Man City agree fee to sign Dzeko

Hart
Richards Kompany K.Toure Kolarov
De Jong Y.Toure
Silva Tevez Balotelli
Dzeko

A fearsome, fearsome team.
'cept replace Kolarov with Zabaleta, who despite being a right back has played much better than the former in that position.

I can't see this being like Robinho, who was signed after floundering at Madrid merely as a statement of intent. Dzeko's a fantastic player and he offers more than just being a big man up front. He likes to run too, and a working partnership with Tevez would arguably become the best strikeforce in the world. Mancini won't try to change him, let's just hope he plays him.

Also I can't see Tevez, Dzeko and Balotelli playing together often unless the situation calls for it. Not sure it'd be a good idea to push Toure deeper in the form he's in.

got to say im actually a little embarrassed by some of the bitter united fans posting...

Im not bitter, im glad that the premiership is still attraacting some of the best and biggest names in world football, especially after the likes of Ronaldo going to real, and the likes of messi, xavi, iniesta looking like they will stay at barca for life.

As i said i would of loved to see dzeko at united, but the way fergie works, its more likely that you will see hazard or lukaku, young blood that can be taught the united way.

As for somebody saying you cant buy the premiership......and saying chelsea? Did chelsea buy it? i dont think so, they won it with mourinho in charge, Raneiri (another italian manager) was in charge when they got the money and he did nothing, yes mourinho spent money, alot of it, but it was justified, he got titles, the basis of his team is still there since he left and now they not winning titles, think that was more manager winning the league than money buying it alone. As has already been proved, man city have the money, but they had it last year and look how they finished, not even in the champions league. this year theyve hardly proved they have championship winning credentials, i personally think too many superstars at 1 place isnt good, but we'll see. Could be interesting odds on dzeko to be top scorer come end of season, 50/1 anyone lol?

There is yet again so much fool hardy bitterness on this forum it's almost disgusting. Can you not just be concerned about what is happening at your own clubs?

Just read back some of the comments on this thread. Some of you sound like a bunch of old women.

That OneUnited guy makes especially foolhardy bitter comments any time City are mentioned. Give it up mate. City are here to stat GET OVER IT! I wouldn't mind but there's no way he's ever been to Old Trafford in his life. An armchair fan who thinks he knows it all. I've grown up in Manchester my entire life with United fan Mancunian family and friends who talks less rubbish than he does.

Apparently Dzeko will "Ruin his career" by going to City. He'll be earning a fortune playing for a team second in the premier league level on points with United who will no doubt be playing CL football next year.

It's like saying United Ruined Nanis career because he was bought when they had Ronaldo and he spent most of hos time on the bench. But look at him now. Do people not understand that Mancini is buying top class young stars who will get better and better and indeed City will just keep getting better and better.

I appologise if that sounded like a bit of a rant as there are indeed some good sensible posters on this forum (Mike especially) but some here realy do need to engage their brains before they let their all too easily outraged selves type bollocks.

Dzeko will have a great career at City and will score a **** load of goals and more than anything else i think that's what the boo boys are most upset about.

what i really hope happens is city dont win anything they arent able to spend big buck on players becasue they arent making enough money. I would love to see dzeko make it big in the premiership but would **** my self if he broke his leg.

What an absolutely patheticly disgusting thing to say. And from a supposed Arsenal fan. I guess you ****** yourself at the Eduardo/Ramsey injuries too?

Last edited:
This is a pointless transfer for City, they don't even need him. Jo and Santa Cruz are perfectly adequate to play as back-up, and Adebayor is pretty decent as well. Just seems a bit of a waste of money considering the system City play with just Tevez up top. Be interesting to see how he fits in

You're going to make an argument about players being worth their price tags?

No i didin't mean it that way. I know Hughes made bad signings, but the Sheihk has cash to clean his mess... but because of Uniteds debt, i dont think it was very wise to spend 8mil on bebe, before even watching him play. And i have seen his Carling cup games and he doesn't look that good. I really hoped he could be like the new CR7 :p I still like united and especially CR.

This is a pointless transfer for City, they don't even need him. Jo and Santa Cruz are perfectly adequate to play as back-up, and Adebayor is pretty decent as well. Just seems a bit of a waste of money considering the system City play with just Tevez up top. Be interesting to see how he fits in

Mancini can see both of them training everyday. He can see that they aren't good enough/doesn't fit in his squad/doesn't work enough. I trust Mancinis judgement. He knows what he does and Dzeko will fit in well with Tevez. If Ade keeps fighting in training like he did today, i understand why Mancini doesn't want him.

Last edited:

Ofcourse we need him. Santa Cruise has been the biggest flop in the history of our club. Jo has been better this year but he will probably never be at the very highest standard which is where we need our players to be at. Adebayor has done nothing but bad mouth the club and the manager since Hughes left and there has never been any other option than to get rid of him. The mans a fool. He could be playing regular football with one of the best squads in the world but instead he will be shipped out to Serie A (A very poor league imo)

That leaves us with Balotelli and Teves as our only recognised strikers and Mario is more of an inside forward. So not only will the prolific Dzeko be an important player but he will infact be a vital part of our squad. Don't be suprised if we look to bring in another striker, A creative mid and cover for Kolarov at LB.

Don't be suprised if we look to bring in another striker, A creative mid and cover for Kolarov at LB.

I think zaba/richards are pretty good cover in LB. I think we need a good young CB partner for Kompany, idk if Boateng will be good enough. He could be used as backup anywhere in the defence.
And of course now when Viera retires at the end of the season, and barry getting older. We could need a midfielder or 2. But i doubt this all will happen this january.

Im not even sure if City are going to do any business (expect Dzeko) in january. Or is there some other rumours too?

I think zaba/richards are pretty good cover in LB. I think we need a good young CB partner for Kompany, idk if Boateng will be good enough. He could be used as backup anywhere in the defence.
And of course now when Viera retires at the end of the season, and barry getting older. We could need a midfielder or 2. But i doubt this all will happen this january.

Im not even sure if City are going to do any business (expect Dzeko) in january. Or is there some other rumours too?

Read this: http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=201449

This was posted a few weeks back on Bluemoon Forum by a guy called Tolmies Hairdoo. He is well known and respected there as somebody who has inside info with what goes down at MCFC. Indeed it was he who let us all know about the summer targets (Silver, Milner, Yaya etc) so when he posts things people know it's for real.

He says City will announce something this month which will be absolutely huge and will show just how powerfull the club is (Not the Dzeko deal but something MUCH bigger). It is also said that this "Something" will be a transfer and it is this which has convinced Tevez to stay.

There is yet again so much fool hardy bitterness on this forum it's almost disgusting. Can you not just be concerned about what is happening at your own clubs?
?

There just jealous of your money mate and because they cant have him they want him to fail at your club. I have to say i am glad he is joining City as he's a fab player aslong as he doesn't score against Arsenal :p

City fans coming on the site saying other supporters are sad etc but most city fans only support them for the cash

They dont seem to realise that for call their money, city have a limited window in which to use becuase of the FFF rules, they have to do their spending now. Because they wont have anywhere near the resources allowed under the incoming rules. Any club in their position would do the same. I expect one more signing, likely to be a top class creative MC/AMC

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

City fans coming on the site saying other supporters are sad etc but most city fans only support them for the cash
based on what? stop generalising its boring.

Read this: http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=201449
This was posted a few weeks back on Bluemoon Forum by a guy called Tolmies Hairdoo. He is well known and respected there as somebody who has inside info with what goes down at MCFC. Indeed it was he who let us all know about the summer targets (Silver, Milner, Yaya etc) so when he posts things people know it's for real.

He says City will announce something this month which will be absolutely huge and will show just how powerfull the club is (Not the Dzeko deal but something MUCH bigger). It is also said that this "Something" will be a transfer and it is this which has convinced Tevez to stay.

Very intresting! So there will probly be a couple of signings. BPL is just getting much more intresting! Maybe the deal is one that the media knows nothing about? Going to be a very intresting transfer window i guess :p

They dont seem to realise that for call their money, city have a limited window in which to use becuase of the FFF rules, they have to do their spending now. Because they wont have anywhere near the resources allowed under the incoming rules. Any club in their position would do the same. I expect one more signing, likely to be a top class creative MC/AMC

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

based on what? stop generalising its boring.

I have major doubts that the proposed FFF rules will ever see the light of day to be honest Mike and if they do they will be so full of loop holes it will be not worth implamenting. How exactly can you tell legitamte business men it's ok to buy a business but you are not allowed to spend money on improving it?

It's a desperate and imo pathetic ploy by the bigwigs in Uefa to maintain the Status Quo in Football and the only reason people aren't up in arms about it is because they are more upset about a Billionaires spending power.

You are either very young, taking the **** or you're a bit thick. A United fan accusing City fans of Glory hunting is so painfully Ironic you couldn't make it up... But indeed you did. City have one of the most loyal fan bases anywhere in any sport for **** sake oO)

he is a great talent but at city i can only see it being bad for his career.

personal opinion.

I have major doubts that the proposed FFF rules will ever see the light of day to be honest Mike and if they do they will be so full of loop holes it will be not worth implamenting. How exactly can you tell legitamte business men it's ok to buy a business but you are not allowed to spend money on improving it?

It's a desperate and imo pathetic ploy by the bigwigs in Uefa to maintain the Status Quo in Football and the only reason people aren't up in arms about it is because they are more upset about a Billionaires spending power.

You are either very young, taking the **** or you're a bit thick. A United fan accusing City fans of Glory hunting is so painfully Ironic you couldn't make it up... But indeed you did. City have one of the most loyal fan bases anywhere in any sport for **** sake oO)
they are already coming mate, and there a very few loopholes. trust me city are taking a big gamble,so far it looks like it will pay off.

Its no ploy, its been coming for a long time, before city got their shiekh

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

strongly recommend you read this http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2010...d-the-mountain-manchester-city-have-to-climb/

they are already coming mate, and there a very few loopholes. trust me city are taking a big gamble,so far it looks like it will pay off.

Its no ploy, its been coming for a long time, before city got their shiekh

Ye, we will see when it comes out. But the Sheikh knew about that before he took over. He is a intelligent man and im 100% sure he knows how to handle it. So people who think City will struggle with the rules, you are wrong.

City fans are gloryhunters?I dont think so.... I have heard that most people in manchester support city. Outside manchester the fan-base is much bigger for manU, but the City fanbase will only grow.

Income will increase when we reach CL, and the with stadium expansion... hopefully they offload swp, bridge, ade, cruz soon :p

Last edited:
Ye, we will see when it comes out. But the Sheikh knew about that before he took over. He is a intelligent man and im 100% sure he knows how to handle it. So people who think City will struggle with the rules, you are wrong.

City fans are gloryhunters?I dont think so.... I have heard that most people in manchester support city. Outside manchester the fan-base is much bigger for manU, but the City fanbase will only grow.

Income will increase when we reach CL, and the stadium expansion will begin.
what are you talking about, at no point have i said city fans are gloryhunters. its a gamble no matter how you look at it. whether he knew beforehand is irrelevant, its still the situation they are currently in