Man City agree fee to sign Dzeko

A difference is that clubs like Manchester United and Arsenal have had a good foundation for years and only really add to their squad slowly, Manchester City have just got their foundation and are adding to it quickly in order to try to win the league.
well city dont have that luxury, the incoming FFF rules means they have to do their big spending right now, hence the large number of big signings. You will see very few big city signings after this season

i reckon it would be cheaper for city to just buy the premiership trophy itself,they have a big enough squad as it is with loads a talented players that cant even get into the starting 11,too much money and not enough sense to use it wisely,i agree they will ruin a fair few players careers

I feel sorry for the likes of Cruz and Johnson etc.

they have to spend tho cos of the financial rules coming in, you cant spend more than you make or whatever :)

they need to get the best players asap to make the man city brand bigger to make more money for them to be able to spend in future seasons

how is his career going down the drain? This will strengthen city hugely, massively talented young forward has been pretty much carrying wolfsburg for the last two years. expect them to go 4-4-1-1, tevez playing a free role deep of Dzeko. Gutted hes at our rivals but cant wait to see him play

You have a great respect for other clubs and think positive. Respect to you man! I agree, i can't wait to see him play. And with Mancini as the manager, i trust he will get the best out of Dzeko.
He has done great signings so far and is building a team that is nice to watch. And i think that will be the case in the future too.

This is why i only watch Real Madrid games in La Liga, in EPL i watch much more teams playing.

Will be interesting to see if he will stay as prolific as he was in Germany. Seemed to maintain a good goal scoring record even when Wolfsburg have been going through the bad spells after there title win. However, he wasn't that impressive in either game for Wolfsburg when we played them last season in the Europa League. I'm sure given chances though, he will put most of them the way and City are the perfect provider for him because most of there wingers can deliver good crosses..

City literally play with 2 formations nowadays anyway,
4-3-3 For Johnson/Milner
4-3-1-2 To fit in the strikers with Tevez CF
Either way he wont change the midfield much and will sit 2 DM's behing Silva with Tevez Balo and Dzeko in front
Not 100 pct that will work due to Dzeko enjoying a cross but Mancinis very pro active and pragmatic
Glad this signing finally happened, been on the cards for two years. Wonder what this means for Mclarens future at Wolfsburg

what i really hope happens is city dont win anything they arent able to spend big buck on players becasue they arent making enough money. I would love to see dzeko make it big in the premiership but would **** my self if he broke his leg.

When do the rules that you can only spend what you make come in?
Because I think (providing Liverpool do now have the finances) that Liverpool will have to spend big this summer. Off topic i know, but sadly, much like City were, we've been left behind.

On Topic: Would be a good signing for City, but i can't see Mancini changing his setup tbh.

Looked incredibly average in both legs against Fulham last season tbh...............

A difference is that clubs like Manchester United and Arsenal have had a good foundation for years and only really add to their squad slowly, Manchester City have just got their foundation and are adding to it quickly in order to try to win the league.

Dont forget that City has a very good academy too. And ManU has a Huge debt. They got a pretty old squad too. with Giggs, Scholes, Neville, van der saar, who will soon retire. City has a pretty young squad now. And the likes of Boyata coming in.

ManU have some good youngsters too but i dont think bebe for example was worth his price tag, idk if he is going to be very good. So i dont see City being very much after them on that.

When do the rules that you can only spend what you make come in?
Because I think (providing Liverpool do now have the finances) that Liverpool will have to spend big this summer. Off topic i know, but sadly, much like City were, we've been left behind

try this for a read
http://www.nufcblog.com/2010/08/30/new-uefa-rules-end-total-anarchy-in-football-transfers-good/
they are being bought in gradually over a few years i think

"Owners of European football clubs will still be allowed to inject up to 15M euros (about £12.3M) each year into their clubs, but only for the next five years, and then 10M euros (about £8.2M) from 2015 until 2018, but that cannot be a loan, and after that we’re not sure what will happen. UEFA general secretary Gianni Infantino said they will monitor the progress of the new rules:
“In 2018 we will assess it and the objective is to go further down.” “It cannot be a loan however it must be a capital injection or donation.”
So it’s still true that benefactors such as Sheikh Mansour and Roman Abramovich (and Mike Ashley?) can still pour money into their clubs, but the amounts will be restricted."

seems man u mite be hit a bit cos of thier interest payments as they are taken into account as spending, so the glazers being bought out by a v.rich man might well help utd if they dont bring big debts

Last edited:
I hope they don't ruin him, I really do... I'm more worried about how he'll fit into the team though. Mancini won't like going 4-4-2, and Tevez won't like being shunted onto the wing.

Im hopin he changes it to a 4-3-2-1 with silva and tevez behind dzeko. only problem will be that there is little width so only a small amount of crosses goin into the box. The only other thing with this signing is that with tevez havin put in his request 2 leave, i can see him goin in the summer as dzeko bein his replacement

I have a feeling dzeko might do a robinho.

Good signing for city. All those saying it might ruin his career it won't. Everyone knows they have money to spend but they wouldn't pay 30m+ for a benchwarmer, and plus he gets to play alonside some world class talent.

Difference between Dzeko and Robinho is that Robinho can't do a job alone. He has to have people around him playing well.

Dzeko just needs a chance from anything and he'll take it. He's that kind of striker. He looked average against Fulham, but he scored against Manchester United in the UCL. He's an all round striker. He's a great signing for them, just gutted he's at City and not United.

Not that i'm doubting his credentials, but I swear he's played United a few times and only scored once in the game where Evra and Carrick were playing at centreback?

Man citys style probably suits having a guy like Dzeko, a big target like Adebayor but with alot more tricks in the bag. Only seen him play in games in the ucl and uefa cup but watched some youtube videos and he looks like he can score from anywhere. Reminds me a little of Larsson ^^)

But city definetly need more class in midfield, thier only standout player in the mid this season has been Adam Johnson