Man City move for striker Dzeko

Why wouldn't Dzeko or anybody else want to sign for us?
He wouldn't because:
1. Because your a team that tries to buys success rather than one that earns it - I hope Dzeko's ambition is greater than this.
2. Because Man City is not a team, rather a group of egos.

I do hope Dzekos does not make the mistake of being lured by the money.

Because your 'team' ruins players careers, and he could go to a bigger and better team, already in the champions league.

Look at Adebayor, Santa Cruz, A.Johnson and co. theyve all been bought for big money and promised a place, and then a new and better player becomes available and then theyve been replaced.

And you 'destroyed' an extremely poor Villa side lacking in confidence and with several injuries, with 2 penalties, hardly a battering.

Wouldn't call 7million for Johnson big money. He is a terrific young player and I am sure he will get his chance in the future.

Wouldn't call 7million for Johnson big money. He is a terrific young player and I am sure he will get his chance in the future.

Lot of money to pay for a fairly inexperienced young winger from a championship team to go and sit on the bench.

Lot of money to pay for a fairly inexperienced young winger from a championship team to go and sit on the bench.

he hasn't just 'sat on the bench'

he has played well, and is a terrific impact player. he would get into most EPL teams, and you don't earn your england call up, by sitting on the bench.

Have you never heard of squad football. City have the strongest squad in the league and we will use it as we see fit. That's why we could rest Tevez, Barry, Boateng, Kolarov etc yesterday because our strength in depth is awesome. Milner gets plenty of football mate. Where are you coming from?

Ofcourse Dzeko is going to City. Are you suprised. This has been on the cards for a long time. And why on earth would moving to City ruin his career? He will earn a fortune at a club who might win the league and is bound to be in the CL next year.

That will give us Tevez, Balotelli, Dzeko, Jo as our four strikers (Jo knows he is a bench warmer, Santa Cruiz and Ade are going) So how does that equate in a bad move for Dzeko. The blatant Anti Man City sentiment on this forum is a bit sad simply because it's the done thing to bash City right now. But Envy is a sad beast and y'all should know better.

Did you see how we destroyed Villa yesterday? We are starting to Gel at just the right time. Why wouldn't Dzeko or anybody else want to sign for us?

your so-called " team " ruin players' careers. as simple as that. milner was poised for greatness but ur " club " bought him and left him to rot. man city will never be a great club because man city is a collection of mercenaries, not like other teams like barca, man utd and arsenal who are more family than co-workers.

he hasn't just 'sat on the bench'

he has played well, and is a terrific impact player. he would get into most EPL teams, and you don't earn your england call up, by sitting on the bench.

Yes, he started off for them playing every game, then after a couple dodgy performances got pushed onto the bench and is now limited to substitution appearences, and even though he does very well he still doesnt start

Yes, he started off for them playing every game, then after a couple dodgy performances got pushed onto the bench and is now limited to substitution appearences, and even though he does very well he still doesnt start

yeah but he's a good prospect and the fact he's near the starting XI is a good thing. The price doesn't mean anything to City, so don't really think about that.

He wouldn't because:
1. Because your a team that tries to buys success rather than one that earns it - I hope Dzeko's ambition is greater than this.
2. Because Man City is not a team, rather a group of egos.

I do hope Dzekos does not make the mistake of being lured by the money.

1. Leeds tried to do exactly the same thing as City. They borrowed a **** load of money (Un earned) and gambled that they would do better than they did but they fell to ****. Don't be such a hypocrite.

It amuses me how this City bashing that goes around the nation rears it's ugly head on every single forum. When you are iccle old City doing nothing in the championship you're everybodys favourite underdogs. But now we are a threat every body hates us. How very predictable you all are.

2. It's also amusing how you all know so much about my club who i have supported my entire life. Yet when i say team spirit is great nobody believes me. The whole Tevez thing was simply bad advice from an agent looking for a pay day. City are an unstoppable force and y'all better get used to it. You casn spit your dummies out as much as you all want it will change **** all.

This. You play well, you start. End of.
But Man City have so many players who can play well but are not given a chance to. All they do is rot on the bench and travel with the team watching Mario Balotelli and his screwed up hat.

blakefish80 vs the world :p

face the fact, ur team was once a good " team ", now its a army for hire. what u did to ur BEST player and life long supported steven ireland is disgusting :S . u left him out in the cold and stabbed him in the back :S

blackpool > man city IMO ;)

Man City can buy all the players they want and they still won't win the league
1 Man Utd
2 Arsenal
3 Man City
4 Tottenham
Thats how the league will finish

tbh, if arsenal is a training center. then city is a retirement home. :p

Lol, I'm really looking forward to the clubs inevitable break down now. Too many players is ******* them up, and it's not sustainable.

People take it easy. If Mancini buys him he will be a useful member. Mancini has done smart buys while at City. And he is a good manager who has been a succesfull player and manager with high reputation, unlike Hughes.
Hughes made the bad buys with Jo, Ade, Cruz. And Mancini will offload them trust me.
This is the only club that can afford him at the moment so be happy :D He is moving to premier league!

I trust in Manicini and he knows how to use his players. He is building a succesfull team.
Mancini is hopefully finding a way to offload Wayne Bridge and SWP too hopefully. Cant believe Hughes actually made that bad buys.

Last edited:

face the fact, ur team was once a good " team ", now its a army for hire. what u did to ur BEST player and life long supported steven ireland is disgusting :S . u left him out in the cold and stabbed him in the back :S

How many City games have you been to in the last 7 years? i saw every game Stephan Ireland played for City LIVE and 90% of the time he was the most infuriating player i have ever seen. He was all hype and we knew it. He had one great season but his problem is he simply can't be arsed for the majority of the time. So we sold him in exchange for Milner. Good business in my book.

As i say don't presume to tell me about my club. The majority of people on this board might have mixed loyalties supporting 3 or 4 clubs each (wtf is that all about by the way?) but i have been City all my life and i know exactly what is happening here.

To say Jono and Milner are wasting their careers is laughably stupid. Especialy when they both had excellent games yesterday. Milner was the man of the match against Newcastle a couple of days ago too. We have a great squad and players will need to be patient but believe me they understand that. These lads have huge careers ahead of them at City. Don't be so jelous of our strength in depth.

So please just think about what you guys type. Do your homework in regards to what is realy happening at City rather than taking the lazy route of believing what the media says and what you want to believe.

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Man City can buy all the players they want and they still won't win the league
1 Man Utd
2 Arsenal
3 Man City
4 Tottenham
Thats how the league will finish

I agree with that. But to say we WONT win the league? We simply don't know that and so we cannot say for sure. But i very much doubt we will. Your top 4 looks about right though. I reckon Spurs could finish above Chelsea but again things are so tight you just don't know.

How many City games have you been to in the last 7 years? i saw every game Stephan Ireland played for City LIVE and 90% of the time he was the most infuriating player i have ever seen. He was all hype and we knew it. He had one great season but his problem is he simply can't be arsed for the majority of the time. So we sold him in exchange for Milner. Good business in my book.

As i say don't presume to tell me about my club. The majority of people on this board might have mixed loyalties supporting 3 or 4 clubs each (wtf is that all about by the way?) but i have been City all my life and i know exactly what is happening here.

To say Jono and Milner are wasting their careers is laughably stupid. Especialy when they both had excellent games yesterday. Milner was the man of the match against Newcastle a couple of days ago too. We have a great squad and players will need to be patient but believe me they understand that. These lads have huge careers ahead of them at City. Don't be so jelous of our strength in depth.

So please just think about what you guys type. Do your homework in regards to what is realy happening at City rather than taking the lazy route of believing what the media says and what you want to believe.

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

I agree with that. But to say we WONT win the league? We simply don't know that and so we cannot say for sure. But i very much doubt we will. Your top 4 looks about right though. I reckon Spurs could finish above Chelsea but again things are so tight you just don't know.

Ok.......

What about what you guys did to Bellamy,Santa Cruz and Jo?

Ah dam it. Defiantly the wrong move to make but don't think anyone will match City's bid. :S

And who would want to? £34 million is a **** of a lot, How much did Man Utd pay for Chicarito (sp). I'd bet on him getting more in the second half of the season than Dzeko if he goes to City

Man, do you know who Ireland is? he is at the moment sitting on Aston Villas bench and being sold after just 6 months spell in the club? You know why? because he doesn't work enough. he might have been Citys best players a few years ago when they were rubbish. But not anymore.
And about Milner... he is being rotated and he has played many games. Mancini uses allways the lineup that is at the moment the best. he isin't starting him just because he had a huge price tag.

Milner was Villas best player, but when you come to City it's different. Milner knew that they wouldn't rely on him like Villa did. Look at Villa now...Milner is a useful player at City.

What you're doing is NOT sustainable, once your daddy leaves, as he will, the players still there on, what? 100/200K ....guess what happens next...