Man City v Man Utd Saturday 17:15 KO ITV1

Who will win the Semi Final?

• Total voters
BTW...ITV are disgrace when they showed Rooneys face all the time. Really hated it!

ITV is a channel who's programing, particularly football coverage, is aimed at your typical 'Sun' reader; no subtlety required, no imagination, all sensationalism. Tyldesley is a man u supporting gimp.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Anyone else think Ferguson's substitutions were poor ones?

Yes, thankfully.

tbf I enjoy ITV coverage when they have Townsend and Southgate. They know what they're talking about. Btw, I don't read the Sun. It's Talksport bias cause of Townsend being on there lol. And I rate the guy

Couldn't care less about Uniteds past success. And you called me glory hunter.....

Tevez is not our best player for me. Silva, De Jong, Kompany...and maybe even Yaya. Those are players i rate more and would want to stay in the team instead of Tevez.

Also..Tevez is so greedy and will probly leave in the summer. Dzeko and Balo will then get more playing time in the central striker role and Alexis Sanchez is touted to replace Tevez.

And Sanchez would fit much better than Tevez in the same line-up with Balo and Dzeko...

You sir, are idiot. Just because some team have history, doesnt mean all their fans are glory hunters. I dislike Tevez more than anyone but he is your best player by far.

tbf I enjoy ITV coverage when they have Townsend and Southgate. They know what they're talking about. Btw, I don't read the Sun. It's Talksport bias cause of Townsend being on there lol. And I rate the guy

Yeah, those two are ok - but you don't hear enough of their analysis, given ITV's 'Don't let the entertainment get in the way of the advertising breaks' policy.

Yeah, those two are ok - but you don't hear enough of their analysis, given ITV's 'Don't let the entertainment get in the way of the advertising breaks' policy.

That's why I think they're better used on Sky Sports. Unfortunately though I'd be starved of decent analysis as the missus won't get Sky Sports :'(. And at times the BBC coverage is pretty much pants sometimes

One thing i have noticed though. There is a reason Ferguson dosent start Berbatov when all Berba, Rooney and Hernandez are fit/available. When things arnt going Utd's way you cannot rely on Berba, but you can rely on Rooney to lift the crowd with a tackle/bit of skill/40-50yard ball and you can rely on Hernandez to finish a chance out of nothing. Its wierd to think that more than likely the golden boot winner this season has been shunted to the bench but its a call Fergie has got correct for me. What do you Utd fans think about this?

I think this is right. Its a tough call and I do feel sorry for Berbatov, but he is not always the game changer you are looking for when you are down. If Rooney was there today, I'd reckon we would have made a better fist of it at the end.

time gets wasted with Chiles and his retarded comments. 'If there's one thing you have to give United fans today, it's that they're very fast at leaving the stadium' wtf has that got to do with anything Adrian?!

That's why I think they're better used on Sky Sports. Unfortunately though I'd be starved of decent analysis as the missus won't get Sky Sports :'(. And at times the BBC coverage is pretty much pants sometimes

Bad karma re Sky Sports denied story.

The BBC are 10 times better than ITV in their footy coverage if only because it's continuous. They do need newer, fresher & more professional pundits though for certain. Jocky & Lawro's 'witty' back & forth is at times embarrasing.

time gets wasted with Chiles and his retarded comments. 'If there's one thing you have to give United fans today, it's that they're very fast at leaving the stadium' wtf has that got to do with anything Adrian?!

Sigh. I quite like Chiles on the football, mainly because he isn't as drab/boring as many ex footballers and commentators.

At the end of the day, if Berbatov hadn't missed that sitter in the first half, united would have won. It's just the fact they were incapable of finishing any chances that City grew with confidence and actually started attacking in the second half.

Bad karma re Sky Sports denied story.

The BBC are 10 times better than ITV in their footy coverage if only because it's continuous. They do need newer, fresher & more professional pundits though for certain. Jocky & Lawro's 'witty' back & forth is at times embarrasing.

Thats what I meant aye. Tbh I'd use stronger words than embarrasing lol. On the plus side though with the beeb, managed to catch some cracking live Championship games. Bit OT I know, but had to compliment them somewhere lol

A bitter, anti-man u, WBA (or whoever) supporter perhaps ? You're right - he should stick to the football featured with his comments.

Sigh. I quite like Chiles on the football, mainly because he isn't as drab/boring as many ex footballers and commentators.

At the end of the day, if Berbatov hadn't missed that sitter in the first half, united would have won. It's just the fact they were incapable of finishing any chances that City grew with confidence and actually started attacking in the second half.

Pretty much. It's the smallest things that cost them the game unfortunately. I suspect Berba and Carrick are going to have a sleepless night unfortunately.

people keeping saying he should have started hernandez, but the requires two men up front which puts you 3 vs 2 in midfield. not a good idea with scholes and carrick
I get where you're coming from, but why not play through balls to Hernandez, with only 1 up front?

Rio over reacted but Balotelli was his usual douchebag self
What happened, I didn't see it as I went to have my tea after the whistle.

Brilliant performance. Couldnt pick out one bad performance. Yaya Toure, Kompany, Barry, De Jong and Balotelli were all brilliant. Same with Zabaleta really and kolarov provided nice width and i was delighted.

Scholes tackle was horrific, if de jong did it the media would be all over him, great player but an absolute thug sometimes.
How biased can you be? As said by Mike., Scholes' challenge was one of his worse ones but De Jong just takes people out. Ben Arfa was injured for a couple of months with a broken leg, for God's sake, Zabaleta only had a cut on his leg and could still play on. Grow up.

Citeh Citeh Citeh!

Kompany was man of the match for me. United looked lost for ideas without Wayne Rooney. Fantastic assist by Carrick also!

A match between two teams I dislike, pretty awkard. But I guess the stronger teams must let the weaker ones win now and then.

Didn't watch the game because I thought it would be really one-sided (didn't think ManCity had a chance without Tevez), now I'm kind of disappointed, would have been cool to see the celebration and all. From a neutral's perspective, was it a good game? Did I miss much? I bet ManCity chokes in the final though.

Do you guys think ManCity getting creamed by Liverpool on Monday helped their chances here? Fired them up for this game since they had to respond? It's funny how sports work like that...sometimes it's good to have a bad loss right before the game because it motivates and possibly makes you opponents underestimate you.

Honestly I think this is a good thing for ManU though. It's the FA Cup, it's not that important, and this allows them to focus on the league and Champions League and it will make them more hungry for those trophies. Also, overconfidence possibly could have been an issue for them, which would hurt their chances in the Champions League final. But that definitely won't be an issue now. ManU will redouble their efforts and take the double.

I'm just ****** because I had to miss the Independiente derby and missed the first half of El Superclasico. Since I want to watch the whole thing I'm going to have to put it all off until Monday (no time tomorrow)...the suspense is killing me.

Last edited:
Either being rested for Newcastle on Tuesday or it's to do with the rumours of an affair. I imagine he's being rested due to playing a lot recently.

Hes blates been the footballer ******** that Imogen Thomas!

Didn't watch the game because I thought it would be really one-sided (didn't think ManCity had a chance without Tevez), now I'm kind of disappointed, would have been cool to see the celebration and all. From a neutral's perspective, was it a good game? Did I miss much? I bet ManCity chokes in the final though.

Do you guys think ManCity getting creamed by Liverpool on Monday helped their chances here? Fired them up for this game since they had to respond? It's funny how sports work like that...sometimes it's good to have a bad loss right before the game because it motivates and possibly makes you opponents underestimate you.

Honestly I think this is a good thing for ManU though. It's the FA Cup, it's not that important, and this allows them to focus on the league and Champions League and it will make them more hungry for those trophies. Also, overconfidence possibly could have been an issue for them, which would hurt their chances in the Champions League final. But that definitely won't be an issue now. ManU will redouble their efforts and take the double.

I'm just ****** because I had to miss the Independiente derby and missed the first half of El Superclasico. Since I want to watch the whole thing I'm going to have to put it all off until Monday (no time tomorrow)...the suspense is killing me.

Nope it wasn't, City set up defensively but ultimately it was an efficent performance. Berbatov missed two good chances before City scored, and United made some silly substitutions. City set up for a 0-0 and to try look in penalties, once they scored they defended valiently.

What happened, I didn't see it as I went to have my tea after the whistle.
Basically end of the match you know Rio is going to be ****** about losing to city so Balotelli just winked at him to wind him up and get a reaction, which he did. Rio over reacted but Balotelli was just being his usual douchebag self and just something completly unneeded.

Rather have more time of the pundits talking about the game than Chiles making facepalm worthy comments but that's just me