Man Utd have signed a Portuguese Forward

You could look at this as a pessimist and say that we have bought an unheard of player for nearly as much as Spurs bought a great player, or you can think - We have bought a player with talent who could surpass Van der vaart and perhaps turn into a great player. There is probably more of a chance of VDV failing to meet expectations due to the pressure placed upon him as he is seen as a legendary signing for spurs.

SAF claimed that Bebe's fitness levels are poor atm and in a month hopefully he'll be playing reserve team football and playing in the carling cup.

A lot of money to pay for a player without having any real idea about them. Guess it's starting the media off.

Is the under 21 match on telly do you know against England, Im sure alot of people want to see this guy play

Is the under 21 match on telly do you know against England, Im sure alot of people want to see this guy play
Don't think so.
I had a look earlier today and it looks like it's not on tv. Probably because it's the same day as the senior internationals.
Might be able to find a stream for it.

Media have really got it in for Bebe. Daily mail's wrote a piece about him not being in the reserve squad again despite the fact he was away with portugal u-21's at the time.oO)

The Media seems to come up with stories about his "touch and passing not being up to united standards" when SAF has stressed that his fitness levels aren't as high as the rest of the squad and apparently United could have bough Bebe for 125k a bit ago..

The reason the media are on SAF's back is simple - they're looking for the next Forlan, next Veron. They actually want him to fail, so that there can be a great drama and they can make sweeping statements about how Ferguson, though a great manager, is prone to signing duds. We, as sane football fans, know this is not the complete truth. Okay, maybe Veron and Forlan weren't great at United, but never has there been any question of their undoubted talent since. (I'll give you Manucho, he IS bad :p)

They want Bebe to fail, and they're desperately looking for a news story before it is one. Until Bebe is actually **** in a premier league match in a couple of years, then I hold this to be neither a bad nor good signing.

Bebe last minute winner versus Man City <- you heard it here first! (H)

why are you guys getting so worked up over the price of this player. i mean its not coming out of your pocket right. and ferguson has made 2 or 3 bad buys in his illustrious 20+ years in management. i doubt bebe will be a flop. Quieroz did a brilliant job being assistant manager as well.

ALSO. Ferguson has repeatedly told that this seasons its all about rebuilding the squad, no big buys.

why are you guys getting so worked up over the price of this player. i mean its not coming out of your pocket right. and ferguson has made 2 or 3 bad buys in his illustrious 20+ years in management. i doubt bebe will be a flop. Quieroz did a brilliant job being assistant manager as well.

What a stupid argument. It is well within the right of the fans to complain, and you could argue, seeing as they buy the tickets and merchandise, that it is coming out of their pockets. You want to see your club do well, thus you expect to see some return on the money you have invested in it, and you expect the return to result from wise spending.

The reason the media are on SAF's back is simple - they're looking for the next Forlan, next Veron. They actually want him to fail, so that there can be a great drama and they can make sweeping statements about how Ferguson, though a great manager, is prone to signing duds. We, as sane football fans, know this is not the complete truth. Okay, maybe Veron and Forlan weren't great at United, but never has there been any question of their undoubted talent since. (I'll give you Manucho, he IS bad :p)

They want Bebe to fail, and they're desperately looking for a news story before it is one. Until Bebe is actually **** in a premier league match in a couple of years, then I hold this to be neither a bad nor good signing.
agreed on this, also there is no patience in football today. do people really expect him to be going from the 3rd division to the starting XI of one of the biggest clubs in the world in a month? im not even gonna draw on conclusions on him after a year

agreed on this, also there is no patience in football today. do people really expect him to be going from the 3rd division to the starting XI of one of the biggest clubs in the world in a month? im not even gonna draw on conclusions on him after a year

And ironically, with someone like Chris Smalling there is not a peep. Non-league to United in a very short space of time, yet because he's English and he has a hint of talent we bow and scrape.

just to let Utd and other fans know Bebe scored for Portugal U21s this evening in a 3-1 win against Macedonia.