Man Utd have signed a Portuguese Forward

thats good, he cant be any worse than Ubercrap (Obertan)
How many times have you seen Obertan play? once? twice? You already decided he is ****. God soo many tard United fans. Give him a chance!

Even i read in redcafe. There were lot of news floating around, it all started with Twitter. And even if didnt impress it hardly matters as he is still trying to adapt to conditions and new Team. So actually its no news tbh.:)

I think I covered all the excuses possible to make in my post ;)

More seriously - there's obviously concerns being raised by the staff for it to be doing the rounds on the Guardian newsroom and for Daniel Taylor to even hint at a problem with this signing publicly. Bebe is not the first player from somewhere warm and sunny to arrive in the middle of a Mancunian summer so you'd think allowances would be made. Manchester United have absolutely zero clue about this player other than they think Real Madrid might have been scouting him and that Quelroz thought he was decent and could he now please have his finders fee and Ferguson was determined not to be beaten to yet another signing by Real Madrid.

Will be interesting to track this one.

Last edited:
How many times have you seen Obertan play? once? twice? You already decided he is ****. God soo many tard United fans. Give him a chance!

i've seen him play more times than you have seen me so therfore i got more right to call him **** than you do to call me a tard (H)

on topic - this signing has the potential to be a huge fail but queiroz hasn't steered us too far wrong with our signings from portugal in the last few years

Last edited:
on topic - this signing has the potential to be a huge fail but queiroz hasn't steered us too far wrong with our signings from portugal in the last few years

Not a trick question - but do you know which transfers Quelroz was involved with in the past from Portugal? Nani and Anderson?

edit: Honestly don't know. Know he wasn't the prime mover for the Ronaldo signing for sure but trying to think of which other players he was heavily involved with recruiting.

Last edited:
Yes and if anderson sorts out his party lifestyle then he could still be a decent player and nani blossomed second half of last season, i think he will be a big player this term

not sure how much quieroz had to do with ronaldo signing be it certainly helped him fit in and i dunno if we'd have been playing that friendly against sporting (when fergie decided he must sign) without quieroz

Yes and if anderson sorts out his party lifestyle then he could still be a decent player and nani blossomed second half of last season, i think he will be a big player this term

not sure how much quieroz had to do with ronaldo signing be it certainly helped him fit in and i dunno if we'd have been playing that friendly against sporting (when fergie decided he must sign) without quieroz

Quieroz didn't have anything to do with the signing of Ronaldo. That was, like with Cantona, player power. The players simply came in after the match and told Fergie to buy him. But yes he will have had a huge hand in him settling into Manchester.

I think I covered all the excuses possible to make in my post ;)

More seriously - there's obviously concerns being raised by the staff for it to be doing the rounds on the Guardian newsroom and for Daniel Taylor to even hint at a problem with this signing publicly. Bebe is not the first player from somewhere warm and sunny to arrive in the middle of a Mancunian summer so you'd think allowances would be made. Manchester United have absolutely zero clue about this player other than they think Real Madrid might have been scouting him and that Quelroz thought he was decent and could he now please have his finders fee and Ferguson was determined not to be beaten to yet another signing by Real Madrid.

Will be interesting to track this one.

Yes we all know SAF havent had clue on him, only positives are Carlos rated him and also in 5 weeks he grew very well at his previous club.. It was a big gamble, might be a epic fail or it might turn out to be one of those "Rags to Riches" story. As always i will support and hope all our players come good.

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Also there is some hope afterall we all know who Ian Wright is..:)

Also there is some hope afterall we all know who Ian Wright is..:)

Ferguson's example was Stuart Pearce. ;) I've actually got a programme from a game against Nottingham Forest where Pearce is advertising his services as an electrician. :D

I'm not knocking the lad. Hope he gets sold by you lot for peanuts and then goes on to have a fantastic career ;)

Ferguson's example was Stuart Pearce. ;) I've actually got a programme from a game against Nottingham Forest where Pearce is advertising his services as an electrician. :D

I'm not knocking the lad. Hope he gets sold by you lot for peanuts and then goes on to have a fantastic career ;)

You mean one more Forlan:'(

I have a feeling this signing will fail badly.

Your knowledge for football makes me feel the opposite. You've never seen him play, therefore you can't go and judge a player you've never seen play.

Cristiano Ronaldo - I heard a few say "Well done Fergie" for signing a unknown player, but what did he turn into, you can judge him when he's developed in English football.

Quieroz didn't have anything to do with the signing of Ronaldo. That was, like with Cantona, player power. The players simply came in after the match and told Fergie to buy him. But yes he will have had a huge hand in him settling into Manchester.

yes that was what i meant, him being at the club helped him settle - i remember the game, ronaldo tore o'shea a new one

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

just song long as he scores a couple of goals at anfield before he goes :p ala forlan

Cristiano Ronaldo - I heard a few say "Well done Fergie" for signing a unknown player, but what did he turn into, you can judge him when he's developed in English football.

Ronaldo had played two full seasons at Sporting. Pretty sure he even played against Man Utd in the Champions League as well. Just because you haven't heard of a player before it doesn't mean they are unknown. :)

Ronaldo had played two full seasons at Sporting. Pretty sure he even played against Man Utd in the Champions League as well. Just because you haven't heard of a player before it doesn't mean they are unknown. :)

Ged and Thompson were considering signing him for £8m after he did a trial at Liverpool, but they'd just signed two French prospects (one of whom had been rated as the best in that age range at a youth tournament) and they didn't feel that Ronaldo's personal demands were reasonable. A few weeks later.. well, yeah..

Okay maybe he wasn't unknown. But he certianly wasn't a house-hold name. Which you would of thought he would of been by his price tag don't you think?

Don't understand the reasoning behind this, it must be the least likely transfer of the window at least: A player who was available on a free 5 weeks ago, and who scored 4 in 26 for a 3rd division Portuguese side. And SAF hasn't seen him play.When you consider that for the same price as Bebe and Smalling together he could have signed Mesut Ozil, and had enough money left over for a huge Bednar(?) But the one thing i will say is that, and obviously you can't compare to Ronaldo, but when he came - it was for 12.4, 14 million pounds, and everyone was saying what are you doing? paying that kind of money for a teenager who is relatively unknown.
Sean Ingle, Guardian Weekly Podcast

Not a trick question - but do you know which transfers Quelroz was involved with in the past from Portugal? Nani and Anderson?

edit: Honestly don't know. Know he wasn't the prime mover for the Ronaldo signing for sure but trying to think of which other players he was heavily involved with recruiting.

Nani and Anderson, He also watched the Da Silva twins agains portugals u17s when he was with Utd, recommended them to Fergie then. He also did help ronaldo to sign, although he didnt recommend him to SAF, he did speak to ronaldo and recommend Manchester as a place to Ronaldo

Okay maybe he wasn't unknown. But he certianly wasn't a house-hold name. Which you would of thought he would of been by his price tag don't you think?
He was probably rated as highly as Henri Saivet and Marek Hamsik, so I doubt he was unknown.