Man Utd thrash Wigan to extend lead

But ref did had a word with Rooney, So i think he wont be banned for any games.

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

No, i dont watch football for beutiful men. But when i see Rooney do that. I just have to say what i think about him...and i think he is one of the ugliest footballers. This would be my opinion even if i would be an united fan. I just wouldn't say it.

But yes...De Jong is dirty. He tackles dirty, but he doesn't do anything like that.

How do you feel when you see Tevez?

I don't want to sound like a wannabee Mod but come on guys.. talking about footballer's looks is hardly on topic is it? :p

"The moment he [Clattenburg] saw it, it was clearly a red card.

"Those are big moments in a game. Going down to 10-men, I don't think it guarantees you to win a game, but I think it would have been a completely different proposition for them."

"I saw him [Clattenburg] at half-time and he felt it wasn't a red card, he [just] clipped him. But, if you seen the replay, it's clearly an elbow and it's a decision where I felt if my player had done that, he'd have been very lucky to stay on the pitch.

Martinez

No, i dont watch football for beutiful men. But when i see Rooney do that. I just have to say what i think about him...and i think he is one of the ugliest footballers. This would be my opinion even if i would be an united fan. I just wouldn't say it.

But yes...De Jong is dirty. He tackles dirty, but he doesn't do anything like that.

De Jong doesn't do anything like that? Try telling that to Alonso:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2NqS4IBLxw"]YouTube - De Jong Kick To The Chest (Street Fighter Remix)[/ame]

Why are you concerning yourself with Rooney's looks rather than the football game? He makes £180k a week, goes home to his multi-million pound mansion with Coleen. I'm sure he cares about his looks.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson took an alternate view, feeling Clattenburg made the correct call.

"I have had a chance to see it," said the Scot. "There is nothing in it.

"But, what will happen, the question has been asked and because it is Wayne Rooney the press will raise a campaign to get him hung by Tuesday or electrocuted or something like that.

"It is unbelievable. Watch the press. It will be interesting to see it.
"

How do you feel when you see Tevez?

I dont care about his looks. Maybe just like you dont care about Rooneys looks. His looks doesn't bother me either..i just said that because i was a bit angry at him. But it's ok now. I dont wanna talk about players looks more than this now.

Peace? :D

EDIT: To Joel...i mean that he plays dirty but when the whistle goes...he is like a gentleman :D
He isn't dirty off the ball.

Last edited:
Sigh, utd fans are pathetic on this thread. Madirista no use arguing with them, just ignore them and Mike will deal with them.

And de jong is not dirty, hes never been sent off while playing for us :)

How that was not a red card, is beyond me, He elbowed him right in the face.

Sigh, utd fans are pathetic on this thread. Madirista no use arguing with them, just ignore them and Mike will deal with them.

Uhmm.. if you look at was Madrista who randomly accused Rooney of being violent etc knowing he'd get a reaction out of fans.. he's to blame, not the United fans. How about you actually read comments rather than get a biassed opinion just because they support the team you hate?

DeJong, not Kompany. And how does Looks matters in the game? Do you watch football for beautiful men?

It was red card incident, but ref thought otherwise, so get over it..

Yeah, off the ball incident. Rooney elbowed McCarthy, when there was no need to, and Respect to McCarthy as he didn't make a meal of it. Ref had a word with Rooney, so i dont think FA can take any further actions.

Rooney possibly could have been sent off.

I've seen it described as a nothing challenge, a back hand slap around the ear and a vicious elbow.
Didn't watch the game so i'll have to wait till it's on motd.

To be fair it wasn't an accident, you could see that Rooney had his arm at hip level and when he went past the Wigan player, he moved his right arm up and caught him.. I wonder if there was an exchange of words or something? It's not like Rooney to lash out for nothing.. usually it would be a bad refereeing decision or a bad tackle on him probing him to do so.

Do you read, or just make a random post and disappear from here? Many United fans said it was red card incident.

Oh FFS De Jong is not dirty? And you call United fans pathetic. Mirror check please.
Most dirtiest player in the league..

While there wasn't a great deal of contact (elbow glances of the cheek and he didn't go straight though him), it still probably should have been a red IMO.

And yes De Jong is dirty. That is undeniable.

Why are we even discussing City players in this thread? :S Can't we just have ONE civil match report thread that discusses the game?

Good win for United, if fairly predictable. Moses looked extremely good for Wigan, which is good to see.

Uhmm.. if you look at was Madrista who randomly accused Rooney of being violent etc knowing he'd get a reaction out of fans.. he's to blame, not the United fans. How about you actually read comments rather than get a biassed opinion just because they support the team you hate?

Yes i said that Rooney is violent...and everyone know he is. That elbow proved it. But i said it because i think that elbow was a clear red.

And i said rooney is ugly because i was angry at him. It's my opinion and i woudn't say it if i wasn't that ****** off. I didin't want to start a fight with the United fans.

So why blame me? I didin't quote anyone, did i? Am i the "Mr Controversy" here? :D

Yes i said that Rooney is violent...and everyone know he is. That elbow proved it. But i said it because i think that elbow was a clear red.

And i said rooney is ugly because i was angry at him. It's my opinion and i woudn't say it if i wasn't that ****** off. I didin't want to start a fight with the United fans.

So why blame me? I didin't quote anyone, did i? Am i the "Mr Controversy" here? :D

Please explain to me how Rooney is a violent player? He may get angry sometimes, but he's never tried to physical badly harm another player and whenever he does hurt someone like he did today.. it's a rare case.

Please explain to me how Rooney is a violent player? He may get angry sometimes, but he's never tried to physical badly harm another player and whenever he does hurt someone like he did today.. it's a rare case.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZJn4UgpjY4"]YouTube - Rooney Portsmouth Tackle[/ame]

Maybe violent is the wrong word. But he has temperament...im not english so i dont know the right word but he is hot headed. But the post above shows that he is a bit violent atleast.

And Rooney didn't try to hurt anyone in that video. Not even two footed. FAIL.

Would you call Gerrard as dirty after countless two footed lunges and after this?

gerrard-assault.gif

And Rooney didn't try to hurt anyone in that video. Not even two footed. FAIL.

Would you call Gerrard as dirty after countless two footed lunges and after this?

gerrard-assault.gif

Shame this isn't about Liverpool....

And that video proved nothing. He didn't go two footed. Just trying to win the ball. You can see his right foot was trying to block the ball rather than going for ankle. As i said FAIL.