Man City agree fee to sign Dzeko

Man citys style probably suits having a guy like Dzeko, a big target like Adebayor but with alot more tricks in the bag. Only seen him play in games in the ucl and uefa cup but watched some youtube videos and he looks like he can score from anywhere. Reminds me a little of Larsson ^^)

But city definetly need more class in midfield, thier only standout player in the mid this season has been Adam Johnson
Yaya Toure?

I hope Dzeko does a robinho, dislike him now hes gone to city.

Unfortunately I fear he may be a very good signing so long as he gets the game time, he could form a devilish combination with Tevez. Could be a big differencemaker if he can keep up his goalscoring record.

As a united supported i am gutted to see yet another decent player going to eastlands, for dzeko though i think it is a great chance to truely prove himself as a great striker, one of the worlds best! i mean 86 goals in 144 appearances for wolfsburg, backed up with 18 goals in 31 international apperances, this guy isnt somebody they think can get better, he already got the credentials. I think manchini isnt the right manager for the player though and even city, with the wealth of talent they got at there disposal a italian manager with defensive minded principle isnt the way forward for city. they need to go 2 up top if dzeko is there, with tevez orchastrating that sort of free roll just behind dzeko, dragging defenders away and just being a hard working pest, i think milner and johnson need to be utilised as wingers, running at defenders and giving dzeko the service he needs to be a hit in the premiership, and i think they need to abandon these 2 dm's they have, or play with 3 defenders, i personally think barry is the most over-rated expensive flop of the past 3 years, villa must of been laughing when he went, play yaya and david silva in the centre.

the worst part of it all is united were ready to sign dzeko 2 years ago but were worried bout his lack of pace, fergie in you i always trust but i think u made a mistake there.

As for the rule change coming in, man city are still gona be in trouble, the proposed change means any club in debt cant play in europe. In sep[ blatters eyes a club is classed to be in debt if there out goings, eg wages maintenance etc is over there revenue, eg ticket sales merchandising etc. So although manchester city are never ever gona be in debt so to speak beacuse of the bank roll of millions from there shiek owner they are technically in debt because of the huge wages they have offered there stars, 8/11 of there starting 11 are on over 100k, with yaya in there on £248k a week and a few others on £170k there average starting line up wages is prob over 100k per player. so for them to not be classed as in debt there income from merchandising sales, and ticket income and sponsor ship is gona have to be huge.
On the contrast, the likes of united, barca who are heavily in debt are not classed as in debt because there merchandising is so high the world over, there ticket sales are enough to break the bank even, so although united are £800m in debt they are still turning over a profit in after paying wages.
whether this is what the final out come of the rule change will stay is is yet to be known, when they were first talking about it it wasnt gona be introduced until 2013/2014, so the plans could yet be changed

im getting tired of man city they keep spending

they are ruining football don you think?

Good old city keep spendin the cash then will look even better when u dont win anythin at end of season and united win league! Feel sorry for dzeko good player dont think he will play much coz tevez will start.

got to say im actually a little embarrassed by some of the bitter united fans posting...

im getting tired of man city they keep spending

they are ruining football don you think?

No, i dont think so? EPl is so competive that even if City keep spending....they can never be too good. There will always be competition in EPL.

As a Wolfsburg fan and from Wolfsburg. I find it disappointing that we lowered our value for Dzeko. We have a lot of money as well as we are owned by Volkswagen. We may have good players to take his place but not to his calibre. I am saddened by this and very ****** off about it.

Good signing for city. All those saying it might ruin his career it won't. Everyone knows they have money to spend but they wouldn't pay 30m+ for a benchwarmer, and plus he gets to play alonside some world class talent.
How much did lescott cost and money dont buy titles i agree tho will be playing against talent .

they are ruining it MIKE

No, they're not. In fact, they're making it more competitive, more of a spectacle. Better than a top 4 dominating every time, now we have a top tier of five or so teams with a second tier of another three all battling it our for European spots.

How much did lescott cost and money dont buy titles i agree tho will be playing against talent .

Lescott cost around 22 mil. So not 30. And money doesn't buy titles? Chelsea? Yeah, thought so.

As a Wolfsburg fan and from Wolfsburg. I find it disappointing that we lowered our value for Dzeko. We have a lot of money as well as we are owned by Volkswagen. We may have good players to take his place but not to his calibre. I am saddened by this and very ****** off about it.

Feel sorry for you, he's a supreme talent and £24 mil is a bit low in comparison to people like Robinho and Lescott

Dont forget that City has a very good academy too. And ManU has a Huge debt. They got a pretty old squad too. with Giggs, Scholes, Neville, van der saar, who will soon retire. City has a pretty young squad now. And the likes of Boyata coming in.

ManU have some good youngsters too but i dont think bebe for example was worth his price tag, idk if he is going to be very good. So i dont see City being very much after them on that.

You're going to make an argument about players being worth their price tags? Neville rarely plays anyway, and Rafael is class at right back anyway. There's funds in the bank for Fergie to spend on rejuvenating the side with young blood for his successor to carry on, so while we may have debt we should (hopefully) be able to carry on as a major force for some time. Also, the Glazers will hopefully eventually be gone.

Rarely watch Bundesliga so looking forward to seeing Dzeko strut his stuff in our league, even if it has to be at City. Hopefully he doesn't live up to the FM hype, but his goals record for Wolfsburg makes me think this is just false hope. :mad:

I really do hope that he gets played every game @ City. Otherwise it's a waste of a fantastic player.

Would have loved to see Dzeko at Man Utd.

Rafael will be an outstanding Right Back.

Look forward to seeing his enormous talents in the PL, even if it is in a city shirt :/ The jealous fans on this thread is laughable

Personally i cant seem him doing that well in Citys 4-3-3 formation as a lone striker but we'll see.

Again a quality signing from city.
The only thing they have to do is get rid of adebayor....

Wonder how they'll line up now? Can't see them playing 2 upfront and Dzeko shouldn't be sitting on the bench so maybe they'll go:

Silva-----Tevez-----Balotelli
----------Dzeko-----------------​

Your talking about Hughes signings. Mancini would never pay that much, if he didin't know that this guy is really worth it. People thought that Silva would be a flop for 20m+.... but he is 1 of citys best players.

Wonder how they'll line up now? Can't see them playing 2 upfront and Dzeko shouldn't be sitting on the bench so maybe they'll go:

Silva-----Tevez-----Balotelli
----------Dzeko-----------------​

Hart
Richards Kompany K.Toure Kolarov
De Jong Y.Toure
Silva Tevez Balotelli
Dzeko

A fearsome, fearsome team.