Man Utd money the key - Benitez

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 124
  • Views Views 5K
using the word talent to describe Ngog is surely some kind of crime.

The thing with kopites is when its all going well they don't mention the money, when they come up short, people start talking about the money etc etc. Why is this? Is it because Liverpool fans are bitter, jealous people who are absolutely **** scared of being put where they belong, in the History books. That shadow looks very very small and they know it.

Face it fella's, the highlight of your season was beating us. Whereas our season consists of 3 trophies, a couple of trips to Wembley and a Champions league final. You could beat us 100-0, you still won jack diddly squat as per.

To compare Benitez and Fergie as managers would be like comparing Churchill with Tony Blair. One is a Great who has achieved loads and the other is a *** who has achieved little in comparison yet believes he is great.

19 years, regardless of the money, regardless of the managers.. Blackburn managed to buy the prem by spending as much money as the scousers around the time when ya'll were forking out millions on the likes of Babb, Scales and Mcateer.

Owen Fowler and Mcmanaman or Scholes, Giggs and Beckham. Is there any debate? Stupid comparioson, even Nicky **** has achieved more than those 3.

In Rafa I trust, keep it up you oaf like cretin.

right then im not even bothering arguing on this topic no more its pointless no one is ever going to agree with anybody and i nearly got banned too if i offended anybody im really sorry see you on other posts Torrific_9 laters

The thing with kopites is when its all going well they don't mention the money, when they come up short, people start talking about the money etc etc. Why is this? Is it because Liverpool fans are bitter, jealous people who are absolutely **** scared of being put where they belong, in the History books. That shadow looks very very small and they know it.

To be honest it's the Man Utd fans who are coming across as the bitter ones on this forum. The Liverpool fans have generally been level headed making some decent counter arguments to the ignorant points made by some of the Man Utd fans.

P.S Liverpool are still ahead of United in the History books. For how long, that's up to Benitez.

how are we bitter. we're happy because we have the best argument you can have:

premier league table
1st manchester united
2nd liverpool

suck on that.

Mate seriously, what have we got to be bitter about?

Have yous won owt this year? Did you prevent us from winning things? Why would we be bitter? Next year we will take the league record. We already have history on our side. First team to win the champs league, first team to win the double double, first and only team to win the treble (real treble), first team to win 3 titles in a row twice, first team to win the prem, first english team to win the world club cup and now we have the chance to win back to back champion leagues and become the first team to win a quadruple.

Why would any self respecting manc be bitter? Liverpool fans remain deluded, grasping on to their glory days, were it not for your fortunate champs league win in 2005, we would not be having this discussion.

1 major trophy in 19 odd years and Liverpool fans are comparing their team with Fergusons legends, it a joke. A bitter one at that.

Welcome to Liverpool's end of season party!!
Dress code: 70's and 80's only, strictly no trainers or silverware please.
Drinks available: Sponsors Carlsberg will be providing the beer however there will be a lot of Bitter! No doubles or trebles allowed
Drinks will be served in glasses only, sorry no CUPS available although there are plenty of MUGS.
Competition: There will be a Prize for the best dressed person:
sorry no prizes for 2nd spot.

Have yous won owt this year?

Two games against United, comfortably.

Did you prevent us from winning things?

We did everything we could, everyone else let us down.

Why would we be bitter?

Maybe bitter is the wrong word. Ignorant is more suiting.

Next year we will take the league record.

Yes, quite possibly seeing as you're the best team at the moment. That's the whole point of this thread, we're saying Manchester United are the better team.

We already have history on our side. First team to win the champs league, first team to win the double double, first and only team to win the treble (real treble), first team to win 3 titles in a row twice, first team to win the prem, first english team to win the world club cup and now we have the chance to win back to back champion leagues and become the first team to win a quadruple.

Football History doesn't begin with the Premiership.

Why would any self respecting manc be bitter? Liverpool fans remain deluded, grasping on to their glory days, were it not for your fortunate champs league win in 2005, we would not be having this discussion.

Sounds like you're doing the exact same thing, but yours are a little more recent. If it wasn't for your fortunate Champs League win in 1999 we wouldn't be having this discussion.

1 major trophy in 19 odd years and Liverpool fans are comparing their team with Fergusons legends, it a joke. A bitter one at that.

1 x League, 3 x FA Cup, 3 x League Cup, 3 x Charity Shield, 1 x Champions League, 1 x UEFA Cup, 2 x European Super Cup. Someone needs to learn to count. And like I said before, football History didn't start 19 years ago.

Welcome to Liverpool's end of season party!!
Dress code: 70's and 80's only, strictly no trainers or silverware please.
Drinks available: Sponsors Carlsberg will be providing the beer however there will be a lot of Bitter! No doubles or trebles allowed
Drinks will be served in glasses only, sorry no CUPS available although there are plenty of MUGS.
Competition: There will be a Prize for the best dressed person:
sorry no prizes for 2nd spot.

lol wut?

On the whole, Liverpool fans on this forum have made some decent points but thats all blown out the water when you hear ***** like "I hope Fergie snuffs it", "we beat you, we are better then you", "You would swap evra for Aurellio".

Football is a passionate game for the supporters especially and occasionally peoples views are clouded but its only the United fans who have the up to date FACHTS to back up their views. All this talk of money, squad strength, time at the helm, refs cheating, are arguments of people who support a team that are not winning anything. People who must be bitter. Your closest rivals just won the league AGAIN.

Man Utd fans have the facts? Are you being serious? Not one United fan has came in here with a single fact, instead you just spout the usual nonsense you hear from idiots who watch too Match of the Day and troll the 606 forums.

Things like the Aurellio vs Evra thing is just a matter of opinion. Personally I don't rate Evra because everytime he plays he has a poor game, whether Aurelio is better I don't know. If you ignore the things that are quite clearly opinion and read all of the other posts you will realise the Man Utd fans are the ones talking rubbish. Fact.

I'm not sure who's worse. 19-11-08 for being a complete tool, or you for being completely oblivious to anything that you don't want to believe.

I asked if you won anything ie A trophy. You know the shiny things. Answer NO. Like I said highlight of your season. lol I feel pity.

"We did everything we could, everyone else let us down."

Yes you did, your manager ranted, we batter the rent boys and you drew a blank v Stoke. You did great, thanks.

"Maybe bitter is the wrong word. Ignorant is more suiting."

Yes we are ignorant to all the trophies liverpool amassed when most of us were not even born. Ignorant to the fact you went six years without beating us and then celebrated as though you had won the treble when you did. How embarrassing.

"Yes, quite possibly seeing as you're the best team at the moment. That's the whole point of this thread, we're saying Manchester United are the better team."

Yup, thats a fact. Pity torrific and several others can't see that. We are the better team, at the moment and have been for the last two decades.

"Football History doesn't begin with the Premiership."

No it doesn't. Neither did it begin in the 70's or 80's. Were it not for Munich United would have ruled the 50's and 60's. But we are not bitter we won ol big ears first. Thing is I can't remember much from the 70's and the 80's. I wasn't born and cant remember much during the first 5 years of my life, so I can only point to the FACHTS that I can remember.

"Sounds like you're doing the exact same thing, but yours are a little more recent. If it wasn't for your fortunate Champs League win in 1999 we wouldn't be having this discussion."

Yes we would because we would have won 11 league championships and im sure we won it last year in Moscow. I can't remember, too many finals, too many trophies.

"1 x League, 3 x FA Cup, 3 x League Cup, 3 x Charity Shield, 1 x Champions League, 1 x UEFA Cup, 2 x European Super Cup. Someone needs to learn to count. And like I said before, football History didn't start 19 years ago."

Also mate Football did not finish in the 80's either. Everything after 1990 counts too. (11 prems 2 Euro cups, 1 cup winners cup, 5 fa cup, 1 world club cup, 1 intercontinental cup, 5 fa cups, 8 charity shield, 3 league cups)...

Liverpool fans aka part time historians used to do my nut in with their constant harping on about their glory days. Its annoying. 19 years in MODERN DAY football is a very long time to go without winning your domestic league is poor. See how I said modern day ie post premiership and Euro Champions club cup.

You call Everton the bitter blues because they won stuff back in the day and you call us bitter because we are winning things now. lol its a joke.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

okay I want to share with you some fackts today.

Manchester United World Champions. English Champions. European Champions. Record 11 premiership titles.

Sir Alex Ferguson most successful manager in the English Game.

Now some more fackts.

Liverpool FC, champions of nothing again.

Rafa Benitez? Mr Factman. decent/good manager? Great manager? fat spanish waiter? You decide.
<!-- / message --> <!-- edit note -->

I asked if you won anything ie A trophy. You know the shiny things. Answer NO. Like I said highlight of your season. lol I feel pity.

That's called Banter. Of course it was one of the highlights of our season, would of been one of yours if the results were reversed.

"We did everything we could, everyone else let us down."

Yes you did, your manager ranted, we batter the rent boys and you drew a blank v Stoke. You did great, thanks.

Tongue was firmly in cheek.

"Maybe bitter is the wrong word. Ignorant is more suiting."

Yes we are ignorant to all the trophies liverpool amassed when most of us were not even born. Ignorant to the fact you went six years without beating us and then celebrated as though you had won the treble when you did. How embarrassing.

Again you show your ignorance by referring to points I have not made.

"Yes, quite possibly seeing as you're the best team at the moment. That's the whole point of this thread, we're saying Manchester United are the better team."

Yup, thats a fact. Pity torrific and several others can't see that. We are the better team, at the moment and have been for the last two decades.

Erm yeah.

"Football History doesn't begin with the Premiership."

No it doesn't. Neither did it begin in the 70's or 80's. Were it not for Munich United would have ruled the 50's and 60's. But we are not bitter we won ol big ears first. Thing is I can't remember much from the 70's and the 80's. I wasn't born and cant remember much during the first 5 years of my life, so I can only point to the FACHTS that I can remember.

I never said it began in the 60's or 70's. If it wasn't for Hillsborough then things may be different too. Of course you aren't bitter, well not unless you lose. I seem to remember a certain Sir making hilarious claims about Liverpool and his own side each time results went against him. Bitter? Yes.

"Sounds like you're doing the exact same thing, but yours are a little more recent. If it wasn't for your fortunate Champs League win in 1999 we wouldn't be having this discussion."

Yes we would because we would have won 11 league championships and im sure we won it last year in Moscow. I can't remember, too many finals, too many trophies.

Tongue was quite clearly in cheek about the CL bit.

"1 x League, 3 x FA Cup, 3 x League Cup, 3 x Charity Shield, 1 x Champions League, 1 x UEFA Cup, 2 x European Super Cup. Someone needs to learn to count. And like I said before, football History didn't start 19 years ago."

Also mate Football did not finish in the 80's either. Everything after 1990 counts too. (11 prems 2 Euro cups, 1 cup winners cup, 5 fa cup, 1 world club cup, 1 intercontinental cup, 5 fa cups, 8 charity shield, 3 league cups)...

I wasn't asking for a comparison. You posted a ridioclous claim that Liverpool had only won one major trophy since 1990. I was just doing my duty and proving how wrong you were by listing all of the major (and lesser) trophies we won since then.

Liverpool fans aka part time historians used to do my nut in with their constant harping on about their glory days. Its annoying. 19 years in MODERN DAY football is a very long time to go without winning your domestic league is poor. See how I said modern day ie post premiership and Euro Champions club cup.

You call Everton the bitter blues because they won stuff back in the day and you call us bitter because we are winning things now. lol its a joke.

okay I want to share with you some fackts today.

Manchester United World Champions. English Champions. European Champions. Record 11 premiership titles.

Sir Alex Ferguson most successful manager in the English Game.

Now some more fackts.

Liverpool FC, champions of nothing again.

Rafa Benitez? Mr Factman. decent/good manager? Great manager? fat spanish waiter? You decide.

Same old nonsense. Can see that all of my points were valid and instead of thinking of a decent counter argument you go completely off track and say things that have nothing to do with me.

Well he was using the fact we won the league to say Ferguson was better than Benitez which I think everyone will agree.

Here's an interesting one-from my opinion. Alot of this debate has gone on about Benitez only being at Liverpool five years, so to compare his haul with Fergusons is unfair. Valid to an extent. But what about Arsene Wenger? He won the league in 1997/98 after only a few years, having not spent shitloads (correct me if I'm wrong). At least in comparison to us anyway, who probably were big spenders on the back of a double and a league title. Also, alot of this team (Adams, Seaman, Bergkamp) wasn't his. Just thought I'd throw that out there for the Liverpool fans to fuel even more debate :D

Man Utd fans have the facts? Are you being serious? Not one United fan has came in here with a single fact, instead you just spout the usual nonsense you hear from idiots who watch too Match of the Day and troll the 606 forums.

Things like the Aurellio vs Evra thing is just a matter of opinion. Personally I don't rate Evra because everytime he plays he has a poor game, whether Aurelio is better I don't know. If you ignore the things that are quite clearly opinion and read all of the other posts you will realise the Man Utd fans are the ones talking rubbish. Fact.

I'm not sure who's worse. 19-11-08 for being a complete tool, or you for being completely oblivious to anything that you don't want to believe.
what when did i become a tool. i'm just having some banter with you liverpool fans and you call me a tool. my feelings are hurt.

i would not swap anderson for any player in the world especially not that dirty ******* mascherano.

lmao are u serious, anderson isnt even that good and in a way united ruined him, he was dubbed the next ronaldinho and if u watched him when he was playing in portugal he played behind the striker, doin tricks , flicks the lot.
he had serious potential but now you play him as a cm or dm which tbh is a waste
and your telling me you woodnt swap him for anyone in the world?
you ok mate?

And in a year or two he will be one of the best all round midfielders in the world. I go to every home game, and he doesn't even always push forward like he could-and you can tell its his choice. Plus, his shooting is the one thing that needs working on. Plus, he once said his favourite position is left back! He's used as a CM because of his energy, and he still can run with the ball. I wouldn't bet against him having a belter in the CL final-which he will start in, as he's almost first choice for these games.

So yeah he's totally ruined, lining up for the best team in the world against the other best team in the world, in the biggest club final in the world...

And in a year or two he will be one of the best all round midfielders in the world. I go to every home game, and he doesn't even always push forward like he could-and you can tell its his choice. Plus, his shooting is the one thing that needs working on. Plus, he once said his favourite position is left back! He's used as a CM because of his energy, and he still can run with the ball. I wouldn't bet against him having a belter in the CL final-which he will start in, as he's almost first choice for these games.

So yeah he's totally ruined, lining up for the best team in the world against the other best team in the world, in the biggest club final in the world...
agree with everything ajw says. i wouldn't swap anderson with anyone in the world because he is my favourite player by far. he's a great passer, he's strong, he's got energy, his hair and when i watch him play he makes me smile.
Also i trust ferguson's opinions a lot more that yours jdy11 and he thinks he is the natural succesor to scholes and he has said he will be the next player like robson and keane who is vital to the teams performance.

Also, lee why am i a tool.

Also, lee why am i a tool.

Because of these...

or maybe the difference is liverpool have a stupid **** of a manager.

benitez is a ******
benitez is **** at mind games
benitez/liverpool/parry spend most of their money on **** players

vidic is best defender in the world while carragher couldn't get into the england team.

benitez is a really bad loser, **** at mind games, **** at rotating his team, buys loads of **** players and is just generally ****. he has hardly improved your team just because youv'e had a good season this year does not mean it will continue.

I agree with this though...
i love you redders

Because of these...

vidic is best defender in the world while carragher couldn't get into the england team.

i love you redders

some people would agree with those...especially the last one 8-|.

Because of these...

or maybe the difference is liverpool have a stupid **** of a manager.

benitez is a ******
benitez is **** at mind games
benitez/liverpool/parry spend most of their money on **** players

benitez is a really bad loser, **** at mind games, **** at rotating his team, buys loads of **** players and is just generally ****. he has hardly improved your team just because youv'e had a good season this year does not mean it will continue.

i love you redders
i'm still not a tool. just because i don't think ngog, benitez or liverpool are good doesn't make me a tool. vidic is the best defender in the world and carragher retired cause he was a permanent bench\coach warmer. i'll concede liverpool are good and benitez is quite good but nowhere near as good as ferguson.

That's called Banter. Of course it was one of the highlights of our season, would of been one of yours if the results were reversed.

Yes it is banter. Why are my comments classed as ridiculous etc and yours classed as banter? No mate, the highlights of our season consist of 3 trophies and a cl final. Beating liverpool would hav been nice but im happy nonetheless. No bitterness watsoever.

"Tongue was firmly in cheek."

yeah? couldv fooled me.

"Again you show your ignorance by referring to points I have not made."

No my scouse friend, I was showing you how mancs are not ignorant where as for all kopites it seems ignorance is bliss. LIVERPOOL have achieved NOTHING this season.

"Erm yeah."

facts don't lie.

"I never said it began in the 60's or 70's. If it wasn't for Hillsborough then things may be different too. Of course you aren't bitter, well not unless you lose. I seem to remember a certain Sir making hilarious claims about Liverpool and his own side each time results went against him. Bitter? Yes."

When did you read the bit where i said football began in '92??? Merely a counter argument against your stupid claim. Bitter? yes you are. Your lifetime consists of United winning everything in sight, how can I be bitter? How can any united fan be bitter? Explain plz.

"Tongue was quite clearly in cheek about the CL bit."

A lot of this toungue in cheek bollocks. Sarcasm is hard to grasp through text fella.

"I wasn't asking for a comparison. You posted a ridioclous claim that Liverpool had only won one major trophy since 1990. I was just doing my duty and proving how wrong you were by listing all of the major (and lesser) trophies we won since then."

Whats a major trophy these days Lee? is the fa cup a major trophy? I think it is but does Rafa? Its the prem and the Cl everyone wants hence my factual claim of 1 major trophy in 19 "ODD YEARS" I cant believe you included ***** like the charity shield and super cup in your list. lol...

Back