Man City vs Man Utd

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 181
  • Views Views 9K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still cant beileve we won this game. i didnt think we would. and i didnt think we would be talking about a league title chance after the blackburn result last week.

i knew city werent really going to turn up in this, i expected better movement and ball playing today from united; could you imagine if tevez was wearing a red shirt today? Ah btw whoever said a clubs history is living in the past is a joker lol, chelsea were terrible before the rusian mafia turned up, eh id like to add the real top 4 is liverpool- man utd- forest- the villa ^^) .

Great win for us. I have to admit, when Rooney came off for Berbatov I thought Fergie was looking for the draw and so happy I was wrong. Vintage Scholesy with that header, and he proved why he's been at Utd for so long and commanded a first team place for the last 12 years or so.

We looked extremely good defensively, which I was surprised at given the fact we had no Ferdinand and Neville at RB against an in-form City front 4.

The midfield did their job well throughout the game and we bossed the game. Was a bit disappointed with Gibson's performance as he was very quiet first half and invisible second half. Nani came on and gave us a great spark meaning we had a lot of pace on both flanks which caused them a problem.

We looked a bit shaky on the counter but Neville was quality and kept Bellamy quiet the whole game. Tevez was pretty non-existant as was Adebayor. I thought Wright-Phillips caused us more problems than Johnson did maybe proving that the youngster isn't quite ready for the World Cup, although 1 game doesn't show anything.

Rooney was excellent again and was pleased to see him get 76 minutes on his return. A great goal and a great performance from us in general so very pleased. Hopefully Spurs can do us a favour and then this title race will get even spicier than it already is!

Up the United!!

Correct me if i'm wrong man united fans.
But you've played City four times this season, winning 3 of them.
In the 3 you've won, hasn't your winner been in added time every single time?
I salute you for breaking city fans hearts ;)

Correct me if i'm wrong man united fans.
But you've played City four times this season, winning 3 of them.
In the 3 you've won, hasn't your winner been in added time every single time?
I salute you for breaking city fans hearts ;)

Rooney's winner in Carling Cup 2nd leg was 89th minute.. but I'll let you off ;)

wot a result for united and scholes scoring in last 12 seconds is amazing

united for title

Didn't it happen recently when bellamy scored in the last few seconds in the Manchester derby by gassing Ferdinand?

Yeah, then Owen scored 3 minutes later ;)

Great game, the away games against City are always the best, especially when we win :) That was the last away game for me this season, can't make it to Sunderland, so happy to end it on a high, now just hope we can push on from here and put the pressure on Chelsea.

My friend who is also a Liverpool fan and I have just been talking about United, and he seems to think United winning the league will be good for Liverpool next season. As in United will have overtaken Liverpool's 18 and will have 19, but he then thinks Liverpool next season will want to get back on level terms with United and try even harder, and with Rafa being promised he will have 'Cash To Splash' I kinda agree with him, but I still don't want United to win the league but if they did? It could be good for Liverpool.

What are your thoughts?

A liverpool fan (or Aston Villa/Wolves :S) calling Utd lucky.. some things never change. But yes a brilliant header

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

"like"

I'll be cheering on Liverpool when they face Chelsea.. a first :D

It was a tongue in cheek comment. Perhaps you didn't see the most tongue like smiley available underneath the post. And yes I do think United are lucky. Either that or they just bribe the refs to add on unlimited amounts of time.

I know it was only 3 minutes added on today though, so I'll let them get away with it. Normally its 6 or 7 unless they're winning.

It was a tongue in cheek comment. Perhaps you didn't see the most tongue like smiley available underneath the post. And yes I do think United are lucky. Either that or they just bribe the refs to add on unlimited amounts of time.

I know it was only 3 minutes added on today though, so I'll let them get away with it. Normally its 6 or 7 unless they're winning.

I thought the smiley face was Bellamy spitting his dummy out ;)

Anywho, its usually only 4 or 5 mins when we're not winning.. 6 or 7 would look suspicious (6)

My friend who is also a Liverpool fan and I have just been talking about United, and he seems to think United winning the league will be good for Liverpool next season. As in United will have overtaken Liverpool's 18 and will have 19, but he then thinks Liverpool next season will want to get back on level terms with United and try even harder, and with Rafa being promised he will have 'Cash To Splash' I kinda agree with him, but I still don't want United to win the league but if they did? It could be good for Liverpool.

What are your thoughts?

i think with Wenger now saying he will splash cash, liverpool could be in deep trouble if city get 4th, s they will be able to attract massive names to the club. i think a big revolution is needed at liverpool, with the current paying squad.

Why does everyone think we're not good enough anymore? Last season we finished second with near enough the same squad. We've been having a bad season, it happens to every team once in a while. It's not like we've gone like Leeds United, going from Champions League to Coca-Cola league one, is it?

Why does everyone think we're not good enough anymore? Last season we finished second with near enough the same squad. We've been having a bad season, it happens to every team once in a while. It's not like we've gone like Leeds United, going from Champions League to Coca-Cola league one, is it?

i said squad. You lost Alonso and gained nothing. With 11 players you will be good, but the other 11 players arent goo enough.

A united thread that has turned into an arguement about Liverpool. What a surprise, I didn't see this coming.XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back