Man City agree fee to sign Dzeko

I know myself, and I think CJ, were making a point against your elitist attitude, not their spending power. People have accepted you have the money and are on a spending spree, a lot of people would also like to see fairer competition that is less distorted by money.

From a United fan... A ******* United fan! 10 years ago before City, Before Abramovic. yourselves, Liverpool and Arsenal had pulled up the drawbridge and hogged all the money and glory for yourselves and you loved every second. Veron, Ferdinand, Rooney... And on and on and on... "But we earned that money"... No you didn't! it was the result of perpetual cycle which only a certain elite had access too. Stuff the rest right? Money handed to you by Uefa, The premier league and most of all SKY!

The hypocricey here is painful at times. I know what City is doing can be percieved as tastless or to the more sensetive soul "Wrong/unfair" but considering the history of the premier leagues elitism i make absolutely no appologie whatsoever about my clubs current situation. Indeed i'm over the "Blue moon" about it XD

Dont mean to sound like a douche here, but in what way do they deserve it, they were a mid-table team then a sugar daddy came in and bought them a new team of stars, if they werent playing well and winning then there would be a problem and heads would roll.

Well, i dont think i even have to answere that. That was really stupid from you i have to say that.

From a United fan... A ******* United fan! 10 years ago before City, Before Abramovic. yourselves, Liverpool and Arsenal had pulled up the drawbridge and hogged all the money and glory for yourselves and you loved every second. Veron, Ferdinand, Rooney... And on and on and on... "But we earned that money"... No you didn't! it was the result of perpetual cycle which only a certain elite had access too. Stuff the rest right? Money handed to you by Uefa, The premier league and most of all SKY!

The hypocricey here is painful at times. I know what City is doing can be percieved as tastless or to the more sensetive soul "Wrong/unfair" but considering the history of the premier leagues elitism i make absolutely no appologie whatsoever about my clubs current situation. Indeed i'm over the "Blue moon" about it XD
blakefish, that chip off your shoulder and go and read up on the FFF. Platini isnt just about the elite clubs, indeed he is willing to get their backs up in order to help the smaller european clubs, hence the recent changes in qualifying. Clearly youve missed what most people are saying here. Top class football is dangerously financially unbalanced, and its time something was done before the game implodes

Break-even itself is a specific term but in this context it isn't. Cost of what? Are transfer budget included into the cost? Also are loan repayments included? Are stadium improvements included? Are transfer funds in included into the revenue? Things are different when talking about a football club. If it was a car company then yes Break-even would be sufficient.

There are universal principles to accountancy. Costs are your outgoings, revenue are your incomings. And a budget isn't a cost, it's a disciplined limit to what you wish to spend. It's not a cost till used.

Do you actually read a thing I write? Or are you just on a **** bent mission to defend your club. There's nothing wrong with your passion, but your facts about the FFF and UEFA are horribly out of line and deluded. You barely even counter my arguments, most of which I have said has absolutely nothing to do with United, if you're going to argue can you at least try counter points, they kind of help to establish a decent debate.

And what, the perpetual cycle of success --> money --> success? Why was the money "handed" to us? Every club has benefited from the Sky deal and the Premiership formation financially. UEFA handing over money too, so what? Did Spurs not earn that last year or have they been handed it? And now look at the success they're having this season. They were successful last season and were rightfully paid for their hard work and effort. The problem with this "cycle" you go on about, is that other clubs earned success to initiate it, City are skipping the first step, trying to go from Money --> Success --> Money. Yes, United have been fortunate and I'm extremely grateful for the money pots that are the CL, PL and Sky. But, I'm not going to apologise for my club being successful for a long period of time and reaping the rewards. Hopefully one of the benefits from these new regulations that more clubs can begin to enjoy the riches and fortune that my club have been fortunate enough to enjoy for such a long time.

Last edited:
You're just jealous that you aren't in the Champions League

I'm pretty sure that will be resolved next season ;)

Dont mean to sound like a douche here, but in what way do they deserve it, they were a mid-table team then a sugar daddy came in and bought them a new team of stars, if they werent playing well and winning then there would be a problem and heads would roll.

Well don't be a douche then... Simples!

If Balotelli goes like he says he will, dzeko would be a fantastic replacement, and in modern day man city, money isn't an option.

When did he ever say he wanted to leave???

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, But didnt United earn their massive financial gain by being the first to win the Premier League?

They won the competition when it first started and reaped the rewards that it brought. Simple as that.

Signed, sealed, delivered. Signing complete. SSN Breaking News now.

Yeh just popped up on Facebook for me, Manchester City page posted it :D

YES! City has one of the best Strikerforces in the world now! Finally! All those rumours about juve and milan and so on...but he said himself that ManCIty was his #1 option!

Up with Blue Moon!

YES! City has one of the best Strikerforces in the world now! Finally! All those rumours about juve and milan and so on...but he said himself that ManCIty was his #1 option!

Up with Blue Moon!
Lol ok believe that if you will... anyway good luck to him.

Lol ok believe that if you will... anyway good luck to him.

Read what he said! He really wanted to join City... all those faked agent quotes and juve ultimatums and all that ******* **** was false ****!

He knew many players like Kompany and Boateng, And he wanted to play with players like Tevez, and Toure. Thank you Sheikh Mansour this made my day!

Edit: Milan is his favourite club... but that doesn't make it his preferred club move. He self said that every1 has said english football suits him best.

Last edited:
Yes because I'm sure if he really wanted to go AC Milan (the team which he supports) he would have said "I'm only at City because AC Milan didn't make the bid"...

Up with Blue Moon!

Do you think you'll actually like, try attacking with one of the best strike forces in the world? I mean, I'm sure Dzeko will substitute as a fine centre half behind the ball for when you play a big team.

Do you think you'll actually like, try attacking with one of the best strike forces in the world? I mean, I'm sure Dzeko will substitute as a fine centre half behind the ball for when you play a big team.

Man, i know you are not stupid enough to think like that. That's just one of your ways to try to hit City for buying a good striker. Or actually... one of the best in the world :D

Man, i know you are not stupid enough to think like that. That's just one of your ways to try to hit City for buying a good striker. Or actually... one of the best in the world :D

I'm not trying to hit City at all, I'm just going off the evidence of the abomination that was Man City v Arsenal, and I'll continue to think it until I witness City actually give it a go against a big team.

I'm not trying to hit City at all, I'm just going off the evidence of the abomination that was Man City v Arsenal, and I'll continue to think it until I witness City actually give it a go against a big team.

Last year they did that. But let me explain to you....: City is growing stronger and Mancini is finally building his own team thats ready pretty soon i think. not the **** Hughes had.. he made awful signings.

He has built defense pretty well already (we might have EPL :s best defense atm)....now the focus is mostly on attack. Against arsenal he didin't have much attacking options. So he switched to more defensive. (against united he didin't park the bus like you probly would have said).

I dont think Dzeko will be the last january signings for us... i am following the City forums pretty much. And there are signs that we will sign more.

Probly not a striker anymore :D But a midfielder and maybe a young defender too. Idk honestly.. just guessing. But i dont think this was the last signing in january, neither does my fellow blues.

Thanks! And Love you everyone ! :wub: Yes and btw.... we are probly offloading in january:..santa cruz, adebayor, wayne bridge, SWP (idk). And maybe Jo...(i dont think so). And if Given leaves, we need a backup GK.

Last edited:
Last year they did that. But let me explain to you....: City is growing stronger and Mancini is finally building his own team thats ready pretty soon i think. not the **** Hughes had.. he made awful signings.

He has built defense pretty well already (we might have EPL :s best defense atm)....now the focus is mostly on attack. Against arsenal he didin't have much attacking options. So he switched to more defensive. (against united he didin't park the bus like you probly would have said).

I dont think Dzeko will be the last january signings for us... i am following the City forums pretty much. And there are signs that we sign more.

Probly not a striker anymore :D But a midfielder and maybe a young defender too. Idk honestly.. just guessing. But i dont think this was the last signing in january, neither does my fellow blues.

Thanks! And Love you everyone ! :wub: Yes and btw.... we are probly offloading in january:..santa cruz, adebayor, wayne bridge, SWP (idk). And maybe Jo...(i dont think so). And if Given leaves, we need a backup GK.

You can cry that you lost attacking options, but Silva and Balotelli aren't the be all and end all. United have had to play without Nani, Giggs, Scholes, Rooney etc. and have still attacked and tried to win every game. The players you had available for Arsenal could surely, surely have been able to muster a shot on target? There are teams that have spent far less and have less talent than your squad that have tried to attack. West Brom at the Emirates springs to mind, and they reaped the rewards. Blackpool, are skint and have few star players, but look at them; every single game they give it their all to win their games, and look how they're doing.

It's not the fact that you've spent so much in a short space of time, it's the fact you've spent it and still go to Arsenal with 10 men behind the ball and zero shots on target that really irks me.

You can cry that you lost attacking options, but Silva and Balotelli aren't the be all and end all. United have had to play without Nani, Giggs, Scholes, Rooney etc. and have still attacked and tried to win every game. The players you had available for Arsenal could surely, surely have been able to muster a shot on target? There are teams that have spent far less and have less talent than your squad that have tried to attack. West Brom at the Emirates springs to mind, and they reaped the rewards. Blackpool, are skint and have few star players, but look at them; every single game they give it their all to win their games, and look how they're doing.

It's not the fact that you've spent so much in a short space of time, it's the fact you've spent it and still go to Arsenal with 10 men behind the ball and zero shots on target that really irks me.

Im trying to be nice, but all you say is that i can stop crying? Have i cried? Yes they have attacked and pretty many of them have lost. We get an away point and thats ok for me.

Yes, you have a pretty good squad depth now... with SAF still trying to tie Giggsy and Scholes for a futher 5-10 years, cuz you can't buy young blood because of your ENORMOUS DEPTH. And rooney who is on poor form.

That was probly the end of being nice ;) Just kidding, peace to you all... not trying to start a fight.

Last edited:
Im trying to be nice, but all you say is that i can stop crying? Have i cried? Yes they have attacked and pretty many of them have lost. We get an away point and thats ok for me.

Yes, you have a pretty good squad depth now... with SAF still trying to tie Giggsy and Scholes for a futher 5-10 years, cuz you can't buy young blood because of your ENORMOUS DEPTH. And rooney who is on poor form.

That was probly the end of being nice ;) Just kidding, peace to you all... not trying to start a fight.

Thread has gone way off topic with this arguing, can take it to PM.