Man City agree fee to sign Dzeko

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini says they have agreed a deal with German side Wolfsburg to sign Bosnian international Edin Dzeko.

More...

If Adebayor is causing unrest, which I guess he must be, then selling him and buying Dzeko seems a good idea.

Mancini has been playing one up top though so, where does that leave Tevez?

****. Just makes them even stronger.

I hope they don't ruin him, I really do... I'm more worried about how he'll fit into the team though. Mancini won't like going 4-4-2, and Tevez won't like being shunted onto the wing.

I hope they don't ruin him, I really do... I'm more worried about how he'll fit into the team though. Mancini won't like going 4-4-2, and Tevez won't like being shunted onto the wing.

im hoping he will drop tevez back a little and play him behind dzeko

The transfer rumour thread people?

Looking forward to seeing him in the Premiership, but really hope he doesn't end up getting frozen out, far too young and looks to have too much potential to not be playing in the first team week in week out.

hopefully Mancini does something about his system so that Dzeko plays consistent football, his talent is enormous and he deserves to play week in and week out just hope they dont **** up with his career, he has got alot of potential

****. I honestly believe Dzeko is one of the most talented young strikers of his generation. Would have loved to see him in a Spurs shirt when he left Wolfsburg.

Ah well, could see it coming since last summer. He'll be a great asset to an already talent-filled squad.

If Dzeko plays like he did for me on FM then city will be awesome
damm! :/

dzeko's career's going down the drain :/
how is his career going down the drain? This will strengthen city hugely, massively talented young forward has been pretty much carrying wolfsburg for the last two years. expect them to go 4-4-1-1, tevez playing a free role deep of Dzeko. Gutted hes at our rivals but cant wait to see him play

to fit him in and not let him waste away they would have to go 2 up top or play tevez in behind dzeko kinda? tevez would be wasted on the wing, they should both be filling central roles and playing every game imo

Maybe it's just me but City are getting frustrating. Sure they have money and are entitled to spend it. But what is the point of Man U, Spurs, Arsenal etc going in the market looking for bargains/young blood to fill positions (eg Chamakh, VdV, Chicarito) when City just pull out the cheque book and fire 20/30/40 million at a player and still have enough to sign Lionel Messi.

Maybe it's just me but City are getting frustrating. Sure they have money and are entitled to spend it. But what is the point of Man U, Spurs, Arsenal etc going in the market looking for bargains/young blood to fill positions (eg Chamakh, VdV, Chicarito) when City just pull out the cheque book and fire 20/30/40 million at a player and still have enough to sign Lionel Messi.
does it matter though? this is exactly what chelsea did a few years back, and it hasnt got them far away from everyone like everyone said it would. and the uk squad rules mean they cant have an advantge over anyone else for not having enough youth?

Fairplay to City, Dzeko is a very good player and needs to step up to a top league if he's going to become one of the world's greatest.

dzeko's career's going down the drain :/

Yes because it's better for him to stay at a club who are struggling to even get a point than it is for him to go and play alongside and against some of the best players in the world? Good logic.

Last edited:
Just because they got money, dosent mean they will win the league, HibernianBoy, They have to gell 1st.

Just because they got money, dosent mean they will win the league, HibernianBoy, They have to gell 1st.
i think they are gelling pretty fine. they just need to be more agressive at home

A difference is that clubs like Manchester United and Arsenal have had a good foundation for years and only really add to their squad slowly, Manchester City have just got their foundation and are adding to it quickly in order to try to win the league.