Man Utd money the key - Benitez

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 124
  • Views Views 5K
name the players that have burst from your youth team that have made a name for themselves apart from carra and stevie me???

Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler, Mcmanaman, and a few other lesser players. Manchester United's hasn't been much more succesful. Also why did you bring this up? Is it because all of your other arguments failed?

liverpool may have lost 2 games this season but still through away result by rafa having a superior complex by resting key players and bringing them on late when he ***** himself instead of playing the key lads for the first 30mins and tearing their throat out and then taking them off, liverpools squad aren't as deep as everyone thinks but with kuyt and benayoun stepping up after how long of being passengers in that team??

When to play your best players when they are tired or recovering from injury is best left up to the Manager to decide seeing as he spends 7 days a week with them. If we played some of our games with Torres or Gerrard from the start the who knows what could of happened, they might of picked up injuries or even worse not be fit enough to be as effective as they would be against tiring opponents who have already played for 60 minutes.

I actually don't think a lot of our draws were because we left those two out. Most of them were just because we played awful.

Kuyt and Benayoun haven't got any better. People have just stopped being dicks about them.

Last edited:
benitez is just an awful manager, or as the youngsters would say, a nutcase.
money or no money, he cant win the league with that **** squad he has, he doesnt even kno how to spend, wot a loser! he jus needs to keep his mouth shut. I'm sick and tired of liverpool fans new club slogan "watch next season" think of something new kids. You'd b wise to just stay quiet until if ever, you have a premier league trophy in ure hands, and not get mouthy and brave halfway through the season

let's face it i could write a massive post but the simple facts are united are better than liverpool and will be for a long time. beating us twice means nothing, stoke drew with you twice doesn't make them your equals. rafa is not that great a manager and ferguson is a living legend.

the real reasons we won the title liverpool didn't:
benitez is a ******
benitez is **** at mind games
benitez/liverpool/parry spend most of their money on **** players

lol nail on the head son, ill drink to that
Fergie - 11
Liverpool - 0

FULL SPEED AHEAD ROME!

Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler, Mcmanaman, and a few other lesser players. Manchester United's hasn't been much more succesful. Also why did you bring this up? Is it because all of your other arguments failed?

Beckham's better than all those:D

Yeah I give up, until a Man Utd fan with half a brain starts making some decent arguments then there's really no point in me wasting my time.

PS. FERGUSIN IS **** LOLOL. RAFA IS DA B3ST!! YNWA!!1

let's face it i could write a massive post but the simple facts are united are better than liverpool and will be for a long time. beating us twice means nothing, stoke drew with you twice doesn't make them your equals. rafa is not that great a manager and ferguson is a living legend.

the real reasons we won the title liverpool didn't:
benitez is a ******
benitez is **** at mind games
benitez/liverpool/parry spend most of their money on **** players

Not a dig mate, but you've not been to a Manc vs Liverpool game have you? Never heard a Manc fan who goes to games try to downplay being slaughtered at Old Trafford like that before.

Benitez is one of the most sought after managers in world football. Liverpool fans should thank their lucky stars that he's fallen in love with us, our club and our city. All goes back to his Valencia team being applauded when they slaughtered us 2-0 at Anfield all those years back.

Odd how much harder it became for the Mancs after Benitez' 'rant' wasn't it? From strolling through games, to scraping last minute wins and having to graft hard to win. If you'd seen Liverpool's games in December, it was obvious the squad was tiring, we had Gerrard up for an assault charge and results were starting to falter. Took all the pressure off the team. Quality management.

Would you trade Berbatov for Torres? Go on admit it, you would. And you'd probably throw in Tevez too. How about Aurelio for Evra? Think how well he'd link up play for you lot while being more solid defensively too. How about Alonso for Hargreaves and Carrick? You'd bite my arm off. How about Mascherano? Would you trade Nani, Anderson, Fletcher and maybe throw in Carrick and Hargreaves too? You know you would.

The reason why the Mancs have won the title this season is the depth and strength of their squad. Plain and simple. Ferguson has been amassing players for over a decade at the world's richest club (which also now happens to have the world's biggest debt :D). No shame in that at all. It's something which should be a matter of pride - that you've fended off Liverpool making their first decent title challenge in a decade. The worrying thing for the Mancs is that you've only just squeaked it despite that massive advantage. If Liverpool improve again next season, will it be the same story? Will be fun finding out :)

You seriously can't be claiming that because Benitez opened his gob it affected another team... he never shut up so of course he said something around the time another team slips up. **** you might as well say Man Utd won the league because Benitez said something, let alone claim it as quality management.

LMAO at those player claims, not long after someone says about Kuyt and Benayoun getting more respect you claim Mascherano is worth 3 to 5 of Man Utd players including Carrack and Fletcher... wake up. Can easily make the same stupid arguement by swapping it around with Ronaldo/Rooney/Vidic/Ferdinand and listing half the Liverpool team.

Ronaldo & Rooney sure. Ferdinand mayber. Vidic, no thanks.

Maybe our money has been the difference-but we only bought one player this season (regardless of price) but its our squad which is much better like he said-but not all of it has been expensive. It really wouldn't hurt Benitez to say we were simply the better and more consistent team this season which I don't think he has-correct me if I'm wrong.

Lee our academy has thrown out alot of decent players. Many of those such as ****, Brown, O'Shea, Fletcher, the Nevilles.

Not a dig mate, but you've not been to a Manc vs Liverpool game have you? Never heard a Manc fan who goes to games try to downplay being slaughtered at Old Trafford like that before.

Odd how much harder it became for the Mancs after Benitez' 'rant' wasn't it? From strolling through games, to scraping last minute wins and having to graft hard to win. If you'd seen Liverpool's games in December, it was obvious the squad was tiring, we had Gerrard up for an assault charge and results were starting to falter. Took all the pressure off the team. Quality management.

Would you trade Berbatov for Torres? Go on admit it, you would. And you'd probably throw in Tevez too. How about Aurelio for Evra? Think how well he'd link up play for you lot while being more solid defensively too. How about Alonso for Hargreaves and Carrick? You'd bite my arm off. How about Mascherano? Would you trade Nani, Anderson, Fletcher and maybe throw in Carrick and Hargreaves too? You know you would.

Tbh Zeb I think you 'outplayed' us more at Anfield. You outscored us at OT but the first half we were the better team, which didn't happen at Anfield.

Arguing Benitez's rant was deliberate is debatable but not one I'm gona get into cos we wont agree.

Yeah I'd trade Berbatov for Torres but I disagree with you on the rest. Evra for Aurelio? No way. Alonso is good but I'd take Carrick every day. And no, I'd actually keep Fletcher ahead of Masch. Most people would disagree but I would seriously keep Fletcher. Same goes for Hargo and Anderson-who is still up and down sometimes but in a year or two will be complete.

Benitez is one of the most sought after managers in world football. Liverpool fans should thank their lucky stars that he's fallen in love with us, our club and our city. All goes back to his Valencia team being applauded when they slaughtered us 2-0 at Anfield all those years back.

The reason why the Mancs have won the title this season is the depth and strength of their squad. Plain and simple. Ferguson has been amassing players for over a decade at the world's richest club (which also now happens to have the world's biggest debt :D). No shame in that at all. It's something which should be a matter of pride - that you've fended off Liverpool making their first decent title challenge in a decade. The worrying thing for the Mancs is that you've only just squeaked it despite that massive advantage. If Liverpool improve again next season, will it be the same story? Will be fun finding out :)
actually i was at the game. top of the east stand near the away fans. i have a season ticket and am going to rome. i'm not playing it down just saying that it does not prove you are better than us.

he's only sought after because he's not untouchable like wenger and ferguson who'll probably never leave their clubs. we obviously disagree about the quality of benitez, i think he's wank you don't. i guess next season will show how good or enormously **** he is after you went so close and he totally controls transfers.

next point, rafa rant came before a game against bottom half stoke who
held you to a 0-0 draw which was a part of a 7 game run,that started after rafa rant, where you won 2, drew 4 and lost one, 2-0 against surely relegated middlesborough. meanwhile, united who had been badly shaken by rafa's brilliantly timed attack won eight in a row conceding once and keeping seven cleansheets in a row. whatever way you look at it rafa's mind games did not work.

maybe i would trade berba for torres but apart from that aurelio for evra who is possibly the best left back in the world and if he's not the best he is definetly better than aurelio, alsonso for hargreaves and carrick no the only reason fro biting your arm off would be to punish you for suggesting it, i would not swap anderson for any player in the world especially not that dirty ******* mascherano.

there is no guaruantee you will progress and even if you do we'll just improve even more.

ive said it before on another post. posts like this always turn out into a war between either end of the east Lancashire road it took how many years until old purps won anything with united you were all wanting rid at 1 point it took him time to build what he has and yea he has also bought flops too everyone makes mistakes we are all only human after all purps has been in that seat for long long time too long for my liking really he needs to hurry up and snuff it maybe if rafa is here as long as purps and carry on building what he is already close too our cabinet will start growing once again you are all really ******** your selves now because you know how close we are to finally ending your dominance oh and by the way good luck Barcelona!

Last edited:
benitez has been to assemble a team that terrorize teams in europe.

that was about 20 years ago, how does that affect how good he is.
also the united board never tried to replace fergie with klinnsman and most importantly he has won 11 titles to benitez's 0

Rafa has been with Liverpool for 5 seasons. How many league titles did Fergie win in his first 5 years?

If you compare their records over their first 5 seasons in charge think you'll find Rafa is ahead if only slightly.

You can't compare how many league titles one manager has won if he has been at the club for 20+ years and the other only 5.

<TABLE class=smallBla itxtvisited="1"><TBODY itxtvisited="1"><TR vAlign=top itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">1995-96</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">FA Carling Premiership Champions
FA Cup Winners
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">1994-95</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">FA Cup runners-up
FA Carling Premiership runners-up
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">1993-94</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">FA Carling Premiership Champions
FA Cup Winners
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">1992-93</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">FA Carling Premiership Champions
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">1991-92</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">Division One runners-up
League Cup Winners
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">1990-91</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">European Cup Winners Cup Winners
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=smallBla itxtvisited="1"><TBODY itxtvisited="1"><TR vAlign=top itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">1989-90</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">FA Cup Winners
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>fergusons 1st 5/6 years, so how isnt that better than benitez 1st 6 years, dear lol

Actually Ferguson took charge in 1986. I think it was 1986. I'm a United fan but Ferguson's first few years were bad. True we were only a mid-table/top 6 team, but your point is pretty bad. Benitez did win the CL in his first five years. Although Benitez was inheriting a top-4 team.

vidic`s twice the player carragher is! imo
it's not an opinion its a fact. vidic is best defender in the world while carragher couldn't get into the england team.

i don't care if he's been more succesful than ferguson was in his first five years, benitez took over a better team than ferguson and i really doubt benitez will build a legacy like fergusons at liverpool.

benitez is a really bad loser, **** at mind games, **** at rotating his team, buys loads of **** players and is just generally ****. he has hardly improved your team just because youv'e had a good season this year does not mean it will continue.

Well the mancs get there odd free signing every now and then, the refs to be precise.

Back