Man Utd money the key - Benitez

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 124
  • Views Views 5K
This is from a Leeds fan, as much as it hurts to say - Patrice Evra is the best Left Back in England

Mmmm.... okay !?

"mate. you are a ****. swearing is just something that happens don't have cry about it."

I'm just saying you don't need to swear to make a valid point, and in fact people tend to accept your point of view more if you don't swear, simples yes ?

And having watched that game over and over I can say in my opinion Lucas passing and managing of the ball helped us keep possession and win the game if that isn't crucial then I don't know what is. Of course all the players had a crucial role in that game to be fair.

Ferguson did well at Aberdeen but it was a time when there was NO money in the Scottish game full stop !, Aberdeen were still in a professional club, I'd like to see him take on a Semi Professional club in the Blue Square North/South and see how it goes, same for Benitez, to argue that Money along with Managerial skill isn't a key factor is insane.

You said that liking mangers because they had honour and were good to the fans is pathetic, well I think that having a team you can love comes before having a team that wins medals, just my way, It's funny really I watched the Man Utd lverpool game and at 3 - 1 down and the Man Utd supportesr were silent, yet in the last minutes of the Liverpool Arsenal game being one goal down all you could hear was the "You'll never Walk Alone" resounding around the stadium, I think thats says it all for me, Trophies, Cups, Medals, nice to have but I'd rather have a team that makes me feel proud no matter what the result.

Last edited:
This is from a Leeds fan, as much as it hurts to say - Patrice Evra is the best Left Back in England
thanks for being totally unbiased sam to you jdy11.
totally off topic.
i've always wondered what leeds fans think of cantona. united legend but played for you first.

... I'll just repeat what I said about Evra, Ronaldo etc,

Like I said before if you compare Evra and Aurelio they have similiar records but Aurelio is just a better player all round...

"Patrick Evra is by no means in the top 3 Left Backs in the world, He is a good player at times, but crucially he shows a lack of defensive thinking when closing down players and lacks the skill to close them down effectively anyways, he has rarely turned over possession of the ball this season, something which I've seen Aurelio do quite often. Auerlio has been capped 6 times for Brazil and has a better pass completion ratio this season than Evra, He won the Paulitsa State Championship with Sao Paulo, was a Runner up in the Copa do Brazil, In Spain he was a Winner in La Liga twice, Uefa Cup and the European Super Cup. Auerlio has Played 202 games and scored 21 goals. Patrice Evra has 17 French caps, and has one 3 Premier Leagues, 2 league cups, UEFA Champions League, and the World Club cup, He has scored 8 goals in 360 appearances. To be fair there is very little difference between the two, accept that Evra is at a more successful club and Aurelio has been better this season and has overall more goals than Evra. If I had to choose I would take Aurelio, plainly he gets you more goals, completes more passes, is more confident, is better a set pieces, and performs in crucial games, Of course If I could choose Lizarazu, Maldini or Roberto Carlos then Evra and Aurelio would be left for dust!.

To argue that Vidic is the heart of the Man Utd defence at the expense of Rio Ferdinand is a complete joke, Vidic always looks shaky without Ferdinand near by, Vidic even said this himself on Soccer AM, He is a good player but not a patch on players like the great Oscar Ruggeri, Nesta, Beckenbaur, Puyol, Marquez, Carragher or even John Terry (I hate to say it but it's true) and he's certinaly shown that on occasions he can make silly mistakes and get too worked up, something which I've not seen Martin Skertl do yet.

Ronaldo? well he's no great, He's too arrogant, too moody and too dirty to ever be a "Great" he is an excellent player, but he'll never be great, Being great is being like Van Basten, Cruyff, Eusebio, Pele, Garrincha, Rivelinho, Messi, Ronaldo, Flamini, Baggio, Rossi, Rush. He's just not "Great" material, he's petulant, he cheats openely and as we saw in the world cup has no real loyalty to friends or colleagues. Even if you just take goals scored, look at Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima; 329 goals from 480 games, compare that to Christianos poultry 123 goals from 322 games even compared to Messi's 79 goals in 160 games he's not looking that great. So no he's good but he's not the best player in the world now, nor in the past, and I think his character will bar him form being in the same league as these other players."

"mate. you are a ****. swearing is just something that happens don't have cry about it."

I'm just saying you don't need to swear to make a valid point, and in fact people tend to accept your point of view more if you don't swear, simples yes ?

And having watched that game over and over I can say in my opinion Lucas passing and managing of the ball helped us keep possession and win the game if that isn't crucial then I don't know what is. Of course all the players had a crucial role in that game to be fair.

why have you watched the game over and over again. lucas is ****. most people agree but a few clueless people.

also why does him getting a bronze medal count for anything. the stupid **** came on in the semi and got sent off fouling a pool team mate.

i guess you conceded defeat on your other ****** points.

I guess we'll never agree on Evra-he's one of the best in the world imo0you don't establish yourself as automic pick for a title winning team three years on the trot, as well as a CL winning team without being good. he also displaced a massive fans' favourite (at the time) in Heinze to get into the team. I guess Aurelio is all-round when he's rotated with Dossena and Insua alot (maybe its cos of the injuries) but I don't think he is >> Evra. And Park has played on the right and left, along with ronny, its part of our squads adaptability-shame Kuyt and Riera don't have that talent. Park is usually picked for his work rate, and that includes helping the full backs but it aint because Evra is poor.

Watch where Park is played and when he's played there. He's the balance player to cover Evra when Evra is caught out. Either Rooney or Ronaldo has to stay wide - Ronaldo's recent success has come on the backs of Park and Rooney's workrate. ;)

Not saying Evra is a bad player by any means - I just think he's suspect defensively because his positioning sucks. Classic example is how he managed to get Vidic sent off against us this season - we consistently exploited that. Part of it is because of the way you lot play - if you look carefully, Evra plays more as a wingback than a traditional fullback. So you end up with a back three and an extra man in midfield to recycle possession. That's why Park is frequently moved over to that wing when the opposition right winger is taking advantage of Evra wanting/needing to move forward. Problem with that is that it isolates Ronaldo when he plays on the right as your right fullbacks need to stay back to give some defensive solidity. A decent left fullback keeps Ronaldo quiet every day of the week because they don't have to worry about the fullback getting forward. But if Ronaldo plays on the left to allow Park's workrate to make up for the disadvantage of playing a defensively minded right fullback, then Evra gets exposed. Essien has shown that, amongst others. Problem is that few teams have the courage to let their right fullback bomb on against Ronaldo or Rooney or Park.

Good Jonathan Wilson article here, just to prove I'm not inventing this: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/feb/12/rio-ferdinand-manchester-united-defence

Personally, I think Insua is going to be a better player than Aurelio but at the moment, if Aurelio is fit, he's the best. Wish he were fit more often :D

Kuyt's flexibility is in his ability to come inside when Gerrard moves wide. Benayoun has that ability too. Riera is just getting used to doing it. We don't need him to swap sides totally because our fullbacks are more rounded as players and sound defensively - helped a great deal by Mash covering so much ground to help double cover too.

why have you watched the game over and over again. lucas is ****. most people agree but a few clueless people.

also why does him getting a bronze medal count for anything. the stupid **** came on in the semi and got sent off fouling a pool team mate.

i guess you conceded defeat on your other ****** points.

Yes he's so rubbish he captained over Anderson, Also funny that he wasn't the only Brazilian Player to be sent off, and in addition Anderson got a yellow as well.

All I'm saying is that actually you'll find he is a good player good enough for the Premier League and certainly good enough to hold his own in a team that beat a good Man Utd side.

As for my other points as you didn't actually bother to make any valid arguments against them and simply chose to type a trail of expletives and negative comments without any factual basis... my points still stand.

Like I said before if you compare Evra and Aurelio they have similiar records but Aurelio is just a better player all round...

"Patrick Evra is by no means in the top 3 Left Backs in the world, He is a good player at times, but crucially he shows a lack of defensive thinking when closing down players and lacks the skill to close them down effectively anyways, he has rarely turned over possession of the ball this season, something which I've seen Aurelio do quite often. Auerlio has been capped 6 times for Brazil and has a better pass completion ratio this season than Evra, He won the Paulitsa State Championship with Sao Paulo, was a Runner up in the Copa do Brazil, In Spain he was a Winner in La Liga twice, Uefa Cup and the European Super Cup. Auerlio has Played 202 games and scored 21 goals. Patrice Evra has 17 French caps, and has one 3 Premier Leagues, 2 league cups, UEFA Champions League, and the World Club cup, He has scored 8 goals in 360 appearances. To be fair there is very little difference between the two, accept that Evra is at a more successful club and Aurelio has been better this season and has overall more goals than Evra. If I had to choose I would take Aurelio, plainly he gets you more goals, completes more passes, is more confident, is better a set pieces, and performs in crucial games, Of course If I could choose Lizarazu, Maldini or Roberto Carlos then Evra and Aurelio would be left for dust!.

To argue that Vidic is the heart of the Man Utd defence at the expense of Rio Ferdinand is a complete joke, Vidic always looks shaky without Ferdinand near by, Vidic even said this himself on Soccer AM, He is a good player but not a patch on players like the great Oscar Ruggeri, Nesta, Beckenbaur, Puyol, Marquez, Carragher or even John Terry (I hate to say it but it's true) and he's certinaly shown that on occasions he can make silly mistakes and get too worked up, something which I've not seen Martin Skertl do yet.

Ronaldo? well he's no great, He's too arrogant, too moody and too dirty to ever be a "Great" he is an excellent player, but he'll never be great, Being great is being like Van Basten, Cruyff, Eusebio, Pele, Garrincha, Rivelinho, Messi, Ronaldo, Flamini, Baggio, Rossi, Rush. He's just not "Great" material, he's petulant, he cheats openely and as we saw in the world cup has no real loyalty to friends or colleagues. Even if you just take goals scored, look at Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima; 329 goals from 480 games, compare that to Christianos poultry 123 goals from 322 games even compared to Messi's 79 goals in 160 games he's not looking that great. So no he's good but he's not the best player in the world now, nor in the past, and I think his character will bar him form being in the same league as these other players."
obvioulsy you did not concede defeat.

who are the top three then. let me guess aurelio, palmeiras's left back and their reserve left back. where you get this bullshit about evra being **** at defending i don't know. you are obviously just an idiot who watched evra during his bad form and has decided he is ****. he is a solid defender and great going forward. i'm pretty sure aurelio had a **** game against arsenal so he obviously isn't always good in big games.

twats who say vidic is nothing without ferdinand are retards. in our record breaking run of cleansheets vidic was the only constant so he was obviously good enough to break records without ferdinand. CARRAGHER. are you actually retarded. mentally retarded. serious mental problems. the man couldn't even start for england.

ronaldo dirty. he hardly ever makes a tackle. i guess maradona is not great either you blatantly biased ****. maradona was 100 times more of a cheat and dirty than ronaldo so i guess he is about as good as a sunday league player.

he probably is the best and even if he isn't the point i'm making is they would swap him for kuyt.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Yes he's so rubbish he captained over Anderson, Also funny that he wasn't the only Brazilian Player to be sent off, and in addition Anderson got a yellow as well.

All I'm saying is that actually you'll find he is a good player good enough for the Premier League and certainly good enough to hold his own in a team that beat a good Man Utd side.

As for my other points as you didn't actually bother to make any valid arguments against them and simply chose to type a trail of expletives and negative comments without any factual basis... my points still stand.
gary neville is captain of united does that make him better than ferdinand. NO!

yellow. red. there is a major difference

i spent all of that game watching anderson and i reckon brasil rate anderson highly enough that he was given the job of marking messi. while lucas is rated so highly they reserved a special place on the bench for him.

Last edited:
obvioulsy you did not concede defeat.

who are the top three then. let me guess aurelio, palmeiras's left back and their reserve left back. where you get this bullshit about evra being **** at defending i don't know. you are obviously just an idiot who watched evra during his bad form and has decided he is ****. he is a solid defender and great going forward. i'm pretty sure aurelio had a **** game against arsenal so he obviously isn't always good in big games.

twats who say vidic is nothing without ferdinand are retards. in our record breaking run of cleansheets vidic was the only constant so he was obviously good enough to break records without ferdinand. CARRAGHER. are you actually retarded. mentally retarded. serious mental problems. the man couldn't even start for england.

ronaldo dirty. he hardly ever makes a tackle. i guess maradona is not great either you blatantly biased ****. maradona was 100 times more of a cheat and dirty than ronaldo so i guess he is about as good as a sunday league player.

he probably is the best and even if he isn't the point i'm making is they would swap him for kuyt.

Hahahah firstly I didn't list Maradona he was a good player he is better than Ronaldo but of course he cheated and on the biggest stage too, And altough he's an amazing player I don't think he should be one of the all time greats because it tarnishes the integrity of football, it's the same with Ronaldo. You don't have to make a tackle to be dirty, diving is just as dirty and yes I've seen Gerrard and Torres (he was like Drogba for Athletico) dive too before you cry foul, they just don't do it every other match.

I'll think you'll find Carragher has made 34 caps for England, and thats not bad considering the likes of Adams and Campbell were about.

All I'm going on is what Vidic said himself, I didn't say he wasn't a good player I said that he wasn't as good without Rio there along side him. are you seriously telling me that Man Utd look more solid with Jonny Evans alongside instead of Ferdinand?

It's odd how your branding me as Biased when your the one syaing Carragher has never had a cap for England when actually he made his first full match debut for England Against Holland in 2001, and he was injured for the 2002 World Cup. He also had the most youth cpas and was captain of the youth team for a record amount of time.

And I'm the biased one ?

Self reflection is something Ronaldo is missing as well.

Last edited:

Ferguson did well at Aberdeen but it was a time when there was NO money in the Scottish game full stop !, Aberdeen were still in a professional club, I'd like to see him take on a Semi Professional club in the Blue Square North/South and see how it goes, same for Benitez, to argue that Money along with Managerial skill isn't a key factor is insane.

You said that liking mangers because they had honour and were good to the fans is pathetic, well I think that having a team you can love comes before having a team that wins medals, just my way, It's funny really I watched the Man Utd lverpool game and at 3 - 1 down and the Man Utd supportesr were silent, yet in the last minutes of the Liverpool Arsenal game being one goal down all you could hear was the "You'll never Walk Alone" resounding around the stadium, I think thats says it all for me, Trophies, Cups, Medals, nice to have but I'd rather have a team that makes me feel proud no matter what the result.
do you just post on this site to hurt me with your ignorance.
i never said it was pathetic to LIKE a manager for being nice (you made no mention to honour) but that it is pathetic to say one is better than the other because one is nicer. i never said i would prefer a team that won medals to one i loved. i love united. the thing about scousers singing just proves their more vocal fans emirates and old trafford are quiet doesn't mean the fans don't love the club.

Lolz

yellow. red. there is a major difference

i spent all of that game watching anderson and i reckon brasil rate anderson highly enough that he was given the job of marking messi. while lucas is rated so highly they reserved a special place on the bench for him.
And remember that game Lucas was the second player sent off and a whole bunch of Brazil players got cards because they couldn't handle the the Argentinian team, and that Includes Anderson.

O erm and who wasted possession and was subbed off in the Man Utd Vs Liverpool game, could it be Anderson by any chance ?

"i never said i would prefer a team that won medals to one i loved. i love united. the thing about scousers singing just proves their more vocal fans emirates and old trafford are quiet doesn't mean the fans don't love the club."

Perhaps so but you know If your willing to sing your heart out doesn't that show you love the club, maybe not more than supporters who are silent, and to be fair Man United Supporters are never silent when they are winning, I just think it shows that you love the club and support them even when they are on the losing end of the game!

To be fair as much as I support Liverpool, Palmeiras, Barcelona, Wolfsburg, Roma etc I'm more than happy to say that I think teams like Man Utd, Corinthians, Bayern, Villerreal, AC Milan play excellent, and better football at times. Personally more than anything I just like to see good football !

As for the managers I did mean to infer Honour as well, As I said before it's just my opinion most people rate managers etc on Medals and Silverware which is why the average life expectancy of a top flight manager is so low, But I don't rate managers on that alone.

Last edited:
Hahahah firstly I didn't list Maradona he was a good player he is better than Ronaldo but of course he cheated and on the biggest stage too, And altough he's an amazing player I don't think he should be one of the all time greats because it tarnishes the integrity of football, it's the same with Ronaldo. You don't have to make a tackle to be dirty, diving is just as dirty and yes I've seen Gerrard and Torres (he was like Drogba for Athletico) dive too before you cry foul, they just don't do it every other match.

I'll think you'll find Carragher has made 34 caps for England, and thats not bad considering the likes of Adams and Campbell were about.

All I'm going on is what Vidic said himself, I didn't say he wasn't a good player I said that he wasn't as good without Rio there along side him. are you seriously telling me that Man Utd look more solid with Jonny Evans alongside instead of Ferdinand?

It's odd how your branding me as Biased when your the one syaing Carragher has never had a cap for England when actually he made his first full match debut for England Against Holland in 2001, and he was injured for the 2002 World Cup. He also had the most youth cpas and was captain of the youth team for a record amount of time.

And I'm the biased one ?

Self reflection is something Ronaldo is missing as well.

you not thinking maradona is one of football's greats proves your'e a total ******.

34 caps is not great is it. less than rooney and he is 24.

i didn't say he was better on his own just that he is great on his own and with ferdinand.

i never said he had no caps just that he was never a first team regular. the reason people like carragher and milner have loads of youth caps and ronney and ronaldo don't is that while rooney and ronaldo were playing in senior international tournaments carregher and milner were only good enough for the under 21's.

you also managed to avoid telling me why carragher is better than vidic. probably because he isn't.

your biased because i'm not trying to argue torres isn't good.

i'm sure you know ronaldo personally to know he's not good at self reflection you stupid ****.

Lol...

you not thinking maradona is one of football's greats proves your'e a total ******.

34 caps is not great is it. less than rooney and he is 24.

i didn't say he was better on his own just that he is great on his own and with ferdinand.

i never said he had no caps just that he was never a first team regular. the reason people like carragher and milner have loads of youth caps and ronney and ronaldo don't is that while rooney and ronaldo were playing in senior international tournaments carregher and milner were only good enough for the under 21's.

you also managed to avoid telling me why carragher is better than vidic. probably because he isn't.

your biased because i'm not trying to argue torres isn't good.

i'm sure you know ronaldo personally to know he's not good at self reflection you stupid ****.

Carragher has played longer at this level and I've seen more of him and he's better, when Vidic has a few years behind him I'm sure he'll be just as good, I have no doubt that Ferdinand is better. And quote on quote you said "Thats why he's never started for England" - which was a complete lie based on your biased view of the player and your clearly not thinking reasonably.

I never said that Maradona isn't one of the best players ever I just said that in my opinion he doesn't deserve the accolade because of his cheating, but I concede that most people wouldn't care about that because he was a fantastic player just a shame he wasn't good enough to head the ball rather than punch it, I think we can both agree that Ronaldo is better in the air than Maradona.

I don't need to know him personally he said it himself in news paper interviews and the such and he shows it on the pitch. simple as.

You do spit your dummy out a lot don't you ?

Last edited:

mate. you are a ****. swearing is just something that happens don't have cry about it.

agree with first one but ferguson did do extremely well with aberdeen with not a massive budget and to be fair to benitez he did similar with valencia but i don't know the size of his budget or the control he had.

second. i'm fine with you thinking shankly or busby is better but for those pathetic reasons. his personality. i'm sure you've spoken to ferguson many times and know he's some kind of evil *******. ferguson is a decent man. also it's a different era of football you can't expect benitez or ferguson to answer every single fan letter at a time when football has such a global reach.

anderson was in the same youth team as lucas and you'll probably know won the golden ball in the tournament. bullshit he was a major part of our defeat. gerrard was, torres was but lucas. he was only part of it because he was on the pitch.

can't be bothered responding to rest of your points.
you didn't respond to the second point before the edit i think. which has extremely valid points about the impossible nature of answering all letters now and the success benitez and fergie had without money. you didn't respond to the point about lucas being captain but anderson being star and whey you did in the edit you just repeated the same thing about captaincy.

expletives. bullshit, **** and *******. three. hardly a trail. and only two were aimed at you.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Carragher has played longer at this level and I've seen more of him and he's better, when Vidic has a few years behind him I'm sure he'll be just as good, I have no doubt that Ferdinand is better. And quote on quote you said "Thats why he's never started for England" - which was a complete lie based on your biased view of the player and your clearly not thinking reasonably.

I never said that Maradona isn't one of the best players ever I just said that in my opinion he doesn't deserve the accolade because of his cheating, but I concede that most people wouldn't care about that because he was a fantastic player just a shame he wasn't good enough to head the ball rather than punch it, I think we can both agree that Ronaldo is better in the air than Maradona.

I don't need to know him personally he said it himself in news paper interviews and the such and he shows it on the pitch. simple as.

You do spit your dummy out a lot don't you ?
vidic is at his peak right now and is better than carragher was at his peak hence vidic is better. i never said he's never started for his country. look through my posts. i said and this a real quote not made up one like yours "the man couldn't even start for england." he couldn't he hardly ever started. pelease don't post back that he has started for england. EXAGGERATION.
in what news paper did he actually say that. because i reckon you made it up or the newspaper were lieing.

how is this spitting my dummy out. i'm just arguing with you.

you didn't respond to the second point before the edit i think. which has extremely valid points about the impossible nature of answering all letters now and the success benitez and fergie had without money. you didn't respond to the point about lucas being captain but anderson being star and whey you did in the edit you just repeated the same thing about captaincy.

expletives. bullshit, **** and *******. three. hardly a trail. and only two were aimed at you.

Lol true but be careful you know what mods are like with personal abuse and the such,

To answer your points,

1) Like I said Valencia and Aberdeen are both professional teams I don't know if they would be as successful at the really small semi-professional clubs, I agree with you that both of the managers are great managers I'm just saying that it would be harder for them without the kind of money even Aberdeen and Valencia had.

2) I responded by saying that in the Liverpool vs Man Utd game Anderson was subbed and had a rubbish game, I wouldn't say Anderson is a star, not yet but he's one of my favourite united players, along with JS Park. So you see as far as I'm can see there is nothing wrong with Lucas as a top fligh player and I'm sure he and Anderson have **** games as we've both seen doesn't mean we should write either of them off.

why does this always happen. you only have 20 posts and i must have replied to the majority of them. it's like all our opinions are opposite. i reckon after a load of posts we've come to some kind of compromise. which is good cus i was trying to play fm.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

vidic is at his peak right now and is better than carragher was at his peak hence vidic is better. i never said he's never started for his country. look through my posts. i said and this a real quote not made up one like yours "the man couldn't even start for england." he couldn't he hardly ever started. pelease don't post back that he has started for england. EXAGGERATION.
in what news paper did he actually say that. because i reckon you made it up or the newspaper were lieing.

how is this spitting my dummy out. i'm just arguing with you.

Hahahah So "the man couldn't even start for England" means you think he couldn't like "you couldn't kick a ball if you tried" Whether you like it or not he started for England, end of story, Considering the competition of Adams, Campbell and Ferdinand I'd say thats pretty good no ?

I couldn't find the Article I scoured the the net for it but without the right quote all I could find is Ferguson agreeing that he is arrogant etc, here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...es-Arsenal-rival-Wenger-Ronaldo-arrogant.html

Yeah we do agree on some things, there is always common ground if you get over the passion of being a fan for one team or the other especilly rival teams and sometimes even players (Rooney) fall foul of it, and sorry but it sounded like you were getting a bit heated about it all lol, but erm yep With Ronaldo or Maradona it's not that I don't think they are great players, I just don't like them for cheating and attitude etc, and yes the Gerrard dive in the CL Final ****** more off is well if you can't winit fairly don't win at all.

Last edited:
Hahahah So "the man couldn't even start for England" means you think he couldn't like "you couldn't kick a ball if you tried" Whether you like it or not he started for England, end of story, Considering the competition of Adams, Campbell and Ferdinand I'd say thats pretty good no ?

I couldn't find the Article I scoured the the net for it but without the right quote all I could find is Ferguson agreeing that he is arrogant etc, here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...es-Arsenal-rival-Wenger-Ronaldo-arrogant.html

Yeah we do agree on some things, there is always common, and sorry but it sounded like you were getting a bit heated about it all lol, but erm yep With Ronaldo or Maradona it's not that I don't think they are great players, I just don't like them for cheating and attitude etc, and yes the Gerrard dive in the CL Final ****** more off is well if you can't winit fairly don't win at all.

no. i do not a agree. face it he is ****. being behind adams is not bad. but behind jagielka and upson. ****.

i thought it was over.
EDIT:

“What Arsene said is that it sometimes appears as though there is an arrogance (with Ronaldo) and I can understand what he is saying.
''When a player is expressing himself in such an entertaining way, then defenders don’t enjoy it. It was the same when George Best was a player.
'But what people don’t understand is that it’s not about what people are prepared to do, it’s about having the courage to"
in my book ferguson is correcting what the media had twisted wenger's meaning into, that what arsene actually meant was that when he is toying with defenders he can SEEM arrogant and that is why he is fouled so much which ferguson agreed with which is then twisted once again to mean that fergie thinks ronaldo is arrogant.

Last edited:
no. i do not a agree. face it he is ****. being behind adams is not bad. but behind jagielka and upson. ****.

i thought it was over.

Hahha but he's not he retired from International football ages ago, he's way too old to be playing in the Prem and on International duty over the summer. Plus to be fair they never played him as a CB and that ****** him off royally I think, McClaren rated him ironically enough lol.

I agree with the Ferguson arrogance thing, but I know I read a interview with him somewhere where he concedes that what he did to Rooney was wrong and that he feels that he can be a dirty player at times, And we all know thats true anyways as we see him do it week in week out, so yes it doesn't matter, tis still true based on the other evidence.

It'll never be over because you'll never be happy until your seen to be right, Like Fergie blathering on about how his team were the best even though they got lashed 4-1.

Lets just agree that we both think that we are each Delusional :D

Last edited:
Hahha but he's not he retired from International football ages ago, he's way too old to be playing in the Prem and on International duty over the summer.
maybe. but the reason he retired was he was always the number 3 defender and then when there were injuries they played upson and jagielka instead. so retired because he wasn't first team or 3rd choice.
**** your edit

Back