it matter?

They must have faced some very very tough teams to get through, so they have deserved it.

End of.

You're just jealous that you aren't in the Champions League

Pretty sure he supports Milan.

I agree with you on the FFF thing. Break-even is such a vague term, sounds like there will be a lot of room for manouevre. Does anyone have a file stating the specifics?

Break-even is actually a very specific term, it is defined as the point at which costs equal revenue, thus no profit or loss has been made. As I already mentioned they're giving leeways for the maximum loss a club can make and still be obeying the regulations, and secondly UEFA are going to audit clubs to check their accounts are satisfactory against the rules.

Does it matter?

They must have faced some very very tough teams to get through, so they have deserved it.

End of.

Of course, for their level. And idc really about that but if someone says that City doesn't deserve a place in CL next season in terms of their quality of football...then you know nothing about football. But of course i want arsenal, united, spurs to qualify too. I think england deserves 1 extra place too. To the qualifying rounds.

Why cant you people just stop hating? Show some respect to city fans too...and dont start hating. Do you think we would be hating if any other english club would be buying Dzeko now? I wouldn't.

Edit: And im not jelouse that we aren't in CL now. We missed our place to spurs. But they are playing well there...maybe they could even win Milan. Doubt it but they have a good chance.

Last edited:
Of course, for their level. And idc really about that but if someone says that City doesn't deserve a place in CL next season in terms of their quality of football...then you know nothing about football. But of course i want arsenal, united, spurs to qualify too. I think england deserves 1 extra place too. To the qualifying rounds.

Why cant you people just stop hating? Show some respect to city fans too...and dont start hating. Do you think we would be hating if any other english club would be buying Dzeko now? I wouldn't.

Not going to trawl through the thread to check, but over the last few pages I don't recall anyone stating City don't deserve a place in the CL.

Not going to trawl through the thread to check, but over the last few pages I don't recall anyone stating City don't deserve a place in the CL.

No1 said that. But i would like people even to admit it. They said they wouldn't want City to qualify for CL. But they really would deserve it now... they are playing good football. I really hope it will be a entertaining game with Arsenal today. I really wouldn't mind Arsenal winning.

If i had to choose a PL team over City, i would probly choose them or spurs. They play fantastic football.

No1 said that. But i would like people even to admit it. They said they wouldn't want City to qualify for CL. But they really would deserve it now... they are playing good football. I really hope it will be a entertaining game with Arsenal today. I really wouldn't mind Arsenal winning.

If i had to choose a PL team over City, i would probly choose them or spurs. They play fantastic football.

Dont mean to sound like a douche here, but in what way do they deserve it, they were a mid-table team then a sugar daddy came in and bought them a new team of stars, if they werent playing well and winning then there would be a problem and heads would roll.

Break-even is actually a very specific term, it is defined as the point at which costs equal revenue, thus no profit or loss has been made. As I already mentioned they're giving leeways for the maximum loss a club can make and still be obeying the regulations, and secondly UEFA are going to audit clubs to check their accounts are satisfactory against the rules.
Break-even itself is a specific term but in this context it isn't. Cost of what? Are transfer budget included into the cost? Also are loan repayments included? Are stadium improvements included? Are transfer funds in included into the revenue? Things are different when talking about a football club. If it was a car company then yes Break-even would be sufficient.

If Balotelli goes like he says he will, dzeko would be a fantastic replacement, and in modern day man city, money isn't an option.

this is so far off topic now, but there is a very interesting debate here now, so im gonna leave it to run, providing everyone stays polite here.