Man City v Man Utd Saturday 17:15 KO ITV1

Who will win the Semi Final?

• Total voters
Hes blates been the footballer ******** that Imogen Thomas!

Haha could you imagine. My money is on Stevie G, just because their has been lots of storys going around about him for a while so ones bound to be true lol.

I've just got back from the game, and as a Liverpool fan who's just been say with 40,000+ United fans it's kinda like the law for me to now sit here and insult them, but I can't.. I'm actually pretty shocked about the United fans, they were pretty amazing if I'm going to be honest, got behind the team even when City got there goal. Where loud all game (singing the same ****** song). I was impressed by them.

But the City fans today were just outstanding I thought, never shut up! And they ALL seemed to be in a City top, there were buzzing!

Overall tho, amazing atmosphere! Good game, and the outcome I'd have liked :)

I've just got back from the game, and as a Liverpool fan who's just been say with 40,000+ United fans it's kinda like the law for me to now sit here and insult them, but I can't.. I'm actually pretty shocked about the United fans, they were pretty amazing if I'm going to be honest, got behind the team even when City got there goal. Where loud all game (singing the same ****** song). I was impressed by them.

But the City fans today were just outstanding I thought, never shut up! And they ALL seemed to be in a City top, there were buzzing!

Overall tho, amazing atmosphere! Good game, and the outcome I'd have liked :)

the ones that you saw werent the day trippers that come to old trafford thats why, they were the proper fans, most of that will be those who hit every away game too

Wrong outcome, city deserved it though

I havent bothered reading the thread, but here is my view on the match, the incidents and the whole lot.

First off all well played City, brilliant performance, and when Joe always goes on about Kompany being the 2nd best defender in the league only behind Vidic... I know understand why. Well played sir indeed.

Any Utd fan pointing to Berbas misses as a reason why we should of won/ gone through. Behave yourselfs. We had 2 real chances with in 2 minutes of each other. that was it.

Now Scholes tackle was late, but not malious. I think a yellow would of been in order. He eyes where fixed on the ball, and it was taken away just to soon, The Fact ITV never re-shown in at full speed ****** me offf Big time.

Carrick, what is it with this bloke, 1 step forward, 2 steps back with this guy... just sell him fergie.

The end ****.. Handbags away ladies please....

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Anyone else think Ferguson's substitutions were poor ones?

How do you think.. Valencia spent 6 months out inly 3 weeks ago, likely to need a break. Anderson was forced on due to the red card, otherwise we would of played with 1 cm v toure, de jong and Gareth Aids Barry. and Fabio came on to play RW, whilst Nani went central for the last 7 or 8 minutes. The only shame is Berba had to come off for me. As Lescott looked shaky most of the game and would of liked to see him under more pressure with 2 upfront.

I havent bothered reading the thread, but here is my view on the match, the incidents and the whole lot.

First off all well played City, brilliant performance, and when Joe always goes on about Kompany being the 2nd best defender in the league only behind Vidic... I know understand why. Well played sir indeed.

Any Utd fan pointing to Berbas misses as a reason why we should of won/ gone through. Behave yourselfs. We had 2 real chances with in 2 minutes of each other. that was it.

Now Scholes tackle was late, but not malious. I think a yellow would of been in order. He eyes where fixed on the ball, and it was taken away just to soon, The Fact ITV never re-shown in at full speed ****** me offf Big time.

Carrick, what is it with this bloke, 1 step forward, 2 steps back with this guy... just sell him fergie.

The end ****.. Handbags away ladies please....

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

How do you think.. Valencia spent 6 months out inly 3 weeks ago, likely to need a break. Anderson was forced on due to the red card, otherwise we would of played with 1 cm v toure, de jong and Gareth Aids Barry. and Fabio came on to play RW, whilst Nani went central for the last 7 or 8 minutes. The only shame is Berba had to come off for me. As Lescott looked shaky most of the game and would of liked to see him under more pressure with 2 upfront.

I see your point but the intent is irrelivent. It was a shocking challenge and a red card was the only option and the right one without a dout, plus he has form which dosent help. I think someone summed it up earlier in the thread if that was De Jong then people would be going crazy about it.

I see your point but the intent is irrelivent. It was a shocking challenge and a red card was the only option and the right one without a dout, plus he has form which dosent help. I think someone summed it up earlier in the thread if that was De Jong then people would be going crazy about it.

And we have seen a lot worse not punished... the fact he has form should not count against him, In full speed he was late not high or dangerous, it looked alot worse slower...

And we have seen a lot worse not punished... the fact he has form should not count against him, In full speed he was late not high or dangerous, it looked alot worse slower...

It did but Scholes isent stupid and he knows whats he is doing. No protest from him or your manager confirms for me it was the right decision. Yes we have seen alot worse but that dosent mean we shouldnt punish these because of that.

Be interesting to see how City handle Stoke in the Final. No-one can say Stoke are anti-football today being 3-0 up already. Absolute slaughter so far. If I was City I'd be wary

He was studs up, above the knee, and failed to make contact with the ball.

How isn't it a red, out of interest?

He was studs up, above the knee, and failed to make contact with the ball.

How isn't it a red, out of interest?

The Ball was bouncing and rising, The only way he could get near the ball was with his studs showing, The ball was that high, making in above the knee, he never targetted that region in the slightest. He was slightly late. If he would of got the ball we would of been talking about what a great challenge he made, rather then what an awful tackle, do we really send someone off for being a split secoud too slow.

The Ball was bouncing and rising, The only way he could get near the ball was with his studs showing, The ball was that high, making in above the knee, he never targetted that region in the slightest. He was slightly late. If he would of got the ball we would of been talking about what a great challenge he made, rather then what an awful tackle, do we really send someone off for being a split secoud too slow.

He wasn't close enough to the ball to deem it 'A split second too slow' at all. He had time to adjust his foot so it wasn't his studs that would go straight into his thigh, yet failed to do this, that makes it a reckless, dangerous challenge that could have ended up much worse than it did thankfully. A definite red card offence.

He wasn't close enough to the ball to deem it 'A split second too slow' at all. He had time to adjust his foot so it wasn't his studs that would go straight into his thigh, yet failed to do this, that makes it a reckless, dangerous challenge that could have ended up much worse than it did thankfully. A definite red card offence.

He was close enough to be only a split second away, watch it at full pace, i know ITV only showed this once, but you can see how close he is, he is maginally late on a bouncing 50/50. Football is a contact spot, things like this can happen, people should get on with it.

He was close enough to be only a split second away, watch it at full pace, i know ITV only showed this once, but you can see how close he is, he is maginally late on a bouncing 50/50. Football is a contact spot, things like this can happen, people should get on with it.

Things like this can happen, sure. Scholes took the risk of going in like he did, knowing fully that if it went wrong then he would be in trouble.

He took the chance and it didn't work. Just because Football is a contact sport, it doesn't mean studs to the thighs shouldn't be punished with a sending off, even if there isn't malicious intent.

Things like this can happen, sure. Scholes took the risk of going in like he did, knowing fully that if it went wrong then he would be in trouble.

He took the chance and it didn't work. Just because Football is a contact sport, it doesn't mean studs to the thighs shouldn't be punished with a sending off, even if there isn't malicious intent.

The Studs to the thig was never his intention. The ball was that high, he had to move his foot like that to get any contact on it, it is impossible to reach that high side foot on. So he went to tackle the ball, eyees fixed on the ball. Zab was too quick for him, it happens, Yellow card for making contact, but not a red as it is accidental contact. I generally think if it wasnt a player known for fouling the ref wouldnt of sent him off, but as Scholes has form he got sent off.

The Studs to the thig was never his intention. The ball was that high, he had to move his foot like that to get any contact on it, it is impossible to reach that high side foot on. So he went to tackle the ball, eyees fixed on the ball. Zab was too quick for him, it happens, Yellow card for making contact, but not a red as it is accidental contact.

Accidental collisions get red cards all the time, and rightfully so. Accidental or not, it was very dangerous and so he had to be punished with the red card. If those challenges were yellow card offences they would so much more common in the game right now.

Scott said:
I generally think if it wasnt a player known for fouling the ref wouldnt of sent him off, but as Scholes has form he got sent off.

And I think you're wrong, but we'll agree to disagree apparently.

Hmmm, may as well make my comments on the match.

Obviously gutted, when you travel to Wembley you always want to see your team win especially when it is against City. Think City deserved their win, they were up for it more. After the initial 30mins they dominated the game. Think man of the match was easily Toure, not only for his goal but the way he controlled the midfield. Excellent going forward and tracking back, City have a great player on their books. Scholes, think it was a red card but will admit when I saw it real time I didn't think it was a red card but looking back when you foot is that high and you have your studs if you miss the ball you are always going to be in trouble. If Berbatov took his chances then it could have been completely different. Ah well, disappointing result but have no real complaints.

Quick comment on us United fans and the City fans.

Some fans (guess can same can be said for a minority of all football fans) are complete and utter wankers. Walking back had at least 5 groups of City fans come up to us and sing about Munich then the idiotic United fans think that is an excuse to start fights on every City fans they see whether it is a 90 year old man or 15 year old boy. Of course it is wrong for City fans to wear t shirts about disasters such as Munich but they do that to get a reaction and that is what they got. Saw a lot of trouble on the day (Been to quite a lot of matches when there has been trouble notably Roma away in 2007) and the police didn't help. Saw police tackling City fans for what seemed no reason. Some football fans are complete dicks is pretty much what I want to say, City fans no need to bring Munich into it and some of our fans need to learn to accept defeat and don't react to the mindless idiots who use disasters such as Munich against other fans. Both as bad as each other.

Disappointing day out I guess, always want your side to win at Wembley but hopefully be back their for Champions league final.

Hmmm, may as well make my comments on the match.

Obviously gutted, when you travel to Wembley you always want to see your team win especially when it is against City. Think City deserved their win, they were up for it more. After the initial 30mins they dominated the game. Think man of the match was easily Toure, not only for his goal but the way he controlled the midfield. Excellent going forward and tracking back, City have a great player on their books. Scholes, think it was a red card but will admit when I saw it real time I didn't think it was a red card but looking back when you foot is that high and you have your studs if you miss the ball you are always going to be in trouble. If Berbatov took his chances then it could have been completely different. Ah well, disappointing result but have no real complaints.

Quick comment on us United fans and the City fans.

Some fans (guess can same can be said for a minority of all football fans) are complete and utter wankers. Walking back had at least 5 groups of City fans come up to us and sing about Munich then the idiotic United fans think that is an excuse to start fights on every City fans they see whether it is a 90 year old man or 15 year old boy. Of course it is wrong for City fans to wear t shirts about disasters such as Munich but they do that to get a reaction and that is what they got. Saw a lot of trouble on the day (Been to quite a lot of matches when there has been trouble notably Roma away in 2007) and the police didn't help. Saw police tackling City fans for what seemed no reason. Some football fans are complete dicks is pretty much what I want to say, City fans no need to bring Munich into it and some of our fans need to learn to accept defeat and don't react to the mindless idiots who use disasters such as Munich against other fans. Both as bad as each other.

Disappointing day out I guess, always want your side to win at Wembley but hopefully be back their for Champions league final.

Animal instinct I'm afraid. The urge to act like a common thug, and as a result, more tar gets brushed over the real fans. The real fans who go to watch an entertaining game of football, and respect other fans, and not be a bunch of complete, and utter anamilistic scumbags. However, after seeing the tributes at the Arsenal v Liverpool match, and the Hillsborough tribute, it gives a crumb of comfort and hope for the future, and hope that soon these bastards will be banned from football ever.

***** sake how can you even argue that it wasn't a red!!

Refs cant see the game in slow motion. Otherwise Chris Cohen wouldnt have got sent against Leeds the other week. He actually won the ball in that challenge but still got sent due to the force he went in at, and that looks a lot less worse in slow motion - you can see him clearly win the ball but he went in off the ground. Scholes just kicked Zabaleta and he was about four feet off the ground, straight red.

By the way, just saw Zabaleta's leg after the challenge on TV, you could see the mark left by the studs, two cuts and some blood, probably made it easier for the ref to decide.