Man Utd have signed a Portuguese Forward

Les Kershaw actually scouted the twins, when they where in Hong Kong competing in the Nike Premier Cup Tournament 2005. An event that has been held by United in the last few years, now the Manchester United Premier Cup.

United have signed an Ajax youth player by the name of Gyliano van Velzen.

He was probably rated as highly as Henri Saivet and Marek Hamsik, so I doubt he was unknown.

I didnt realise he was linked with chelsea, city and nter for 25million.

Face Palm

any1 else thinking that Mr. Ferguson will say his name wrong purposefully. I cant imagine SAF saying ''Bebe'' :D

Heard tell he is not even fit enough for their Reserve Team----a player who have not even seen on video and you spend 7 million on him,epic

Heard tell he is not even fit enough for their Reserve Team----a player who have not even seen on video and you spend 7 million on him,epic

He didn't play for the reserves as he wasn't physically fit - he's got a lot of physical training to catch up.

considering united have some of the highest fitness levels in the premier league, not that suprising...

Last edited:
bebe is going to be a top player

I know Bebe since 2008 when he was at Estrela da Amadora and I can guarantee to you guys that he is going to be a great player.He is very humble like his family I remember him saying that there were times that he didnt even had money to buy some bread.When he signed to Vitoria de Guimaraes I was delighted to see him in a good portuguese clube but when he sent me a text message saying that he was going to Manchester United I wasnt surprised at all because I always said to him that he was going to be a top player.

So the important thing here is that Manchester United made a big big investment with Bebe:D

I know Bebe since 2008 when he was at Estrela da Amadora and I can guarantee to you guys that he is going to be a great player.He is very humble like his family I remember him saying that there were times that he didnt even had money to buy some bread.When he signed to Vitoria de Guimaraes I was delighted to see him in a good portuguese clube but when he send me a text message saying that he was going to Manchester United I wasnt surprised at all because I always said to him that he was going to be a top player.

So the important thing here is that Manchester United made a big big investment with Bebe:D

Can i have his mobile number?

I know Bebe since 2008 when he was at Estrela da Amadora and I can guarantee to you guys that he is going to be a great player.He is very humble like his family I remember him saying that there were times that he didnt even had money to buy some bread.When he signed to Vitoria de Guimaraes I was delighted to see him in a good portuguese clube but when he sent me a text message saying that he was going to Manchester United I wasnt surprised at all because I always said to him that he was going to be a top player.

Too poor for bread, but has a mobile...

Too poor for bread, but has a mobile...

He was probaly homeless and poor before then tbf frank. He then probaly got the mobile.

he got a mobile when he was at guimaraes u guys are so sad..

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Can i have his mobile number?
of course not ur not a personal friend u never met him b4 if u want his number go ask him

£7Million on this unheard guy or £8Million on Rafeal Van der Vaart, hmmmm :S

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

of course not ur not a personal friend u never met him b4 if u want his number go ask him

i smell bullshit.

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------[/COLOR]

i never said you where lying, i just want his number, so i can text him, never know, i might make friends with him, and go out on the lash with utd, when they win the league this year. :)

lets not get into a spamfest over his number, though i dont know what you expect him to say scott even if you did get the number, as im not sure he speaks english...

lets not get into a spamfest over his number, though i dont know what you expect him to say scott even if you did get the number, as im not sure he speaks english...

I Know portugese.(H)

it was more of a joke asking for his number, people shouldnt be so up tight and defensive.

Les Kershaw actually scouted the twins, when they where in Hong Kong competing in the Nike Premier Cup Tournament 2005. An event that has been held by United in the last few years, now the Manchester United Premier Cup.

United have signed an Ajax youth player by the name of Gyliano van Velzen.

Have you got a source on that one?

He was probaly homeless and poor before then tbf frank. He then probaly got the mobile.

Has anyone ever heard of things like signing on fees? You can pick up mobiles for like 15 euros in Portgual, so what is so hard to believe.

Anyways, who cares, I just want to see how good(or bad) this player turns out to be.

Have you got a source on that one?

Has anyone ever heard of things like signing on fees? You can pick up mobiles for like 15 euros in Portgual, so what is so hard to believe.

Anyways, who cares, I just want to see how good(or bad) this player turns out to be.

that why i said he was probaly homeless and poor before then, as it did say since 2008. ;)

I think he will be good, altough, as I said here before, I think the price is excessive and not in accordance with the market standards.

But GL to him.

he is a very good youngster, he was tearing apart in the pre season with Guimarães ;)

Price is excessive for such a player considering that players like Van Der Vaart are not being sold for 2 much more.....the worst thing is that SAF had not even seen him play on video before he signed him

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

I fully understand the arguement that just because we have not heard of a player does not make him an unknown....but really the price they paid for him is excessive considering he is not going to get much playing time with the likes of Rooney,Berbatov and Hernandez around