Man Utd thrash Wigan to extend lead

Violent's a bit of an over the top description of Rooney. He's very aggressive and fairly prone to losing his head but it's not as if he's a modern day Roy Keane.

Why are we even discussing City players in this thread? :S Can't we just have ONE civil match report thread that discusses the game?

Good win for United, if fairly predictable. Moses looked extremely good for Wigan, which is good to see.

Nearly impossible to have a civil thread sometimes because of the hatred/jealousy of the fans sometimes. Sayin that, doesn't just apply to just Man City/Utd fans. Get them everywhere.

Unfortunately, Youtube dosen't pick up everything. Rooney is a quite dirty player, and his aggression gets tthe better of him.

FAIL? Sound like 9 when you say that. PWNED

Unfortunately, Youtube dosen't pick up everything. Rooney is a quite dirty player, and his aggression gets tthe better of him.

FAIL? Sound like 9 when you say that. PWNED

Yeah? You couldn't even find a suitable video. So should have kept quiet instead of posting a random video.

Sounds like 9? I'm 7 actually.

Think people should just calm down a bit before its heated. Last thing we need is another thread closed before a proper sensible debate begins. Just calm some skins.

I was really glad to see Hernandez bag 2 more goals. Does anyone think he can become world-class?

I was really glad to see Hernandez bag 2 more goals. Does anyone think he can become world-class?

Hes definately got the potential. Seen him a few times, and I think in a few years he'll be pure quality

To be fair it wasn't an accident, you could see that Rooney had his arm at hip level and when he went past the Wigan player, he moved his right arm up and caught him.. I wonder if there was an exchange of words or something? It's not like Rooney to lash out for nothing.. usually it would be a bad refereeing decision or a bad tackle on him probing him to do so.

I honestly don't think he meant to hit him, he just tried to burst past him and he just caught him with it...that was my first impression anyway; MOTD will tell the full story.

Not sure about world class as different people have different yard stick, but he will be even more lethal when he get used to Club even more, when our players play to his strengths. Will go on to become very good goal scorer for sure.

Think people should just calm down a bit before its heated. Last thing we need is another thread closed before a proper sensible debate begins. Just calm some skins.

Afraid it may be too late, considering the current "debate" is massively off-topic and heated anyway.

Jay Pricey said:

Most definitely. He's lethal and quick, yes, but he has a good work rate and is comfortable drifting around.

madrista just because he didnt make the mistake ronaldo made by going to real madrid hes loyal to a club and ronaldo is the one who looks for the money so dont come on her trying to start an arguement

Fergie summed it up perfectly. Yeah its Rooney, so there should be obvious reaction.
United boss Sir Alex Ferguson took an alternate view, feeling Clattenburg made the correct call.

"I have had a chance to see it," said the Scot. "There is nothing in it.

"But, what will happen, the question has been asked and because it is Wayne Rooney the press will raise a campaign to get him hung by Tuesday or electrocuted or something like that.

"It is unbelievable. Watch the press. It will be interesting to see it.
"

Can see Hernandez becoming our new Andy Cole.

Full on goalscorer, happy to play for the team with great composure, good pace, good strength and great link up play - but was never renowned on the world stage despite all his ability.

Hernandez though has already scored at a World Cup so he could go on to become world renowned, I just don't see it.

I think he will be our OLE. Can change the game coming off the bench. Finishing, Composure, Movement was OLEesque.

Would be nice if he can become Cole, Ole type player.

what fergie said is right thanks for posting that the thing is the press want to see rooney out of tuesday so chelsea can get back in the title race its not going happen sorry just because everybody hates us and dosent want us winning a 19th title.they hates us because were better than the rest and we rise above a challenge

4-0 was pretty harsh on Wigan. They played well in the first half, but slack defending and they went 1-0 down.. Looked like it was going to be a typical unimpressive win for Utd but Wigan didn't put up much of a fight in the second half.

Haven't seen Rooney's elbow/whatever but seems like most people are saying he should have been sent off.

Utd will have to improve if they're going to beat Chelsea.

4-0 was pretty harsh on Wigan. They played well in the first half, but slack defending and they went 1-0 down.. Looked like it was going to be a typical unimpressive win for Utd but Wigan didn't put up much of a fight in the second half.

Haven't seen Rooney's elbow/whatever but seems like most people are saying he should have been sent off.

Utd will have to improve if they're going to beat Chelsea.

Not a typical away performance. First half was average, but we stepped up in the second half and controlled the game. Wigan didn't deserve to lose by 4-0, scoreline is flattering for us.

It was impressive. We created a lot of chances, just couldn't finish it off.

Rooney deserved red card, but the ref saw the incident and had a word with him.

Hernandez is much more clinical than Andy Cole in my opinion, and along with Solksjaer and RVN is the best finisher that I have seen at the club in my lifetime.

Great performance to go with the result today, and particularly pleasing to see Smalling and Vidic striking up a solid partnership. The ball retention was much better today, hardly surprising with Scholes back in the side but hopefully the rest he has had recently will mean he is fresh for Chelsea. Roll on Tuesday!

On the topic of Rooney, it was a certain red card for me and another act of petulance from Rooney, it's about time he grew up to be honest. McCarthy was really putting himself about in the first half and was fortunate to avoid a booking himself on a number of occasions. Despite this, there is no place in football for what Rooney did. I can understand Fergie's statement in trying to protect his players, but it would be refreshing to see him come out and put Rooney in his place.