Man Utd money the key - Benitez

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 124
  • Views Views 5K
Well the mancs get there odd free signing every now and then, the refs to be precise.
really. i'm sure lots of decisions go against you in front of the kop.

lucas is one of the worst players i've ever seen.

Rafa has been with Liverpool for 5 seasons. How many league titles did Fergie win in his first 5 years?

If you compare their records over their first 5 seasons in charge think you'll find Rafa is ahead if only slightly.

You can't compare how many league titles one manager has won if he has been at the club for 20+ years and the other only 5.

If thats the case, why dont liverpoo fans zip up and come back after 20 years, despite rafas rubbish management, you still claim to be better than us and act brave, why? that is our argument, why can't u never admit we're better than u !

If thats the case, why dont liverpoo fans zip up and come back after 20 years, despite rafas rubbish management, you still claim to be better than us and act brave, why? that is our argument, why can't u never admit we're better than u !

same reason you cant admit were better than you and by the way rafas rubbish management kicked your **** twice this season and and chased you right untill the death cant be too bad now can it

Think I can settle this as a neutral who prefers Liverpool;

Man Utd > Liverpool

Ferguson > Rafa.

Man Utds Squad > Liverpools Squad.

Both are great managers but Ferguson is clearly superior, regardless of money, and both are great sides but Man Utds squad is clearly better than Lpools.

same reason you cant admit were better than you and by the way rafas rubbish management kicked your **** twice this season and and chased you right untill the death cant be too bad now can it

how are u better than us? chased, but didnt win did u? uve been chasing for 19 years now. You beat us...wow, a mere consolation in ure pathetic trophyless season. According to ure theory, boro are a better side than you as they beat u this season......exactly.

And there was me thinking most of the Liverpool fans were making decent arguments until you come along and actually said Liverpool are better than United. You beat us in two games. Congrats, you deserved to win both. Fulham beat us also, **** they are better than us as well. Aalborg held us at OT in the CL, **** maybe they should be in the CL final. Like the guy above said Boro beat you, so maybe Liverpool should be in the bottom three?

You've had a great season, and done well to maintain a proper title challenge and make it to go the wire, but at the end of the day Liverpool were the SECOND best team this season. Man United were and are the best. We won more games than you, gained more points,and did actually win the league. We also got further than you in the League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League. Man United > Liverpool. Maybe next season will be different but I very much doubt it.

how are u better than us? chased, but didnt win did u? uve been chasing for 19 years now. You beat us...wow, a mere consolation in ure pathetic trophyless season. According to ure theory, boro are a better side than you as they beat u this season......exactly.

And there was me thinking most of the Liverpool fans were making decent arguments until you come along and actually said Liverpool are better than United. You beat us in two games. Congrats, you deserved to win both. Fulham beat us also, **** they are better than us as well. Aalborg held us at OT in the CL, **** maybe they should be in the CL final. Like the guy above said Boro beat you, so maybe Liverpool should be in the bottom three?

You've had a great season, and done well to maintain a proper title challenge and make it to go the wire, but at the end of the day Liverpool were the SECOND best team this season. Man United were and are the best. We won more games than you, gained more points,and did actually win the league. We also got further than you in the League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League. Man United > Liverpool. Maybe next season will be different but I very much doubt it.

i didnt say who was better my argument is eiter us lpool fans or you manc fans are going to actually admit whose better are we cos we are all to ******* proud to admit it before you shout your ******* mouthes off at me read the ******* quote and then read my response and then youll understand what im actually saying OPEN YOUR ******* EYES!!!!!

Last edited:
You said "same reason you cant admit were better than you"

You will be banned if you aren't careful.

As a neutral ? well okay I hate Liverpool but that aside no one can argue Liverpool are better than Man Utd.
Man Utd have been clearly better all season in every competition.

By the way Zeb, I useaully agree with all your posts and you often make excellent points, but you were way off the mark with the whole I bet you would swap Evra for Aureillo thing.

Imagine if those swaps actaully happened, Liverpool would win the league then lol.

But come one Aurellio for Evra ?, Evra is the best Left back in the league, were as I can think of a few other left backs I'd prefer in my team ahead of Aureillo to.
I rate Carrick as a better all round player than Alonso, only the Torres one I kind of Agreed with.
Even then I'd be reluctant to swap Tevez and Berbatov lol

<TABLE class=smallBla itxtvisited="1"><TBODY itxtvisited="1"><TR vAlign=top itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">

</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">1995-96</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">FA Carling Premiership Champions
FA Cup Winners

</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">1994-95</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">FA Cup runners-up
FA Carling Premiership runners-up

</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">1993-94</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">FA Carling Premiership Champions
FA Cup Winners

</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">1992-93</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">FA Carling Premiership Champions

</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">1991-92</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">Division One runners-up
League Cup Winners

</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">1990-91</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">European Cup Winners Cup Winners

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=smallBla itxtvisited="1"><TBODY itxtvisited="1"><TR vAlign=top itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">1989-90</TD><TD itxtvisited="1">FA Cup Winners

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>fergusons 1st 5/6 years, so how isnt that better than benitez 1st 6 years, dear lol

And they are Fegusons 1st 5/6 years how?

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

Actually Ferguson took charge in 1986. I think it was 1986. I'm a United fan but Ferguson's first few years were bad. True we were only a mid-table/top 6 team, but your point is pretty bad. Benitez did win the CL in his first five years. Although Benitez was inheriting a top-4 team.

Season before Ferguson took over Man U finished 4th so using your logic he also inherited a top 4 side. My point is bad how?

That said I am not a Liverpool fan who will blindly say we are better than you just for the sake of saying it. This season Man U won the league so over the year they have been the better side.

My argument merely is that some Man U fans keep screaming about Fergusons league record and comparing it with Rafas when the two clearly aren't comparable given that Ferguson has had 20+ years to Rafa's 5.

As a Leyton Orient fan, i can honestly say i absolutely despise both teams. but seriously, Manchester United are just too good at the moment. My personal belief is that when Ferguson calls it a day/dies (I cant see him retiring for a while) the **** will hit the fan at United. Even though he has built the team to an unstoppable force and got some seriously quality youth players in to build for the future, that can only last so long. I think when Fergie does quit the game for good and a new manager comes in, United will fail, and i'm talking EPIC fail. in fact im talking PHAIL. with a ******* PH for the epicness of the fail. Give it 20 years, United will be down in League 1 with Hayes & Yeading United Champions League Winners and Papua New Guinea ruling the World Cup

wishful thinking lol, go to William hill and ask what odds you will get for ManUtd to be league 1 in 20 years time lol

lol should actually. truthfully though that is just my opinion and i do think it will happen. because the bigger United get, the harder they will fall

Well, if it's the 1st 5 seasons that you want to compare, then how much more money did Rafa spent tbh? I doubt Fergie did actually spent the same amount of money that Rafa in his 5 years did to win his first premier league title.

..and come on.. because United spent more money, that's why they won the title this year? Does anyone really with half a brain believe in that? Amazing..

Well, if it's the 1st 5 seasons that you want to compare, then how much more money did Rafa spent tbh? I doubt Fergie did actually spent the same amount of money that Rafa in his 5 years did to win his first premier league title.

..and come on.. because United spent more money, that's why they won the title this year? Does anyone really with half a brain believe in that? Amazing..

Back