Man City v Man Utd Saturday 17:15 KO ITV1

Who will win the Semi Final?

• Total voters
1) Balotelli provoked Rio and he took the bait
2) Tevez is most likely leaving and you have no proven PL goalscorer to take his place, He has scored 19 goals and only Berbatov has more, so i think you would struggle without Tevez

1) Exactly - Rio took the bait; shouldn't react.
2) Not sure Tevez is necessarily leaving..
3) City have plenty of players who can score goals - if they feel they don't and Tevez leaves, I'm sure they'll invest.

Wachted from the 20th minute and i thought City were well deserved winners. Just thought i would post a facebook status update from one of my mates and see what people think.

"Seems like it was already decided who would win before kick off with Mike Dean as ref".

Of corse i asked him why he thought this and here is his response.

"Never playing advantage to United breaking up the game. Everyone knows Mike Dean hates United. Ever since he messed up big time and won Chelsea the game at Old Trafford he was so bad that game he get relegated to refereeing in the championship. Never liked United since".

This is why Utd fans get a bad name because of people like him, they seem to think their is a vandeta against Utd and there is not. I must admit most Utd fans on here seem to be gracious (alot more than Ferdinand) which is refreshing too see and it says alot.

Yaya Toure was absolutely sensational today and im close to saying he has been the signing of the season, Utd could not handle him from start (20th min for me) to finish. Now on Mr Scholes's challenge, we all know he cannot tackle so its nothing new but this challenge was arguably the worst he has done. I thought the ref was going to bottle it and just show a yellow actually but im glad he make the right call and its the only downside to Mr Scholes's career because he cannot tackle for beans.

Happy for City and i did want them to win today but i will be cheering on Bolton/Stoke in the final because i dont want City to win anything.

I read in paper interview with Rio. he took a dig at citys team spirit. if he said what he said..then he really deserves that wink.

Also..Scholes took a red in an important game like this and this could make him think about retiring at the end of the season even more.

Thats what i think.

BTW...ITV are disgrace when they showed Rooneys face all the time. Really hated it!

Last edited:
I'm not sure Utd were "comfortable" - they had possession and created two chances in 2 minutes but didn't do a lot else tbf. First half was fairly dull bar 15 minute period, then City came out in the 2nd half fired up.

So it was 4-2-3-1 from Utd? I figured it more as a 4-3-3, but I wasn't sure. (with Carrick behind Scholes and Park pushing on slightly more so a bit skewed) - I'm not sure I've seen Utd play straightforward 4-2-3-1.. Rooney usually starts up front but drops back, no?

Either way, no one picked up Toure or Balotelli when they moved into the 'hole' - Balotelli was able to take long shots/play out wide and Toure tried to drive at Vidic

it was 4-2-3-1, and they were comfortable, bar a short spell they were not under any real threat, balotelli got off one long ranger and toure only got sucessful because of an error, they were happy slowly building the game.

He still has the ability to cause problems for defences though in the games I've seen him in though. If he's not used that often, he'll be rusty so some of his performances probably will be a bit ineffectual. Just needs more playing time imo

The way I see him is he has got good pace and a decent shot on him but that's about it. He can't cross, can't head and isn't particulary strong. Not good enough for a winger for a team who is challenging for top 4. Just my opinion though

United weren't comfortable during this game. They were under pressure severely during the second-half, and City most certainly deserved their win.

funnily enough we dont all start on the thread by calling the other side scum. And if you go on about Rio, you should take a look at Balotelli too

:wub:

You wanna know what makes us special, Madridista ? We have no reason to be bitter. And we admited City was better today. And we have 18 league titles and you have none. And we have history. You should be bitter ;)
You are calling your best player a **** and overrated ? I really don't understand you.

The way I see him is he has got good pace and a decent shot on him but that's about it. He can't cross, can't head and isn't particulary strong. Not good enough for a winger for a team who is challenging for top 4. Just my opinion though

Fair point. Strength is pretty much his flaw in that regard I agree. If he was physically stronger, he may have been a lot better. Thats the thing with wingers though-the majority are pretty much very (in some cases too) lean and are easily muscled off the ball.

One thing i have noticed though. There is a reason Ferguson dosent start Berbatov when all Berba, Rooney and Hernandez are fit/available. When things arnt going Utd's way you cannot rely on Berba, but you can rely on Rooney to lift the crowd with a tackle/bit of skill/40-50yard ball and you can rely on Hernandez to finish a chance out of nothing. Its wierd to think that more than likely the golden boot winner this season has been shunted to the bench but its a call Fergie has got correct for me. What do you Utd fans think about this?

it was 4-2-3-1, and they were comfortable, bar a short spell they were not under any real threat, balotelli got off one long ranger and toure only got sucessful because of an error, they were happy slowly building the game.

Toure looked dangerous all game. Balotelli got off a long ranger - not because he didn't know what to do, but because he was allowed time and space and because he can hit them. Mancini took the game to Utd and has to be praised for that.
:

United weren't comfortable during this game. They were under pressure severely during the second-half, and City most certainly deserved their win.

One thing decided it today. City wanted it more simple as that mate.

:wub:

You wanna know what makes us special, Madridista ? We have no reason to be bitter. And we admited City was better today. And we have 18 league titles and you have none. And we have history. You should be bitter ;)
You are calling your best player a **** and overrated ? I really don't understand you.

Couldn't care less about Uniteds past success. And you called me glory hunter.....

Tevez is not our best player for me. Silva, De Jong, Kompany...and maybe even Yaya. Those are players i rate more and would want to stay in the team instead of Tevez.

Also..Tevez is so greedy and will probly leave in the summer. Dzeko and Balo will then get more playing time in the central striker role and Alexis Sanchez is touted to replace Tevez.

And Sanchez would fit much better than Tevez in the same line-up with Balo and Dzeko...

Watched it, pretty boring match really, seemed too much pressure on both the teams. Thought Toure tanked the whole game well. Could've gone either way really. Kolorov finally impressed me defence-wise. Good call by the referee sending off Scholes, at the time I thought it was a yellow, but it was a definite red.

One thing i have noticed though. There is a reason Ferguson dosent start Berbatov when all Berba, Rooney and Hernandez are fit/available. When things arnt going Utd's way you cannot rely on Berba, but you can rely on Rooney to lift the crowd with a tackle/bit of skill/40-50yard ball and you can rely on Hernandez to finish a chance out of nothing. Its wierd to think that more than likely the golden boot winner this season has been shunted to the bench but its a call Fergie has got correct for me. What do you Utd fans think about this?

hes not a fighter like Rooney, or a runner like Hernandez, when united have a bit of control on the game he is a massive thread becuase he finds people and his touch is second to none, when its a battle he struggles, that's why only 4 of his goals have come away from home

Fair point. Strength is pretty much his flaw in that regard I agree. If he was physically stronger, he may have been a lot better. Thats the thing with wingers though-the majority are pretty much very (in some cases too) lean and are easily muscled off the ball.

ye most good wingers have great pace but not really any strength (SWP, Walcott, Lennon for example) but great wingers have both strength and pace

I totally agree on you,im so ****** of he missed those chances!:mad: But we move on from here!
Vidic:''We have to forget this game and go and win the tittle'' Thats the ******* spirit!

Agree with this - really fired up in the 2nd half.

hes not a fighter like Rooney, or a runner like Hernandez, when united have a bit of control on the game he is a massive thread becuase he finds people and his touch is second to none, when its a battle he struggles, that's why only 4 of his goals have come away from home

I totally agree on you,im so ****** of he missed those chances!:mad: But we move on from here!
Vidic:''We have to forget this game and go and win the tittle'' Thats the ******* spirit!

People... Agreeing with me.... This is a special moment for me lol.